1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urban terrain (not that urban, in retrospect)

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Oestvang, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Oestvang

Oestvang Well-Known Member

So after looking at the board I decided to add a central structure that can work as a central feature and that gives me an option of an armory room that is elevated or a construction site that is below ground. I also added a few more features to the town side. A few weathered and battered bus shelters and a road sign to provide interest and some mid field shelter. Also added a low rail to separate the road to the bridge from the shop parking lot.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Biomckill

Biomckill Well-Known Member

Those stairs are made from scratch or purchased?

3. Oestvang

The stairs are o scale plastruct or evergreen stairs that I built a frame around with 2 mm styrene.[​IMG]

4. Oestvang

So the basement is complete, with a gateway on one side and a staircase on the other. On top of the basement will be a partially completed floor with an armory room in the middle of the table. I made a floor plate complete with insulation for the basement. The armory room will look very different, I think.

I added a second staircase, there will be some kind of ladder on the river side of the building and something to vault or climb across on the other two sides.

I've also printed out some dummy trees and vehicles so I can start looking at firing lines.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Mayel

Mayel Ursi de Tunguska

How did you do the macadam ? Is it cork ?

6. Oestvang

A layer of cork and then ak diorama asphalt on top. This turns out super black, so I hit it with some pigments and to tone it down.

jherazob likes this.
  7. Oestvang

So the central building is ready to act as an armory building. It will eventually get a roof for other scenarios, as well as more decorative elements (a taco truck and a portapotty are required). Next step is to use some horrible paper trees to find out where trees should go on the river board.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#47 Oestvang, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  8. Biomckill

Biomckill Well-Known Member

Some lampposts along the road? Bus signals? Some traffic signals?

So far the table looks really nice. And different...

9. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Nice touch on the last building. At first I thought it was recycled paper waiting for paint, then "maybe he found one with nice logo, too clean for just recycled, but IIRC typical is horizontal, not diagonal, maybe it is a store logo like some chains"... zoomed in, no, it is printed, it really is house wrap, like building not finished yet.
    The realistic touches. Speaking of, I would paint the road lines thinner.

10. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

If you end up redoing the lines for scale, also note that the standard in the us is 10 feet (3 m) length with 20-30 foot (7-10 m) spacing. 6 inches wide.

11. Mob of Blondes

Width is 4 to 6 inches in USA, doc points to some freedom. UK doc I found, it seems more strict and detailed everywhere (gaps, speeds, etc), some are 100mm, others 150mm, depending the case.

12. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

UK doc mentioning metric system units makes me wonder that it's a european standard and I know for sure that in France, the size have stricts size as you could use them to evaluate the security distance with other cars while driving. I assume that's the same for UK.

13. Oestvang

Yeah. I have thought of that, and I do have a tube of pavement gray craft paint if I want to do it. The lines are also no super straight.

There will of course be building supplies all over the building site, eventually.

I'll keep the buildings removable so it can work for fallout as well.

14. Mob of Blondes

Probably EU rules are (for now) the minimum and the base of those UK ones. Anyway, UK is funny like that, they mix units, pints in bars, litres in shops, etc.

The straightness looks OK, like when looking from a tall building, it was just the thickness that gave it away.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation