1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated Total Immunity

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Cannon Fodder, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

Only if you ignore the entire point that is made in the first bullet. Then apply that addition not to the preceding point, and only point, but instead to the conditions of that point. I don't interpret rules like that.

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

It’s not ignoring the entire point in the first bullet, it’s applying the first bullet.

Again, it’s structured if X, then Y and Z.

If it’s an Attack etc. that forces any ARM or BTS Rolls then you apply X and Y.

A Mão Esquerda and BLOODGOD like this.
  3. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

Your argument only holds if TI is structured as a complete and utter disaster.

For your interpretation to hold, we must assume the first bullet is providing the requirements for TI to activate. Even though the skill has a requirements field with absolutely nothing listed. Also within that first bullet is listed a special case involving special ammo. The second bullet is then adding to the requirement listed in the first bullet. How do you rate that kind of structure? I rate it very poorly.

The wording below can be adjusted, I'm not claiming the wording to be perfect, but the structure is far better if the skill is to be interpreted as you say.

TOTAL IMMUNITY AUTOMATIC SKILL
    Optional

REQUIREMENTS
    • The owner must suffer a successful Attack—or be affected by any weapon or rule—that forces any ARM or BTS Rolls
    • This Special Skill is not applied if the owner suffers a Hacking or Comms Attack.
    EFFECTS
    • The owner is immune to the special effects of Special Ammunitions, treating them as Normal Ammunition.
    • When making any ARM Roll or BTS Rolls, instead of using the corresponding attribute, the player can make the roll using either their ARM or BTS attribute, choosing the most advantageous for them. (see example A below)
    • If affected by a weapon or Ammunition with the Non-Lethal Trait (see Infinity N3), owners of Total Immunity won't suffer its effects, so they won't make the ARM or BTS Roll, nor any corresponding Guts Roll.
    The rule above is far easier to understand and interpret. TI doesn't activate against Adhesive, FO, and hacking because the requirements for the skill are not met. How TI works against Special ammo is listed in it's very own bullet point. How TI works when making ANY ARM/BTS roll is clearly listed in it's own bullet point. How TI works against Non Lethal is also listed. In a perfect world, the list of attacks TI works against would be all inclusive and no second bullet would be needed under requirements.

The way TI is written in the wiki, I have to assume the first and second bullet is only in reference to Special ammo. The example reinforces this as well.

#83 Ginrei, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    toadchild likes this.
  4. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

@ijw Do you mind acknowledging my interpretation for why normal ammo can sometimes be more powerful against TI troopers? Does it make sense? Is it plausible?

5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

As mentioned in the other thread:
    I think we're at the point of having to agree to disagree.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  6. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

To me? Where?

7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

No, to jfunkd. Click the tiny orange arrow in the quote box that says "IJW said: <arrow>"

Ginrei likes this.
  8. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

I didn't realize he quoted himself. If CB wanted TI to work the same for all ammo types, they failed. I'll just file this under one more rule that doesn't work as written and move on.

At this point i feel like the rules section should just be a list of topics for each rule and skill in the game. No new threads can be created. We must search for the rule/skill and post our questions there.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation