1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsolved question list

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Arkhos94, Feb 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

@Arkhos94

It's worth noting that hackers don't have the Hackable trait in Infinity. A way to phrase it might be:

A hacker disguised using Holoprojector 1 as a non-hacker (and therefore who doesn't have the hackable trait on their true or apparent profiles) moves into an enemy repeater zone in their active turn. Am I required to inform my opponent of anything?

And as a follow up:

In the above situation, assuming that you don't have to reveal anything, since the reactive player doesn't think they have any AROs available, if they don't take any after the first short skill where the enemy moved into their repeater area, are they unable to respond if the hidden hacker declares a hacking program against them?

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I know this is not helping, but keep in mind that BS Attack is one, two or all of the following, depending on situation:
    • Equivalent of an unspecified "ranged attack" in other games
    • A specific skill BS Attack
    • A label for a skill
    So, a BS Attack is a skill that performs a BS Attack and is in itself a skill of the BS Attack type. It's what happens when you use the same terminology for several concepts that you may or may not want to keep apart. You can declare Triangulated Fire without any external skills.

Daniel Darko likes this.
  3. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Consensus didin't seem that clear when I read the original post.

Personnaly I don't understand the difference between reacting with sixth sense against move + CC attack while in a smoke or while being attacked from the back (if there is one, I would be happy to read it in the orginal post)

4. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

The difference would be the ability to draw a LoF. In smoke you can not draw the line through it (without MSV2+). While just being attack from the back you could draw that line.

Smoke specifically states that you only get to draw a line through it to return fire is you are BS Attacked, not Attacked.
    • Any trooper who is the target of a BS Attack into or out of a Zero Visibility Zone, or whose LoF traverses a Zero Visibility Zone, may respond to the attacker even without LoF, provided the trooper is facing the attacker.

toadchild and ijw like this.
  5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

What Duke of Earl said. Sixth Sense doesn't grant the trooper LoF, it lets the trooper ignore their facing when attacked. If something other than facing is blocking LoF, LoF is still blocked.

6. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Smoke case seems like an exception to this.

7. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Not against a CC attack though, as the smoke rule specifically calls out as working against a BS Attack.

eciu likes this.
  8. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

No, it's what the FAQ addresses explicitly.

toadchild and DukeofEarl like this.
  9. Hecaton

Well it's awkward because the same sentence that lets the sixth sense trooper ignore facing also lets them ignore LoF.

10. Arkhos94

I know I asked already but : @psychoticstorm, would it be possible to pin this subject (at least until most question get solved) ?

Hecaton and BLOODGOD like this.
  11. Hecaton

@Arkhos94 The question about holoprojector and hacking is still not phrased correctly, imo, because it's not clear as to whether or not you even need to answer that question in the affirmative as you phrased it.

12. Arkhos94

Is it better now ? (I took your post from monday and kept the possible answers)

13. Hecaton

You know what, I think I misread you. There are two drop-downs that cover the topic and I only looked at the top one (which I think is redundant at this point).

14. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

It can declare Change Facing if it's engaged that order for the same reason it could declare Shoot if it had LoF - because at the start of the order it was not in the engaged state.

15. Mahtamori

No they can't, because at the time when they want to declare Change Facing, they are Engaged with the Crane. Your skill declaration has to be valid at the exact point when it's declared and the requirements has to be valid at the exact point when you apply the effects.

16. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

According to what principle?

In both of the following situations, Trooper A is activating in B's zone of control; and B is opposing.

Scenario 1: A is standing in front of B. A activates and moves into base contact with B. When B declares its ARO, it is engaged.
    Scenario 2: A is standing behind B. A activates and moves into base contact with B. When B declares its ARO, it is engaged.

For Scenario 1, you can find examples in the rulebook where B declare BS Attack AROs, even though those aren't permitted to be declared in base contact. You won't find any examples of declaring Change Facing when you can see the attacker because Dodge is universally the better choice.
    For Scenario 2, you won't find any examples of Change Facing AROs because that would be pointless to do. Dodge is always the better choice.

toadchild likes this.
  17. Mahtamori

You're missing the context. Scenario 2 is the scenario to which Leviathan responded to and wanted to do Change Facing, with the following exception:
    Scenario 2: A1 and A2 are standing behind B. A1 has Stealth, A2 does not. A1 and A2 activates and A1 moves into base contact with B, A2 moves clearly within ZOC but outside LOF. When B declares its ARO, it is engaged.

B can not declare Change Facing because B is Engaged with A1.
    B can not declare Dodge, because A1 used Stealth to Move into Base to Base contact and A2 provided the ARO.

18. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

I thought scenario two has TWO troopers activating? One with Stealth and one without. That’s what was being discussed.

toadchild likes this.
  19. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

By that logic, troops that become engaged by CC troops can't respond by shooting the dude in the face either.

20. Mahtamori

They can do that because there is an example saying they can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation