1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Units I can't understand

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by haiku, Jan 9, 2021.

1. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Monster is talking about -3 to Dodge.

2. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

I usually use the Clipsos FO when I need a good and safe button-pusher, though I find myself using her less frequently since the introduction of the Draal.
    I could also see myself bringing in the Minelayer option for disruptive purposes or the BSG option as a "living mine" in a place were I suspect a link team to cross.

I am struggling with the Igao, too, though she can be pretty strong. I guess she's just a unit that is bound to performing inconsistently. She mainly lacks Infiltration (+6) to be great.

The unit I include in almost all of my lists, however, is Jaan Staar.
    He's decent at everything, though not the best at anything. A jack of all trades, if you will. If I can, I will hold him in reserve together with a Kaeltar to at least have the option of deploying him with a mate and/or bomb.
    If you're willing to invest the orders, you can then place a mine around a corner and peek the corner in a subsequent order to give your target(s) nothing but bad choices. Whatever your opponent does, you'll have a good answer to it: Shooting, moving into CC, Pheroware tactics, shotgun templates.
    One thing to be careful about, however, is that Jaan struggles against the heavy hitters of an army (as he should). You'll be much better off attacking cheerleaders than the quarterback.
    Another thing to look out for is his deployment. If you deploy him too aggressively, he can fall rather quickly without accomplishing much. I know it's tempting to place him right at 36" but sometimes it's worth investing an order or two to get him in position post deployment.

melkiach, RobertShepherd and Abrilete like this.
  3. Barsik

Barsik Well-Known Member

Got it,just did not understand why leave any chances to opponent.

4. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Jaan Star deployed with a Simbiobomb after landing a mine is like, muahahhahaa, what you will do now, reset or dodge? LAWL!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation