1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultimate team ?

Discussion in 'Core Set' started by Marduck, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Too bad there is not a general tactics sub forum.

I would like to improve my skills on Aristeia and would like to have your tought on team composition.

What would your dream team (including all extensions so far) for
    - damage team
    - control team
    - balanced team
    - other idea ?

Do you compose your team thinking about a specific scenario or try to focus on one of these aspect ?

2. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

I try to focus on specific scenarios and team synergies.

One of my favourite mobility control teams is for example:
    Kozmo, Gata, Mendoza & Massacre

Kozmo & Massacre both give you elements of control and off-tanking, which is supported heavily by Mendoza and his healing abilities. You get plenty of damage over time effects with Burning which is complimented by Massacre's burst damage. Combine this with Gata's control via Dazzling and her mobility to score and you have a really well rounded team.

Plus they have lots of overlapping effects, multiple sources of Dazzle, Burning, a Taunt and some Tactic Cards that play really well off each other and you have a really solid team. The only downside is it is a very hard team to draft well in Zlavin due to how popular all 4 characters are.

Croepoek, treiral and Roadrunner7431 like this.
  3. Marduck

So I'm willing to have a pretty aggressive team.

What about :
    - Hannibal
    - Valkyrie / Musashi
    - Wild bill / Dart / Major Lunha
    - Bixie

I don't have a real tank but that's a lot of damage. Bixie can score and Valkyrie can controle (with some help from Hannibal)

And because I love Prysm :
    - Prysm
    - Massacre
    - Wild bill / Musashi
    - Laxmee

Laxmee to boost Prysm who will then go taunt everybody and boost Wild Bill orMusashi and hope I get some switch for extra attacks

4. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

A fun thing I like to do is to make up teams by shuffling initiative cards and picking randomly. On TTS you can shuffle the characters by selecting "shuffle" from the menu that appears when you activate the menu on the large disc on your right hand side that contains all the characters and their assorted Tactics, tokens etc. I have not found that "R" works on the disc but the menu does work.

5. Marduck

Ok so I tried this team yesterday :
    - Hannibal
    - Wild bill
    - Massacre
    - Prysm

Scenario was king of the hill.

A lot of taunt, and a lot of DPS. Will Bill is a beast and with Hannibal buff and cards to reroll dices he one shot Hexxar twice before she activated and Father Sworza.

I rolled increadibly but even with average roll I think that is a lot of DPS. Even Maximus and the robot with smoke could not stop the rampage.

Any second thought on this team ? Don't you feel like Wild Bill is a litlle OP ?

He has great initiative, the best attack, the hability to discard for even more damage, cards to attack twice, switches to attack even more ... How do you counter him ? With gata and dazzle ?

6. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

First Moscow tournament was with Karano mode. I pick ultimate team and had 3 wins and 0 defeats.
    My pick was Kozmo to counter range dps, Mushashi - because he ignores smoke:), Hexxer to immobilize melee DPS of my opponent and map control and Laxmee to buff Musgasgi switch and dispell enemy states from my aristos. And I'm not sure that this team can be improved by Human Fate or Bahadurs.

7. Tribulus

Tribulus Member

My preferred counter for Bill is either Kozmo or Dart.

But Yes, both Mushashi and Bill are certainly above the curve of most characters.

8. Marduck

Thank you both for your feedback. It helps a lot to have more experienced players advices to improve my game. :)

9. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

In my experience it's not really so much about being OP as he's more that type of character that you have to deal with.
    This is why, in my opinion, you need to play draft mode when you pick characters, so you can counterpick. I've played plenty of games were Wild Bill was essentially a dead pick as either Kozmo was smoking everything down or he was constantly Dazzled (Final Boss is also one of the best, if not THE best control/brawler character out there).

As for your team composition, it's indeed aggressive but I think this was a case of your opponent having a bad matchup, since your team would be very vulnerable control teams as you cannot do much against states.

10. Spellbreaker90

Spellbreaker90 Well-Known Member

My Team for King of the hill :

Max
    H3xx3r
    Wild Bill
    Parvati/Laxmee

11. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

I've got to try that one day. Back in my fighting game days that was a lot of fun, and one of the best guys in my casual group always played random. As such, he learned everyone to a decent level, and knew how to deal with them as well.

12. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Bill is superb if left unchecked but anyone just standing next to him can stop him doing what he does fairly well. Gata is a particularly good counter due to her speed and mobility to get her dazzle on him. A dazzled and engaged bill is a useless one :-)

13. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I was thinking about the ultimate Tactics manipulation team:

Wild Bill
    Hannibal
    Taowu
    Oberon

It might not win, but it would be HELL to play against.

volgo likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation