1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UHLAN FIXING - DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by lord farfhocel, Apr 9, 2018.

1. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

And you don't suck at rolling dice xD

(killed my drone after 2 more rerrols and TechBee on table)

2. TriggerPuller9000

TriggerPuller9000 Poverty Orde Wingate

100%, and this is something I've been saying in response to the discussion about Link Teams vs. TAGs. If you plot each one's active turn effectiveness (y axis) against damage taken (x axis) you receive two very different functions.

The TAG follows a linear function - its effectiveness doesn't change as a result of damage taken until it's Unconscious. And, as you said, you can bring it back from being doubled out fairly easily.

The Link Team follows a nonlinear function. The first team member that goes down drops you from +3 BS to base, and if that team member is packing the team's only SWC weapon, then it's a huge punch. The function plateaus at the second casualty, ignoring weapons. The third casualty pops the team's effectiveness down to that of an individual trooper. Almost across the board, Wounds are easier to remove from infantry than they are to remove from TAGs.

daboarder and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  3. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

It's worth noting that losing link team members also make it even easier to damage it further. But that's probably what was meant by its effectiveness being non-linear function.

But back on topic, I don't think that Uhlan's perceived problems have anything to do with how he compares to things that are very different in nature.

colbrook likes this.
  4. Guardian

Guardian Well-Known Member
    Warcor

What about the 4 extra orders you have with a 5-man link?

5. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Aaand we're getting way, way off-topic with that one...

6. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

I just have to point out that a tag has a constant performance, not a linear one. A linear equations
    Y = mx + c
    For this to be true fpr tags m =0 which means it cannot be utilized in linear algebra as it is already its own output and cannot be placed in matrix form.

Similar link teams are not, non-linear, they are heavieside functions with discontinuity in performance at the loss of a link member.

One day ill get round to the writeup on the math behind infinity beyond the statistical analysis.

As to how you compare the two i imagine a step wise intergration of the area under the curves would be the best way to do it

Barrogh and eciu like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation