1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

two rule questions

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Genesis, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Genesis

Genesis Member

hi guys, i played a game with my friend today and found two questions, happy to see any replies. thank you :)

1. in kozmo's supernova's switch, it says "impose the burning state to all adjacent enemies." does it mean "adjacent to kozmo" or "adjacent to the target"?

2. my Murtair use his claw swipe against 8-ball, and both triggers their own switches (i can displace 8-ball, and he can displace himself). if i resolve first to push him out of the scoring zone, he can use his to fly back so it doesn't make any sense. but if i let him resolve first, after he displace himself one space far from me, can i still use my switch to displace him?
    for this switch it doesn't say any distance limit, so does that mean the distance follows the attack's distance (1-1) or it will resolve successfully if the attack can be resolved? in this case, can i displace him if i let him go first?

2. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

1) Does the switch have a range or the word TARGET in its text? Nope. It's adjacent to Kozmo.

2) All the range are measured when the action is declared. The Characters can end at the opposite ends of the HexaDome but they still inflicts damage, states and so on as they have not moved an inch.

precinctomega and Genesis like this.
  3. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

1. Its adjacent to Kozmo. if it was Adjacent to the target, "Target" would be somewhere in the switch.

2. With a "displace Target" switch ability, yes you you can. The attack checks range before you even make the rolls, so everything already happened. It doesn't have another condition, like Musashi's :1: :5::2:trigger does.

Genesis likes this.
  4. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

As the active player you get to decide who uses their switches first. This to my knowledge is the only exception to the general rule that the Underdog decides the order of events. So I agree that you should give him the opportunity to use his switch first. Then if he chooses to displace away from you, you may still displace him further away if you wish.

5. Genesis

Genesis Member

thank you all, that really helps :)

at first i thought supernova was some kind of CQB rocket, so when it hit the target it explodes to burn things around, and now it seems like some... flame thrower? XD

6. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

super-hot exhausts?

7. Fathi Amirmoez

Fathi Amirmoez Active Member

White Phosphorus.

8. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Fists and smoke cannisters.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation