1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tunguska in 2018? Speculate here!

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Solar, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

Damn son let the man dream. Druze got Saito, I don't think he's really unique to Yu-Jing at all.

I would also like this.

I'm curious, why do you think that?

This would be interesting and I honestly could see it as an alternative to completely re-doing the securitate.

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Too pricey a 5 man link. putting the grenzer inside a mixed fireteam, however...

3. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

CSUs as a cheap cheerleader option could be cool too, and rather fluffy given that Tunguska is very corporate

Deathwig, sarf and Golem2God like this.
  4. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

I mean in theoretical list building I never built them as any more than a Haris. Honestly depending on whatever else is around to support it, a Haris with the FO, Boarding shotgun, and ML seems pretty dope.

Golem2God likes this.
  5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

@Tom McTrouble the only popular 4-2 links either cost well under 20 points a guy or have Mimetism or MSV2. And even those aren't the most popular on the faction. Maybe Grunts are. Also maybe Djanbazan but they get to mix link to lower cost. If Grenzers do that they could become much more popular than normal.

Again, this doesn't necessarily reflect strength. And CB could easily rebalance things and everything would change.

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  6. T. Rex Pushups

T. Rex Pushups Well-Known Member

A grenzer team that could mix in an Interventor and a remote like the Druze can would be pretty popular I suspect.

7. Nicklz

Nicklz Well-Known Member

Not sure Interventor and Grenzers mix well... Can't use the Lt order and anytime you hack everyone can be AROed.

8. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Interventors have non-Lt. profiles. That's mostly a problem for reactive links that use supportware.

9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I love MI links. I'd take a Grenzer link in a heartbeat if I could.

10. Lothair

Lothair Well-Known Member

Me too, but I doubt I would take it if I also wanted to have a Szally along side it. Get damn expensive, hence the idea for a cheaper LI option. Plus, the sectorial should probably have more than just one Fireteam Core option.

So far we have:
    - Szalamandras
    - Interventors
    - Kriza Boracs
    - Spektres
    - Grenzers
    - Securitates?

That's definitely not enough for a full sectorial, especially bearing in mind that all the choices (except for interventors) are on the expensive end of their respected unit types.

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  11. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

There's also the Hollow Men and Tactical Puppets that have been mentioned. And some kind of Naval Zond I seem to recall?

12. reaper1714

reaper1714 Annoying genocidal machine

I'd love to see a linkable remote model for Tunguska to serve as "our" Light Infantry. Fluff-wise could be justified: Sentry units from Tunguska's Crypt.
    A unidron model of a sort (tactically speaking) but without all the biological stuff; combi rifle instead of plasma and some Heavy Weapon Choices but not a lot (more focused on blitzens, E-mitters, ADHL...) and repeaters...
    Following the bosnian inspiration in Kriza's name... they could be named "Stražar"

Hype Mode [OFF]:joy:

sarf, Willen, Cry of the Wind and 2 others like this.
  13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Well if tactical puppets are Nomad flavoured Batroids/Dakinis then that'd be awesome, though I dunno what Nomad flavour would look like there. Potentially slapping ARM on it, worked for the Tsyklon and Lunokhod

14. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Want a Takeshi Kovac recreation as named character Kriza Borac. :D Or as a melee unit for that sectorial.

#34 HarlequinOfDeath, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Gunmage, Lothair and reaper1714 like this.
  15. reaper1714

reaper1714 Annoying genocidal machine

I think a wide variety of deterrence weaponry such the ones mentioned above would be awesome (instead of the ARM upgrade) and would fill the niche left by zeros, bandits, wildcats on those other cheaters we (Tunguska) won't probably have access to.

16. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

I have this little dream that tactical puppets are link filler like hafza with direct template weapons. Like maybe pupniks with a chest mine. That way they would be the missing source of cheap order for tunguska, and help make links more cost effective.

Well at least I can dream.

Golem2God likes this.
  17. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Eh. Links of what expensive stuff you are expecting though?

18. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd like to have totally new units for Tunguska, this is my expectation, I hope CB will listen to me, we need them 'cause for now, there're very few things that are characteristic for this sectorial army.

Golem2God likes this.
  19. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

There's a reason Hafza don't have DTW. Linked DTW are a niche in their own.

Everything is probably designed and in testing by now. Don't worry I'm certain there's a lot we haven't seen.

20. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

I hope too ;)
    But I can't wait xD!!
    Anyway, I started playing nomads again just a few weeks ago, after months and now my playstyle is focused on our amazing Camos but I wanna test the Kriza 'cause I need a comparison, I only played the Taskmaster, I want to see which one is more suitable for me.

loricus likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation