1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to make Hulahg great))

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by epsilon, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

And they're at +0 from 8-16", +3 if you're willing to sacrifice the DEP. I usually save B1 weapons for ARO, though.

When you only have the one camo infiltrator in the list, I keep that as my Reserve. Makes it much harder to get counter-deployed.

I'd really like to give the Hulangs Cybermask. Not a complete KHD, just Cybermask. Though Eclipse Smoke would also work.

Space Ranger likes this.
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Or Holoecho2 like the Kanren.

Azuset likes this.
  3. IAGO242

IAGO242 Executive Officer

Considering the fact it wouldn’t fix Invincible Army weaknesses and you are paying 40+ points for him, I think adding smoke to the profile wouldn’t be OP even if combined with Haidao.

csjarrat likes this.
  4. REND

REND Well-Known Member

When going second I tend to ignore his Forward deployment and just treat him as another HI that doesn't want to do long range ARO duty. Out of sight, around a corner ready to snap off an ARO shot if the enemy make it that close. I might still put the Hulang a little outside my deployment zone, if the terrain makes it desirable and the E/M grenades can sometimes pull off something cute. Although dodging is rarely the best option, kinematica2 means that the Hulang can cover quite a lot of ground in reaction and sometimes that's a good way to reposition when opponents are moving around in a marker state.

Again, the fact the Hulang can duo with a shang ji and thus get tinbot B protection is a fairly big plus in my opinion. IA can be very resistant to enemy hacking but only because of tinbots.

Paegis and valukr like this.
  5. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I tend to favor the Hulang in missions where the DataTracker has to kill the Designated Target or your DZ is 16 inches (I have only played him in IA, though). Haven't really tried the Duo option and it certainly would benefit from some kind of protection if going second (not having mines near, really sucks).

I'd like to try the following: Shang Ji Tinbot or Haidao KHD/Engineer Duo, with a Daoying Minelayer using his FD1 to lay a mine near him. I feel like the unit is soooo close to being awesome... I don't know if it is not figuring out what the best way to field him is or if it's just missing something, but I'd love to see it thrive.

valukr likes this.
  6. KestrelM1

KestrelM1 Well-Known Member

It's missing Frenzy.

upload_2019-8-22_9-20-14.jpeg

That's roughly what it would look like with the rule - then it's a more viable competitor to the Zhencha, and Duo is suddenly an interesting option.

#26 KestrelM1, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Azuset, Mahtamori and IAGO242 like this.
  7. Space Ranger

To gain an impetuous order but loose cover?! No thanks.

8. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

To gain a cost reduction whose associated penalties are canceled by being in a duo.

csjarrat likes this.
  9. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

He'd have to survive more than one turn for that to matter.

Talking about survival, I was thinking about decoy and though it would be a reasonnable way to keep him alive without bumping his utility through the roof.

Ariwch likes this.
  10. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I posted a suggestion on the N4 thread about giving the Hulang PH 14, and how I thought that would give him the edge it needs to avoid templates, Engage and spec-fire grenades kinda reliably.

What do you guys think?

IAGO242 likes this.
  11. IAGO242

IAGO242 Executive Officer

I’m liking the simple Frenzy change which matches their fluff.
    I still think smoke or eclipse or something is needed to get to combat though.

12. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Frenzy is thematic enough and bumps it down to almost affordable costs, though I think the discount is higher than what KestrelM1 estimates.
    PH14 would necessitate the Mono CCW change into a DA or EXP CCW and for the D-Charges to be dropped. Personally, I am missing a proper DA or EXP CCW in the sectorial more than I am missing good PH on EM Grenades.
    "Why not both?" but if I got to pick only one change to make, it'd be Frenzy.

13. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Eclipse smoke. Done.

Azuset and Space Ranger like this.
  14. Space Ranger

One thing though. Whatever changes you may want to the Hulang would also go to Dahshat. So if you want it for Yu Jing, do you want it for Dahshat as well?

15. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Kill off Dashat.

Zewrath, Barrogh and SKOZZOKONZ like this.
  16. Space Ranger

If you can't kill them, play them! ;) To me, they are a sub-section of Yu Jing.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  17. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Dahshat have mcmurrough they dont need this unit at all regardless of fantasy buffs

18. Space Ranger

True, but as of now the Hulang is in Dahshat and may never leave it. So again, whatever proposes people have for changes, they need to think of the things they are giving to others, that would also include Vanilla. Where I think the Hulang does better than IA but still not as good as Dahshat.

19. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

I disagree. It wouldn't be the first time developers add sectorial specific options, and that's what exactly IA needs. It would be unacceptable that such a limited sectorial like Invincible was being kept away from some useful gear and skills just to prevent Dashat from benefitting too much. It's Dashat the one getting loan units from IA, therefore Invincible should NOT be affected by balance issues with Dashat or generic YuJing.

20. Space Ranger

Good point, they could make some skills and/or weapons just for IA. But how likely is that to happen to a profile that’s less than a year old?

Joametz likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation