1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trigger Area Rules Question

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Azuset, May 10, 2019.

1. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Does having a friendly model in between a model that can place a mine and an enemy unit allow a player to place a mine? Or is the enemy model still within the trigger area?

I understand that having a friendly model in the trigger are will not allow the mine to explode BUT does it impede the trigger area it's self?

In the example below pretend there is a straight line between all of the models. Would Friendly Unit B be blocking the trigger area of the mine placed by Friendly Unit A like a piece of scenery?

Legend

These {} brackets represent the trigger area of the mine.

---> Represent the space between units.

/ represents base 2 base contact.

Without friendly model

Before mine placement

Friendly Unit A -------------> Enemy Model.

After mine placement

Friendly Unit A -> Mine {Trigger Area -------------> Enemy Model.}

With Friendly model

Before mine placement

• Friendly Unit A -------------> Friendly Unit B/Enemy Model.

After mine placement

• Friendly Unit A -> Mine {Trigger Area -------------> Friendly Unit B} / Enemy Model.

2. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

3. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Mines#Trigger_Area
    The Trigger Area excludes any areas in Total Cover from the Blast Focus of the Small Teardrop Template.

So i'd say the Trigger Area is not reduced by the presence of friendly trooper as they don't provide Total Cover (they block LoF, while Cover refer to Scenery. If there was multiple enemy they'd all get hit even those without LoF).
    edit: therefore, you cannot place a mine if the only target is a camo marker hidden by a friendly trooper. as mentioned by the reminder.

#3 Robock, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Azuset likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation