1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transmission to All Members of the Nomad Nation - Durgama Takeover

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by MJGrey, Jul 8, 2022.

1. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

[OOC] Don't worry, I took the chance to adapt from your call in my latest game, and it paid! I'll post the follow-up within my new batrep by tonight or tomorrow. ;)

Errhile likes this.
  2. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

3. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

[OOC] NVM, I've managed to play through TTS :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

You sit in companionable silence with the rest of your Nomad brethren, huddled together around an ammo can while you all load loose rounds into combi-rifle magazines. The fabric of your vacuum suit gloves make this work hard, but you’re a Nomad–working hard keeps you alive.

[​IMG]

A Daktari walks by, his face framed by the light streaming in from the open hanger door. He loads another tube of medfoam into his MediKit on his way down the line of wounded. The patch of remembrance and mourning for the Satellite Module affixed to his chest catches your eye as he passes.

You’ve fought long and hard, and the aliens keep coming. Thankfully, so do the Nomad reinforcements. The Amethyst Sky, Hatsune Miku, Ulthar I, Ipanema, Bears, Auril’s Bounty and so many others, even battered Corregidor herself, have sent detachments of Nomads hell bent on revenge. The rest of the Durgama Defense Coalition is busy elsewhere–holding the Raveneye is the Nomads’ responsibility–nay–choice. “Módulo Satélite: Ni perdón, ni olvido,” you mutter under your breath as you thumb another round into the magazine you’re holding.

[​IMG]

Klaxons sound in your helmet, warning you of incoming Combined Army boarding torpedoes. Reverend Custodier Mira Rivera’s voice cuts through the chatter, calling for battle stations. There’s no need–everyone is already moving. Your Nomad brothers and sisters are tucking half-filled magazines into webbing pouches and stowing loose gear. You can see the exhaustion around you, but all faces are set with grim determination.

What point defense turrets are left in human control open up, kinetic kill rounds like a school of piranhas searching for their prey. You look to the hanger door, searching the sky for the drive cone flares of the incoming torpedoes as you rise your feet, trying to estimate how much time you have to find cover.

There. A mote of blue light, moving across the starfield. That’s a drive cone. It’s too close for the point defense to take it out in time. You heft your rifle, a rounds remaining counter flickering to life in your helmet visor. They’re coming.

What’s this? Two stars are born right before your eyes, streaking towards the boarding torpedo. Impact! Your visor darkens briefly against the blinding light, then reveals a soft ball of expanding gas. Something just intercepted the boarding torpedo!

[​IMG]

An angular hole in the sea of stars appears, drinking in the light. Your comlog winks a glyph in your peripheral vision. An incoming message.

This is Interventor WiseKensai, commanding the Tunguskan Shadowship
    Crypto Winter. Combined boarding torpedo destroyed. We’re coming in to dock, and will need help unloading ammunition and medical supplies from our Haqqislamite allies and evacuating the wounded.

Stand fast. We must hold the Raveneye station and secure
    both the Starboard and the Port Batteries!

For the Satellite Module! Good hunting, Nomads.

Additional tasking orders and details can be found at the following Durgama Defense Coalition Arachne Node:

[​IMG]

5. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

To Nomad Command on board Ravenseye, this is the director of Waqf al-Badawi.

I'm speaking on behalf of reis Hassan, skipper of the QAS Rose of Cairo. You've heard of this ship, it was one of the two Qapu Khalqi auxiliary cruisers that were assisting Corregidor a week ago.

Reis
    Hassan has informed me that two of his dropship crews are willing to risk a medevac run on Ravenseye, with the Rose providing cover. They're experienced combat pilots and they do know the risks.

Reis plans to send one dropship to Port Battery, and the other to Starboard one, if the parties controlling these locations are willing to receive them. They'll be bringing some medical supplies, but the primary goal of the mission is evacuation of the wounded. QAS Rose of Cairo can remain in the area for only a very limited time, so please have your wounded prepared for boarding.

ETA on Port Battery 22:45 standard time.

Awaiting your confirmation.

Savnock likes this.
  6. Errhile

Update: Ariadna Command declined reis Hassan's offer. Both dropships are available to make a run for Port Battery.

Please confirm.

7. Errhile

Urgent.
    Nomad Command, please respond.

Available time window is closing. Without your confirmation we'll be forced to scrap the mission.

8. MJGrey

MJGrey Amethyst Sky Officer

Waq al-Badawi, this is Reverend Mira Rivera of Nomad High Command. Apologies for the timeliness of our response -- fighting on the Port Battery has been fierce, and multiple fronts across the Durgama Peninsula have required our immediate attention. We have set up an evac point for casualties and wounded Nomad troops and would greatly appreciate all assistance offered. We'll continue to hold against Combined forces at the Battery and will gladly offer covering fire for the QAS Rose of Cairo.

9. Errhile

Understood, I'll inform reis Hassan the mission is a go. Be ready to receive his two dropships approximately 22:45 standard time.

We'll be praying for success of this operation.

10. Errhile

I'm happy to inform you the mission was a full success. While one of the dropships got damaged by enemy fire on return flight and had to be towed in - that's just equipment, the people onboard made it through safely. Though it certianly was a nerve-wrecking experience for those still conscious.

Reis
    Hassan sends his regards.

QAS Rose of Cairo is now on its way to rendezvous with HNS Ibn Rushd and transfer the casaulties to the hospital ship.

11. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Apparently PanO left the Bow section unattended and thus gave the control in the CA's hands / claws / tentacles. And that just to hinder Yu Jing rummaging through PanO's trash cellar... a damn selfish move, even for the hyperpower's low standards.

This woud be the right moment for Nomad High Command (e.g. @MJGrey) to make this public. And then blast the Bow Section off the station and let it fall onto the similarly infested Zebu Research Station!

[​IMG]

#31 Tristan228, Jul 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
  12. Errhile

I have been informed of sad news: QAS Marid - the other Qapu Khalqi auxiliary cruiser involved with Waqf al-Badawi during humanitarian relief operation at Corregidor two weeks ago - has been confirmed destroyed by Combined Army's forces a couple days ago. The ship is considered lost with all hands aboard.

At the moment that happened, QAS Marid was under orders from Qapu Khalqi Armada, which haven't been disclosed to me - it wasn't, however, operating with Waqf al-Badawi at the given time.

I believed I should inform the Nomad Nation about QAS Marid's fate. So you could remember those kind hearts as well.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation