1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

Transmission Matrix zone domination size.

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Triumph, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Are the 4" radius zones for dominating infinitely tall on this mission? Or do they extend outwards from the centerpoint like a hemisphere?

2. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

It's not explicitly stated anywhere, but as a general rule circular Zones in Infinity are cylindrical straight up, while circular weapon templates are spherical. So since you're talking about a ZO, I'd go with straight up/infinitely tall.

Savnock, Sabin76 and Golem2God like this.
  3. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Compare to:

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Zone_of_Control

Troopers have an awareness of their surroundings thanks to rear sensors or plain (or augmented) hearing.

A trooper's Zone of Control is an area 8 inches extending from the border of its base, as measured vertically or horizontally. The Zone of Control is projected upwards and downwards in a cylinder 8 inches high.

Circular Templates are as layed. Only the blast focus extends for Smoke Grenades upwards but always in the limits of that cylinder.

For Transmission Matrix I would keep it similar to the ZoC ruling.

4. M0Dark

M0Dark Member

Is that 8" up and 8" down? As that is what the first sentence says, however that makes a cylinder that is 16" high from top to bottom.

5. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

That is how Zone of Control works, yes, however that is an entirely separate concept. I don't really see them as related. I would look at this as more similar to a terrain/visibility zone, since it is tied to scenery/objectives, not a trooper.