1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Totaly Immunity v. Extra Attack Switches off a different Aristo

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Jonah, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Jonah

Jonah Active Member

Hi all, had this question come up in a game the other night where my opponent and I both have different interpretations so wondering what people think or if there's an official ruling?

Moonchild's Total Immunity states 'Your opponent cannot activate Switches when you are the Target of their combat rolls' (my emphasis) but how does this interact with character such as Wild Bill, Koorie Queen, Mushashi etc. who have Switches for extra attacks that don't need to be declared against Moonchild but are declared against a different Aristo? I'll give the example that happened in our game to hopefully make it clearer:

Wild Bill attacks Oberon and gets !!! which allows him to perform Twin Pistols against a different Target which I declare against Moonchild. My interpretation is that Wild Bill would be able to attack Moonchild with this Switch attack because it generates a separate Twin Pistol attack which now Targets Moonchild and as she was not the target of the original combat roll so Total Immunity would not come into effect (though of course if Bill hit !!! against Moonchild this wouldn't work the other way around and he couldn't target a different Aristo because she was the Target).

My opponent believed that Total Immunity works in all instances of Switches so that Wild Bill couldn't declare this extra attack because Moonchild still becomes the Target of a Combat Roll (and I can see the argument here because it is called Total Immunity after all!).

Appreciate people's thoughts or indication if there's an official ruling on this.

2. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Your interpretation is right. Names and fluff don't use to be good arguments. It is called 'Total Immunity', as the skill of Dog-warriors have in Infinity so what we want to represent is that she nullifies the effects from special ammo like AP (Armor Piercing) ─which is represented is Switches like Major Lunah. But this is only the starting point. So, just follow the rules:

Is Moonchild the Target of the Attack?
    - Yes. The Attacker cannot activate any Switch (no matter if the Target of their Switch is Moonchild or not).
    - No. The Attacker may activate any Switch of them (no matter if the Target of their Switch is Moonchild or not).
    If the Effects of the Switch makes Moonchild the Target of an Attack, repeat the question.

Remember, this is about Combat Rolls, so when Mooncilhd is Attacking a Target, the Defender cannot activate any Switch.

:wink:

3. Jonah

Jonah Active Member

Thanks for the quick response V. Much appreciated.

4. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Thank you for your concern.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation