1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total Immunity - ARM/BTS roll choice

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Ginrei, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

If you treat an Ammo type as Y instead of X, you need to look up Y qualities on the Special Ammo table.

You're hit with T2 ammo, but due to TI need to "treat T2 as N ammo"? Look up and resolve a hit with N ammo.

I really can't understand how one can think that they'd still be looking at T2 ammo rules regardless of the above.

2. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

We made the same points. You got refuted.You got hostile. You've now gotten a good night sleep over it. You're now embarrased by your thread. You can't mentally accept this so you're now rationalizing lest you would ever point the finger to yourself.

Essentially, you're Eric Cartman.

3. strasse

strasse Member

You are only using the second half of bullet 1. You aren’t using the huge range of attacks part, or wide range of weapons/rules part, you are just using the special effects part. It has to say arm/bts or we could claim to ignore smoke special ammo with TI. It has to say weapons/rules or you couldn’t use TI vs (a previously placed) Detonate D-charge. It is one sentence.

To clarify, are you saying that you are reading it as ‘strictly if attacked by special ammo........, ignore the special ammo effects and treat as normal ammo effects’, and then adding bullet 2 to bullet 1 only under those conditions?

Those words aren’t there.

There is no bullet 5, saying this skill is not applied if suffering an attack/weapon/rule that uses normal ammo. TI is optional. What happens if we shoot at TI with normal ammo and we optionally invoke the power of TI?

Bullets 3 and 4 are special cases so they are nice and easy because they tell us what they apply to/won’t suffer the effects of.

Bullets 1 and 2 have no such clause saying that they aren’t applied if attacked by normal ammo.

Special in, normal out.

What happens with normal in? You can still apply bullet 1 to normal ammo. Not a lot happens but that is ok.

Normal in, normal out.

TI gets hit by normal ammo, you take that attack through bullet one and you take any special ammo effects down to normal ammo effects. There aren’t any so you just carry on and resolve the hit. Otherwise normal ammo would stop and never get resolved and TI would be immune to normal ammo, the TI player could optionally choose to use TI as they are allowed to do and stop the attack because there’s no way to progress?

Bullet 2: I honestly don’t know where you are getting phys rolls from. Bullet two says to strictly choose between two things. I completely agree that it could be clearer and say when suffering an attack/weapon/rule again or have the whole thing have an over-arching ‘when suffering...’ then bullets, but it doesn’t really need to. Arm/bts are only used to resolve damage and the N3 core rules tell us how to do that “Generally speaking, each success in an Attack Roll forces the target to make one separate ARM/BTS Roll.” So we’re not using it for phys rolls or anything else like initiative rolls.

Remember there’s no over-arching ‘when suffering...’ Then a bullet for choose arm or bts. So you would take normal ammo through that bullet too. You’d also take it through bullets 3 and 4 but not a lot would happen.

The Forward observer example doesn’t really need to be mentioned because it’s an attack that doesn’t force an arm or bts roll. It’s nice to have it spelt out for us that Total Immunity won’t work against FO, but i’m not sure why the example mentions it not using special ammo.

The only real conflict that I can see in TI is: Breaker+marksmanship causes arm and bts. If we run that through bullet 1 and we are super super strict, it is not an arm or bts. Arm+bts would still probably qualify as the arm part or the bts part.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  4. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Oh, ffs. This is starting to get not only ridiculous but straight up disgusting. Transphobia to boot, seriously? Get the hell out.

WarHound and MikeTheScrivener like this.
  5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

The thread is answered on page 1 should have ended there and definitely way before page 6, but on page 6 it has its conclusion... I do not see why half of page 6 and 7 exist.

I am severely disappointed with the language, behaviour and assumptions on this thread, thread is locked.

I am more than happy to accept criticism about rules structure and language used and the debate about N ammo using BTS, in their own new threads assuming a civilised discussion is been held.

ik3rian, JoKeR, ChoTimberwolf and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation