1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too early for August?

Discussion in 'News' started by Melkhior, Jun 1, 2020.

1. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

The three Serberys Raiders are also the size of a biker in Infinity, and build two different units.
    Compare that to the Dynamos, Desperadoes, etc etc and you'll see that it's not too far off the mark.
    Also: what the hell are you talking about "multiple SWC boxes" for that $60? They're floating around $35ish...and only have one of each profile in there.

Additionally, 20E might be a direct currency exchange to $23USD...but the price doesn't necessarily carry over. And it doesn't factor in shipping.

2. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

I mean, either company's gonna charge whatever you're willing to pay.

At least CB lets you proxy, so once you own 20 models you never have to buy another one again if you don't like the price.

3. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

That's exactly what you are paying for, the exclusive model. Every company does this, you can just wait for the regular model.

Having said this I always find funny how GW is the demon and CB is the bro company that can do no wrong but then people compare CB to GW. Surely if CB has similar practices to GW that makes them devilish too? Imagine if GW only released the useless weapon loadouts first and then waited for everybody to have bought them to use as proxies for the good loadouts to release the actual minis for the useful loadouts, that would be outrageous, right?

#363 Benkei, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  4. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

as someone that has received that kind of critic too I have to say: yes. Usually, in this case of topics, people tend to focus at the "discordant" messages, so the posts more near to our own thinking, are overlooked because those messages "don't need an answer". I think you can like something and still be critical with it, or explained in other way, you don't need to completelly agree with something to like it. Using that absolute mindstet of "if you like the game, you don't criticise it. If you criticise it, you don't like the game" is completelly wrong.

in euro? are you sure? because the last sororita characters almost all of them are between 20-30€, with a box of 2 for 40€. Only old sculpts (and some are even from before infinity existed) are below 20€ (with an almost double price rise, from 7,2€ to 12€). Most of the new characters are above 20€, and a few, are over 30. Below that, is rare at the moment, and reserved for old sculpts that have also raised in price over time.

5. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

This are Nuada's Prices :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I already suspected the miniatures fell of a truck or something like that :speak_no_evil:

You can't compare everything to polish prices. No further comments from my side :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

The hell are you on about. "Polish prices" = stolen goods ("fallen of a truck")? REALLY?

SockLobster likes this.
  7. SockLobster

SockLobster Well-Known Member

why is kanluwen throwing shade at aristeia on the official forums lol, about time that I hit 'ignore' methinks...

#367 SockLobster, Aug 7, 2020
  8. Devil_Tiger

Devil_Tiger Your Friendly Neighborhood Asura

There are currently no version of reality where current GW releases single model blisters can possibly compare favourably with that of CB, even a 20€ Infinity model (which i find expensive, even the 15€ ones make me grumble) is the bare minimum of price of what GW will do for single models (40€ for 2), but even human sized characters like assassins are around 30€, every of the 10 billion primaris character costs about that much as well.

Anything cheaper than that on GW's side is generally very old with some exceptions (Obsidius Mallex/"Chaos Lord", Greyfax, Canoness Veridian), and usually is finecast trash.

Also it's completely valid to use US price as comparison, yes there is a mark up but anyone believing it's because of the """"""new storage facility""""" is at best naive, it's plain old price gouging, if you want a proof of that, go look at australian prices. Peoples will compare what they pay for GW with what they pay for CB, that's how it work, you're not going to compare it to prices that don't concern you.

Finally it's also worth noting that GW retailers prices are around 50% lower than their website prices, which is why third party sellers can sell that crack at lower price, usually 15 to 25% lower. But i suppose it's probably not too different from CB, the store where i order my minis sells stuff 10 to 20%ish lower than CB's webstore prices.

SockLobster likes this.
  9. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Hey! Better tone down the discussion, please. I know is friday and the Trailer reveal of N4 & Starmada will launch in a few hours and you're pretty nervous.

So please, relax ;)

10. Spitfire_TheCat

:joy: Sorry, but if your prices are only around 40 to 50% of CB's store prices then it at least sounds dubious. Because normal shops (be it clothes, furniture and so on) only have a mark-up of around 100 percent. Means they buy it for 5 Euro and sell it for 10 Euro. If the advertised price is below or only marginally over those 50%, then normally they don't make a profit. In the long run ... not an good idea.

But I don't know you, I don't know your FLGS and I don't know the prices for which your FLGS can buy the miniatures from CB or GW. Maybe the mark-up is higher, for instance they only buy for around 40% so they can sell it cheaper.

Around here, I can not buy for the prices you list, that's why I wrote "This are Nuada's prices"

But if polish prices are that low, it's always good for a joke :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: SCNR. No offence intended.

#370 Spitfire_TheCat, Aug 7, 2020
  11. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Well, that "joke" was distasteful and played on nasty stereotypes about Polish people.

Also, it was poorly informed. There is a single distributor of CB goods in Poland, Wargamer. Their prices are about 10-15% off CB store prices. Some internet stores cut 5-10% off that, but very rarely and they do not carry the full range nor they do preorders, most of the time.

12. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

well, the same distastefull joke about spanish people always taking naps and holidays

13. Spitfire_TheCat

That's how stereotypes work. And somehow they must have come into existence. But I really don't want to insult anyone. I would have said the same if someone around where I live said he can buy CB's miniatures for around 4 Euro each. First reaction: "Did they fall of a truck?"

14. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

By "few hours" do you mean:
    - about two hours;
    - between two and three hours;
    - please not more than that.

[​IMG]

We have a heat wave here, I'm no more relax, I'm literally liquid.

15. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

16. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Btw, just to let you know, I always get this message when I try to open nearly any link to the infinitytheuniverse.com link. I kinda know how to navigate around this, but it might be a problem for others.

17. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

18. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Today's first trailer reveal: Starmada Action Pack!

19. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Some really nice stuff. My Favourites are the Kappa Hacker and Crushers. The Bronze dude is really just another big guy and the biker looks alright but not breathtaking. Bluecoat looks a bit silly, but I can see myself warm up to it in the long run.

Saladin looks weird for some reason, but I can't point my finger at it. Anyway, I prefer the Defiance one except for the sword, so I might get this one seperately to put the sword on the Defiance sculpt.

Ashen_Seeker likes this.
  20. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Love the models, but not my sectorial :-)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation