1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tohaa, MRRF, QK, Acon & NCA will not be in N4, stuck in N3

Discussion in 'News' started by Nuada Airgetlam, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Eclipse I too don't want to get into a discussion just wanted to share something without derailing the thread. Not to have a debate as you stated. With that mentioned, You do bring up good points in your post and use your educational background well. Given me some thought food in the process. Thank you for posting your views on the subject.

Eclipse likes this.
  2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Tohaa first. I'm biased, of course, but I think the amount of affected players is the greatest in this case which IMO should be a factor. Either of the PanO two last because they're getting Svalarheima to play with. MRRF last, we've waited so long, we haven't been that prominent, we can be done at the end of the year just fine.

3. SpectralOwl

I'd argue for Tohaa and MRRF "when they're ready", with QK and the PanOs released first because they're easy for CB to convert directly. They seemingly haven't been happy with the Space French since N2, so it makes sense to devote some time to a minor rework, and the Tohaa will just be flat-out hard with all their special and alternative rules-it wouldn't surprise me if Spiral gets delayed too if CB run out of time.

4. Golem2God

Agreed. And I'd like to state how happy I am that PanO is not going to lose two sectorials at once.

You Yu Jing players know how it felt having one sectorial plus all the units in it suddenly disappear from your faction right? Imagine that times two. A huge chunk of models go OOP then you find out that these sectorials are being removed from the game for good. This leaves only the Knights & Ocean force along with Winter force left for PanO to choose from. That means PanO would have lost nearly half of it's faction's roster and army choices. Yu Jing guys and gals were also cut in half with only one sectorial to choose from.

Glad to see that CB didn't make the same mistake they made before.

#324 Golem2God, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  5. Eclipse

Eclipse Spice Dealer

@Golem2God Well, thank you kind sir.

u scrab, u mad man, y u do dis ???,,,,,

6. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

It depends on what the priority is. If it's to get as many players back into a playable state as quickly possible, ASA and NCA are obviously first choices, because NCA contains a few staples of vanilla (Swiss, Auxilia) and both NCA and Acon have very few unique units (my last count was 5 unique units in Acon -- Guarda, Bagh Mari, Regulars, Dragoes, and Akalis) -- of the two, NCA is probably a bit more work but probably also should be first because most Acon players (myself excluded) play other parts of PanO. (I've always felt like there's some segmentation between MO players and the rest of the playerbase of PanO, but I'm not sure to what extent this is true.) There is an argument to be made that Kaldstrom will offset this, but I am not sure how you handle a vanilla with potentially 5 sectorials, and that complicates things (unless reworked sectorials are released as standalones).

QK and MRRF are lower on the scale, I think, because QK needs some serious reworking to not feel like one of the hodge-podge merc forces of NA2 (and because it had a unique mechanic before that everyone has now). MRRF needs a middling amount of work, but also has the smallest playerbase so it would probably be last (sorry baguette-bros).

Tohaa is probably somewhere in the middle, since it has a large playerbase but also a larger unit count.

Golem2God and Stiopa like this.
  7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I'd say that Tohaa should be the priority, precisely because of that player count. Additionally it'd be good to strenghten and build up the faction well in advance of the future event books, one of which will probably cover re-establishing contact with Tohaa space.

NCA should be next; it is the PanO sectorial with iconic units and firepower superiority (and there's of course the opportunity for more Bolts sculpts).

With FRRM I'm not sure what to make of it; its priority will probably rely on how extensive reworks will CHA and USAriadna get.

QK needs a new identity, to put it simply.

#327 Stiopa, Mar 12, 2020
  8. Golem2God

It does seem that Dashat has stepped on QK's toes. Taking the place it originally reserved in the Infinity army choices. Namely the merc sectorial consisting of units from multiple factions (Nomads, Haqq). Plus Dashat has Odalisques and better HI than QK. Not to mention a larger variety of Haqq units to choose from. QK does seem redundant now that Dashat was released.

9. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Yeah, of all Merc NA2 Dashat feels like really close to what modern QK could be. I think QK could build upon 1) its relationship with Nomads, and 2) mobile defense to underscore its role in fluff.

Golem2God likes this.
  10. SubOctavian

SubOctavian Well-Known Member

If they all are to come in 2020, I would be okay with CB doing it based on their player count estimation. Even if it means I would have to wait more.

11. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Tohaa, NeoTerra, MRRF, Acon, QK.

Tohaa are a whole faction, as small a playerbase as they have. They really should at least have some get-by rules asap prior to any heavier update that may be actual minis.
    Neoterra is the literal core of PanO.
    MRRR and Acon actually have somewhat similar philosophies on paper so having them close ensures some, consistency.
    QK need a serious overhaul in what they actually are, and how they fit both Haqq and the game as a whole.

Stiopa, Golem2God and SpectralOwl like this.
  12. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

I think tohaa should be last because one time I rolled 5 hits with an hmg against a gorgos out of cover and he just symbiomated them all away.

13. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

So good of you to claim credit here for something that didn’t happen.
    Where’s your apology for massively overreacting to false rumours? Where’s your apology to CB and the rest of the community for your appallingly vile manners?

You’re just a pathetic loser, constantly scrabbling for attention.
    Do everyone a favour and go away.

15. Eclipse

Eclipse Spice Dealer

[​IMG]

@ev0k I just checked, there is also two T :P

Also @Dragonstriker , please don't beat a dead horse. I'm sure people will already remember everything the next time, if there is one. Patience only goes so far.

#335 Eclipse, Mar 12, 2020
    ev0k likes this.
  16. GreyLime

GreyLime Member

Vegetables are temporary, the glory of Neoterra is eternal!

17. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Acon and NCA doesn't actually have that many unique units, there's a large overlap with other sectorials and Aleph. Not saying it wouldn't have sucked for Pan-O players, but JSA represents more unique units than Acon and NCA combined and those two aren't even close to a quarter of Pan-O units.

Golem2God and Solar like this.
  18. Golem2God

I do understand that but in PanO's case it would be somewhat to what Yu Jing went through. Losing alot of stuff in a single stroke.

It is amazing that with the release of the Winter forces next month Yu Jing will have equal amount of active sectorials to PanO. Going from two choices (Vanilla, ISS) to four within a year's time is a nice change of pace for the faction that seems to have their wealth (units) redistributed to the other nations (Combined Army & such).
    But I have to wonder if their is any more possible sectorials that the Jade Empire could have after White Banner? What are your thoughts?

19. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

There's the Mars banner army.

Golem2God likes this.
  20. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Hilarious. The rumour was true to the letter - those factions are not in N4 on release. The implications of that fact were broad, thankfulky an explanation was provided. I have nothing to apologize for and I have actually received PMs thanking me for doing what I did and a lot of support in the threads themselves.

But way to be an insulting and vulgar muppet. Surely posts like this make the community feel inviting and non toxic.

@Eclipse
    Patience goes only so far? Is that supposed to be a threat? :D

Seriously though, I was supposed to be done here and yet there are still trolls insulting me over an over. It's sad what the tone is here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation