1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tohaa End Times

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Cothel, Oct 1, 2018.

?

Which army should Tohaa become a sectorial of?

1. ALEPH

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  2. Ariadna

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Combined Army

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  4. Haqqislam

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. Nomads

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. PanOceania

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. Yu Jing

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  8. NA2

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  9. New Alien Faction that will be introduced in 2019 after destroying most of the Tohaa.

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  1. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

Well said.

@Magonus (Dawson) was a leading light in the Infinity community, and his Lonely Artichoke blog is an outstanding legacy that no-one else has managed to match yet.

His writing about Tohaa was so good that you could read and enjoy it even if you didn't know the game, and find value in his insights for your own faction if you do. I've no doubt it'll remain useful and readable for a long while yet.

In a period when Corvus Belli have proved uninterested in clarifying their own ruleset, he was consistently intelligent in making the case for playing by the book. He was one of the very few forum contributors who made me pay close attention whenever he posted.

As a result of taking those thoughtful positions, he suffered continual abuse from players who're pretty much religiously committed to their alternative play styles, and yet always managed to be decent to his detractors in response.

He was an exemplary forum member and the best writer we had.

Scribbler, n21lv, Zsolt and 14 others like this.
  2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

That is a great honor to bestow upon someone. May Magonus' example inspire us to mimic his exemplary conduct for ages to come in this community and beyond.

Scribbler, ev0k and Abrilete like this.
  3. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

If I avoided people I didn't agree with politically I'd lose half my friends, half my D&D group and probably a few family members. There is a time and place for Politics and the game table is not one of them. I come here to avoid the doom and gloom in today's real world politics and enjoy the place doom and gloom should be. In the games that I love and the eventual downfall of the army I love.

Scribbler, borings, n21lv and 13 others like this.
  4. Golem2God

I'm still hopeful that this upcoming event will not destroy the Tohaa. Part of me wishes more info was coming out about this during November with that new book.

5. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

I highly doubt this will be the death of the Tohaa. There's still space and ideas for them, and while Tohaa players are understandably frustrated, I believe there's reason for hope.

6. Golem2God

I couldn't have said it better myself. This is exactly how I feel & hope for the future.

7. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

CB do have a bad way giving info on the future of Tohaa.

8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Lose few ?

I don't know if I had any left ;P

xagroth, Wolf, ev0k and 1 other person like this.
  9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I didn't have any time for him based on his objectionable views so I can't say I'll remotely miss him.

10. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

As a non-Tohaa player, I think they're easily one of the most interesting and flavoursome factions in the game. Their back story as a surviving pocket of resistance against the Evolved Intelligence and its Combined Army is great, offering all kinds of good fluff avenues to develop.

The symbiont theme is really good and interesting generally, and makes sense in their own backstory and compliments others. Plus, the idea of uplifting other species means Corvus Belli can devise more gratuitously fun-to-paint-and-throw-down sculptures like the Kerail Preceptors.

Their mix-and-match Fireteam facility has obvious appeal, and as Magonus says in his Tohaa Tactics thread, they're the most synergistic and complementary of Infinity factions.

All of which means they're a resource that's rich in playability, sculptures and back story, which is an absolute gold mine as far as a parent company is concerned, so I doubt Corvus Belli will abandon them any time soon.

#70 Wolf, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    andre61, Golem2God, Cothel and 4 others like this.
  11. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Comedy of the highest order, I salute you sir.

Solar and Nemo No Name like this.
  12. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Guys keep it civil please!

13. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

You all need to relax. There is zero hard evidence of the Tohaa going away wholesale.

They might be reshuffled with Shas or another alien group but they will not go away

Golem2God and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  14. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

/edit: oh shit almost forgot
    the following is proudly presented by COMIC SANS

Always interesting to see how each Faction subforum develops a certain character over time.

Aleph
    "I'm new and need help! I found troops in my army that aren't as good as Achilles and Posthumans! Suspecting a bug, what to do? Has someone already told CB?"
    A bit oblivious to the hardships in the life of an Infinity Player.

Yu Jing
    Several months ago: "PanO are the salty guys, we just demand what we deserve by right! Muh Raiden is gone, I demand compensation!"
    Just seen yesterday: "We're still angry and hate our new fluff, we're not the baddies dang it!"
    A few disgruntled fluffbunnies veterans have shone a bad light on the faction, but are slowly turning into background noise and will probably be drowned out by new happy lawful evil recruits when IA comes along at the proper time.

Haqq
    "We're fine, who needs to think about Sectorials if you have a dank Vanilla Faction with AVA4 Mutts? Ramah will spice things up, Inshallah brother."
    Chill guys all around. Fuck Mutts though.

PanO
    "Get off our lawn... erm saltmine. We're running full circle in the weekly internal balance discussion and are not to be diusturbed by outsiders. +1BS isn't free, go away."
    PanO has been going full circle since the beginning of time. DO NOT DISTURB.
    Also beware of Bolts.

CA
    "We're totally gonna get you without plot armour next campaign! Just wait for it!"
    With Shas players looking giddy towards the horizon, Onyx having won IP and Morats keeping up their usual upbeat mindset for absolutely no reason, all seems to be well in AI land.

Nomads
    "2 new Sectorials to claim! Buffs for MI! Myrmidions! Bikes! Puppets! Brains in a jar on a pogo stick! Svengali giveth!"
    Generally speaking most Nomad Players appear to be in a slightly absent minded state and start drooling at times. I'm a bit concerned they might be unable to cope with reality ever again, but hey they seem happy for now.

Ariadna
    "Yes I could hand you an empty courtesy list before TAK. But look, now I can do the same with twice the Camo Markes on the table!"
    Little did I know the Ariadnan was a filthy liar.... it was triple the amount of Camo Markers.
    Those smug little fu.... anyway they got a Chasseur sculpt and that's the last time I saw one. Suspecting the drastically increasing amount of bushes and cardboard boxes might have something to do with where they went. Keep your eyes open.

NA2
    "Freedom for my people! So you're telling me there is a Ryuken HRL? Weird, never saw that before. Looks like crap, probably not gonna bother.
    Why are the Nomads claiming our Sectorial? Eh let them have it, the more the merrier."
    Mercs doing Merc things & JSA. What a weird name for a band *shrug*.

...and then there is Tohaa

Tohaa
    "Everything works, this is boring. Let's do it the German way, look till you find something to bitch about. Couldn't find anything? Look harder!
    Most played Sectorial? Too much positivity!
    Least played Faction? Yeah that's much better!"
    I get why a dedicated Tohaa Player would get bored waiting for stuff. 3 Sectorials worth of playable Profiles would annoy the shit out of anyone. Feels too much like a Vanilla Faction for a Sectorial. Horrible.

Narrator's voice:
    Since then, they have proceeded to annoy the rest of the forum. How dare the other Factions ignore the artichoke problems to lament their own issues instead!
    Dead set on teaching the Humans about the only problem that mattered in the world - Tohaa Releases - the Artichokes went on to fulfill their noble goal.
    Despite only best intentions and a lot of effort the ungrateful humans wouldn't listen to reason. Instead the other Factions slowly decided to mock the lack of Taquel sculpts and Sakiel boxes, apparently annoyed by the constant yelling about them.
    Weird how what goes around, comes around. Who could have seen that coming.

[​IMG]

#74 Teslarod, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  15. Golem2God

Especially since CB has put a good amount into the faction. Plus there is supposed to be a Tohaa Infinity RPG book. Even though it will most likely be released last.

xagroth and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  16. Golem2God

@Teslarod That is how people sum-up/see each faction sub-section on the forum?

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  17. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

:joy::joy::joy:

Can't remember when I did laugh so much.

But you forgot about Ariadna the "we are THE good guys" and "get of my Dawn" :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

PS: Would have given you two likes if possible

ChoTimberwolf, xagroth, n21lv and 4 others like this.
  18. Golem2God

Nice to hear that you got a laugh out of it.

19. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

But... we ARE the good guys...

shut up

get off my Dawn

xagroth, Berjiz and Deltervees like this.
  20. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Don't know about those other people, but in a comic villian kinda way, this is what works for me.
    Judging by the fake internet points the post got so far, I seem to have found a few people who agree at least a tiny bit.

Thanks for the praise, appreciate it.
    Not gonna lie - this wasn't planned. I started listing things and everything went haywire.
    Wish I could do the voiceover I had in my head for each one (YJ one is the two old guys from the Muppets :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation