1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To HGL or not to HGL.

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Foxbringer, Feb 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Foxbringer

Foxbringer Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I can tell you about the same interesting situations too. Unfortunately, my attempt to discuss was failed and I would like to finish breeding the holivar about elite rosters in this thread. I propose to discuss this in a new specialized topic or in PM.

I also want to thank everyone for useful advices.

2. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

While I do agree that Massed Armour works let's not forget it has it's downsides.... massed Armour is for example very susceptible to things that usually result in overkill, Hacking and usually not very durable compared to it's cost when compared with a Warband.

A PanO massed Armour list has serious trouble against a suicidal Achilles list hitting stuff in CC with a MA4 CC24 EXP CCW at DAM 15 or a HRMC in +3 Rangebands.
    There are a goood many things and situations in the game where extra 3 ARM and a second Wound do nothing for you.
    Those extra Stats do have value and I'm pretty happy to run my MO lists with 5+ HI or even a HI Core Link + Seraph.
    However at some point you reach critical mass and more bodies are better than better bodies.

The Deathstar of Joan, DeFe + 3 Hospitalers for example is fun first and suboptimal second. You are able to kill those 5 HI in a single turn with as less than a puny Spitfire AD guy. They cost so much there is barely any redundancy or backup for them. Situations where a 5 point Warband outperforms a 40 point HI are easy to set up.
    IMHO the most value for well protected troops is in the Active Turn, when a couple lost FTF Rolls or a DTW here and there doesn't result in their loss.

Spending Orders on a capable troop on your terms is what you want from them and when they do well.

#42 Teslarod, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Foxbringer and T. Rex Pushups like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation