1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This seems interesting - Infinity Deathmatch: Tag Raid

Discussion in 'General' started by The_Evergrey_One, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I guarantee your physique is nothing close to that of the Alguaciles in Crimson Stone. Neither is mine.

I think you'd have a hard time coming up with a coherent definition for "male gaziness" other than sex negativity.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

While off topic, KDM is body horror, been grotesque is part of what it is.

Both male and female sculpts are "sexualised" and sculpted to some ideal form, even the fat Yuan Yuan is sculpted in this way and there is nothing wrong with this approach, neither is keeping artistic aesthetics over realism.

3. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

Defiance could got his high price tag because it was all about premium CB quality metal minis.

With this game being all about rubbery plastic from Chinese manufacturers, it goes directly competing other cardboardgames with that few minatures... which made it hard to be sold more than 60€ for a basic pledge (even 60 is hard to justify if shipping hits 20€, but there's stretch goals and the "exclusivity" deal at least to cope with that), with full expansions (let's say 4 prospectors expansion) expected to no more than 25-30€ each...

UpirLihi likes this.
  4. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

So thoughts
    1. I like the idea of being able use n4 tags in tag raid. Helps justify my tag collection and adds variety to the game. Plus I like the visual of my Jotumn smashing the worm with it's hammer lol.

2. Looks like an easy way to get people into code1 and n4. People where I'm at tend to love the tag models and they always start a conversation about what game they're from. Using the code 1 engine instead of something like the aristeia engine is a good move imo.

3. The models look good. The worm is easily the far and away winner of the set. Arianna's tag is also up there for me. As a primarily pano player I'm usually spoiled with great looking tags but think ours is the weakest of the set so far because of the big bulky head. Luckily that's not a deal breaker for me.

4. I thought they mentioned tag raid was going to be made in siocast which I'm excited for but it sounded like at the end they're making it in china using the aristeia plastic. Again not a deal breaker for me since I prefer the gameplay over the modeling and painting part of the hobby. I was looking forward to getting my hands on that new material though. Hopefully we will get this clarified.

5. They should make the miner bots with those expressions as generic palbots to use in infinity as a stretch goal.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You can do body horror very effectively without straying into hentai territory and KDM is infamous for doing the latter. One could even argue that KDM's body horror is blunted, perhaps intentionally, by the boobs on display.

Btw, there's a huge difference between aspirational and submissive sexualisation. There's other types, too, but largely those are the two types you see in games industry.

6. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

I think that people making assumptions on the material of the sculpts based off of prior releases should be expected. Especially without any clarification from the company until right now.
    The announcement that siocast would be used for their larger models also came before any announcement that TAG Raid would be PVC, so I do not think it is a wild assumption for people to think that siocast would be used for TAG Raid.
    I also believe this negative response to finding out that the material being used for the TAGs is PVC is not surprising in the least after the reaction to the announcement CB would be casting larger models in siocast plastic. The primary complaint was that the plastic would be too similar to PVC.

7. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

@Mahtamori I think people see only the superficiality of the visualization, but all monsters are human parts, indeed the creator ahs said there are only monsters in KDM so "survivors" are monsters too, there are many themes, not necessarily connected with naughty imagery in the conceptual amalgamation of parts to each monster, its behavior and hunting ground, but I think I veered too off topic, but yes KDM visually deals with idealized forms and the malformation of them.

@nehemiah I will not disagree, assumptions were made and the logic behind them was not illogical, but nothing was confirmed.

nehemiah likes this.
  8. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

We did not index the demo video in the topic:

Infinity TAG RAID - Core Box contents:
    [​IMG]

Teleute likes this.
  9. Padre

Padre Well-Known Member

I think it's more than fine that games have their own visual identity, even if it's KDM dickmonsters. I'll take Infinity's over-the-top sexy high-tech badassery over any checklist-driven conformist sludge designed by a committee. Artistic vision > forced universal appeal.

As for Tag Raid, I was disappointed that it's not in-house, but I'll live with it. Defiance wasn't for me, so I skipped it, but this one looks like something I'll enjoy.

10. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

11. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

12. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

I read on my forum that miniatures are metal and S2.

13. fari

Yes, prospectors are S2 metal miniatures produced in home

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  14. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Those ariadna designs make me wonder again - are all these Blackjacks/Ratniks/Prospectors cripples with no arms somehow connected to the suit? Cause anything else makes no sense - even if she had controls around her chest (which is very limiting) no way that suit would allow for such articulation to pose with hammer like that!

LaughinGod likes this.
  15. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

The YJ bot and the Ariadna Prospector are the first minis here that I'd really like to have.

dhellfox likes this.
  16. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I wish the Nomad Prospector had the hammer shown in the picture on the 3d model.

Lady Numiria likes this.
  17. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

These prospectors look great. I think I like the Nomad one the best due to the heavy cyberpunk influence of it.

18. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

It does look like the Sterling Forge prospector has 40K Terminator Shoulder Syndrome. I wonder if the main problem is that they needed to make the head visible, and didn't realize where that left the neck and shoulders...

19. fari

20. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

Another step in the right direction after the prospectors improved on the well... weird TAGs. The mini civillian su jian doggie is cute and the fact that it will be metal is also a bonus point in my book. Show us the rest of the REMs, CB!

Willen likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation