1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Third Offensive???

Discussion in 'News' started by Elessar, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Deus Vult is only a xenophobic motto in the USA, so not a xenophobic motto at all.

2. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

Actually, the real motto :
    Round round get around, I get around, yeah
    (Get around round round I get around, ooh-ooh) I get around

was a bit too long :stuck_out_tongue:

Section9, chromedog and Del S like this.
  3. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

It's not necessarily a "xenophobic motto"...but it IS a statement that originated from the Crusades and has been coopted by white supremacist groups not just within the US but elsewhere as well.

It's a common misrepresentation that it's some kind of "US is just constantly offended" garbage; we're currently having to deal with groups that usually try to hide their nonsense going exceedingly public.

4. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I find it hilarious when people judge Middle Ages morality from a XXI century viewpoint

Teslarod, Abrilete, Zsimbi and 2 others like this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

So maybe don't use Middle Ages morality in the 21st Century if you don't want it judged from a 21st Century viewpoint?

Pierzasty, Xeurian, Solar and 2 others like this.
  6. kanluwen

And I find it hilarious when people try to pretend as though there isn't actually an issue with terminology that has been coopted by white supremacist organizations.

7. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Who is using Middle Ages morality here? Afaik the only crusade MO has launched is against an invading army that is a real threat to ALL THE HUMAN CIVILIZATION, and yes, they happen to be alien. I find it totally in character and non offensive in the least for it to be the motto of the MO. Wonder how it is nobody has gotten their panties in a bunch over slavery, racial pogroms or war crimes that are actually part of the setting.

P.D: again, "terminology that has been coopted by white supremacists" is a USA problem that Google tells me has been a thing like maybe for 3-4 years, and again I see absolutely no reason not to use it in its original and real form.

#987 Benkei, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Teslarod, Abrilete, Zewrath and 2 others like this.
  8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

>> implying 21st century has any resemblance of morality

lol

Pen-dragon, Pierzasty and Section9 like this.
  9. kanluwen

And this tells me all I need to know about you. You're more interested in whining about people being "upset" over something you like than understanding why the situation might actually be upsetting to them.

And for the record? This same shit happened with the Tech-Bee "Coolies" and the Desperadoes dossier with what looked like Confederate flags on their bikes.
    Just because you don't know about it being an issue outside of the US does not mean that it isn't one.

10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

[​IMG]

Zewrath and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  11. kanluwen

So did you actually have anything to add or are you just spamming images?

12. MrMorphine482

MrMorphine482 Well-Known Member

*gives not insignificant side-eye towards the Slavic Pagans and Asatru practicioners trying to fight white supremacist rhetoric and BS inside their faith across Russia and the Nordic Countries since 2008 and earlier*

Additionally, should I really talk about Chechnya?

Saying this is a USA problem seems...shortsighted.

RecklessPrudence and Teslarod like this.
  13. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Except he used it in reference to literal aliens, that was the joke. Chill out a little from time to time.

Zsolt likes this.
  14. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Nah, just some random pics from the internet. Here you go, a movie for you ^^

Marduck and ev0k like this.
  15. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Not worth it to drag this any further

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  16. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Is it actually a motto for MO though in any official release? Serious question here i can't remember seeing it anywhere outside of community forum posts (or in the online campaign post from the community).

#996 CabalTrainee, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  17. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

CB has them back in stock, just picked up 2.

Kreslack likes this.
  18. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Deus Vult is something white supremacists say in many places, and while I can sympathise with "fuck them taking cultural phrases and appropriating them for their bullshit" you also gotta be careful that you don't, like, defend white supremacist catchphrases by accident or association.

Also I can sympathise with "why do we have to talk about white supremacists in an online discussion about a tiny metal dudes wargame" as a sentiment too, unfortunately the answer is because there are no spaces where white supremacy doesn't rear its ugly head and the world is, in general, lousy with such degenerate scum. So you gotta call that shit out wherever you see it, as tiresome as that may seem.

19. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

It’s the motto of the Knights of the Holy Sepulchre.

Stiopa and CabalTrainee like this.
  20. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

Sadly, I guess we cannot prevent one group or another to try to take control of a motto, an historical figure or even an historical event.

I didn’t know about the use of « Deus Vult » by supremacist bastards. Mine is entirely in-game. It’s the Holy Sepulchre Order’s motto from Infinity (historically too, that’s true), it’s the motto we PanO folks use during campaign like Wotan because of roleplaying. That’s all.

I just don’t know why we should let symbols fall in the hands of racists or extremists. I obviously don’t talk about symbols that ended up defining them like the swastika (this is a lost symbol).

But, for exemple, who knows that here in France the extreme right praises Jeanne d’Arc on the 1st of may and tries to take control of her image? She fought against the English (>> xenophobia), she’s our national saint (>>religion, conservatism). But she’s also a national heroin who fits perfectly to the Republic (>> Resistance). This duality exists, but I surely won’t let her to this bunch of conservatives and fascists.

However, we have these discussions because we lack some more news! :stuck_out_tongue:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation