1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Third Offensive???

Discussion in 'News' started by Elessar, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

In a competitive environment, a player will always try to field a 8 pts. Liberto. It's like the Krakot, or the Warcor. Competitive lists will try and field one simply because of how many options they bring for just a few points.

I'd trade any other unit worth 8 points for the Liberto, under any circumstances. I don't play silly formats like Limited Insertion, however, that might be where they don't see play.

xagroth, Zewrath, Mruczyslaw and 2 others like this.
  2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

You referring to Bootleg Penthesilea? Because that model is really nice and the best female biker in the current Infinity line in my opinion.

xagroth likes this.
  3. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

This is the biggest question for me right now, I'd like to know if I should get converting asap or not

4. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't want Space Marine Bikers, with truck-sized rides that go through walls. This is Infinity, some sexy hi-tech organic lines and curves on a speed demon, please.

xagroth, Abrilete, Pen-dragon and 7 others like this.
  5. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

How they are supposed to get into AC2 ?

Elessar likes this.
  6. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

*carefully*

xagroth, gamma ray, ev0k and 3 others like this.
  7. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Anyway after immediate hyperventilation I've come to the conclusion that the Libertos dude is good but not thaaaat good. Like, it's all cool and well having that dude but as an active turn attacker he's not that good and as a defensive piece he is irregular, which a big downside. He's like a Bandit, except less good in pretty much every way (esp CC), less reliable, has less force projection and plays less well with others.

Like people say "ooh auto-include, like the WarCor." Really? That's 11pts. 11pts is a whole another regular order for actually doing stuff with the good shit you've paid plenty of points for. That's almost two Morlocks, and I still need the dudes who shoot good and can grab objectives and heal guys etc etc etc as well as the Morlocks, do I really want these too? You have to be careful that you don't just take loads of cheap, efficient irregular order guys because the internet says they're auto-includes and end up with a force that feels remarkably toothless when it comes to ramming a boot up someone's arse.

8. Berjiz

Berjiz Well-Known Member

Zapper equipment and sapper skill, great design :ok_hand:

Hecaton likes this.
  9. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

I can make my lists fine on my own, thank you very much. Internet lists are usually less optimised than what I or my friends field.

First, what is 11 points? A Warcor and a Liberto? Why are we comparing the two together to a regular order generator? I'd still take both over 1 regular guy (2 AROs better than one, no loss if an irregular ARO bump dies etc.).

Also, not every army has access to a 11 point regular order. Just saying.

I thought the same thing when I heard it in the video... Eh.

xagroth, Zewrath and Yvain like this.
  10. MikeTheScrivener

Is there a chance we will see more montessa profiles "unlocked" when the book drops? just like how the ratnik and other cold front minis were when they came out and their sectorials were yet to appear?

11. Yvain

Yvain Well-Known Member

I am kind of against the Libertos for the same reason I am against warcors. They are just freely available to most factions, don't have a solid fluffy reason to be there (just a vague one), and are stupidly good for their point cost.

They are going to start appearing everywhere. And because they are just available to everyone they will damage internal balance in a lot of factions. It won't be the end of the world, but I am not a fan of those types of models.

xagroth, Zewrath and Hiereth like this.
  12. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Montesa will be unlocked tomorrow together with a mission set for Acon and 3rd offensive.

xagroth likes this.
  13. MikeTheScrivener

I know, I just want more than 3 profiles when Varuna drops.
    I'm equating it to how when the Ratnik initially became available on ARMY, it only had one profile and more came when the Kazak sectorial came out in full.

14. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Huh? Bostria was talking only about Zapper in the video, where does the Sapper come from?

15. MikeTheScrivener

I think he's just upset they sound similar?

16. Stiopa

Eh, I see no problem with that, but to each his own, apparently.

17. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

I'm convinced if warcors had come out recently the cries of "OP" would be deafening

18. Stiopa

I've noticed another thing, and I haven't seen it discussed yet. Bostria was talking a lot about final versions of recently introduced rules - Full Auto, Fatality for example - and how player feedback and discovered loopholes were taken into account. It seems that those rules had just undergone an extensive open beta, before getting updated in a book. Makes me wonder if we will see this approach more often.

xagroth, Errhile, RogueJello and 8 others like this.
  19. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Not to mention total reaction or impersonator.

ZlaKhon, Stiopa and Deltervees like this.
  20. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Regarding the Full Auto its probably the fact that (apprently) CB never intended it to stack -3 mod with Supressive Fire -3 mod.

Something which was heavily discussed and also critized (by some including myself).

And then on new forums @HellLois came and was surprised why people think Full Auto stacks with Supressive Fire ;P (as again, apparently it wasn't CB intetion to stack)

xagroth and Stiopa like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation