1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking Outside the Box

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by TheDiceAbide, Aug 2, 2018.

1. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Jaguar Haris works great with that tactic. They protect themselves with smoke (usually on good numbers ignoring visual mods) but you can't just let them do it and keep going because past them is an Intruder. So there's this stress of killing them one at a time without letting them smoke otherwise the terrain past them gets locked off.

I did it on Phalanx too but being able to keep the Intruder in marker in case they get LoS to him (can't just shoot Intruder while Jag smokes) and having Dogged and lower cost on the Jags does it a lot better imo.

edit: ppl thinking this is a good thread to reiterate the troops they hate might get my first block.

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Ehh...

Both the Swiss and Hac Tao have issues as AHDs in general. Limited repeater support and no infiltration being the two biggest problems. KHD is a much more viable option for the Hac Tao, but I'd still rather have the HMG. And the Hac Tao is a better hacker than the Swiss, so that goes double for the Swiss!

3. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Yeah, they make for poor AHDs in general. Good repeater coverage ( Or pitcher coverage ( Druze Hackers, for example. ) ) is rather needed to make AHDs work if they're not already starting a good ways up the table.

And yeah, the Swiss seems pretty much to be a definitive TO HMG/ML platform. Hac Tao though... I'd dare say that the KHD can be a useful profile, even if it's for self-defense against hackers, since Redrum and Skullbuster give you better odds at successfuly warding off the hack than Resetting would. Just dunno which program would be the better one to use in that scenario... I'm leaning towards Redrum on that. An attack that forces you to roll two saves seems decent for when you're limited to a Burst of 1. And even if it's ''just'' a MULTI-Rifle, it's still a BS14 TO MULTI-Rifle.

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

While I've had problems making the short ranged and extremely expensive Hac Tao work; Redrum is nearly always the KHD program to choose to the point where they could essentially remove all other hacking programs from KHDs and it wouldn't massively affect their efficiency.

5. Maksimas

I mean... Trinity is pretty great when going on the offensive against 1W backfield hackers. Also helped out by the high ( For a hacking program. ) Burst 3 value.

But yeah, Redrum seems like the goto self-defense and anti-HI Hacker hack.

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Trinity is surprisingly bad, basically only good when you need to Face to Face 3 hackers at the same time or when you are willing to take your chances against a NWI Hacker, but your chance to actually deal damage goes down notably. Skullbuster is more useful in general, but Redrum is almost never a bad choice and often the best choice (much like Martial Arts 3)

7. Maksimas

I can see that making sense, I suppose.

8. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

There is a small list of stuff where Trinity is good in Active Turn (1W NWI/Dogged Hackers - Naga, Dasyus, Posthumans, Asura/Charontid/Anathematic at 1W)
    The combined overall risk to put the target out of commission (dead/Unconscious) is lower than Redrum (which is still less risky for a single Order or for full W NWI HI).

As you mentioned going for a 3 way split Surprise Attack with a Disposable KHD can avtually be very effective in a pinch (but remains risky and more of a last resort).

Mahtamori likes this.
  9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Even MA2 is better when you have a DA CCW and they use a DTW, which I think is much more common than any using any other KHD programs.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation