1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theorycrafting IA 2.0

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Mahtamori, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

While that would be a bit of a golden unit to get, but a Danavas is not unimaginable, either. Basically, there's a risk that in-house support hackers and snipers will be short and have to be loaned from Aleph

2. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

That's not a bad call.

And you are right, it makes some sense.

3. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

I really dont want to get more aleph units, and I dont think its that likely either given how the invincible army is supposed to be the new glorious future of yu jing forces.

THast box is going to cost a lot of dollary doos with all that metal.

4. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I'm pretty dubious the invincible army would get aleph loan units. I thought they were more of a main army/frontline force having aleph units would mean aleph being involved in direct, possible public conflicts.

BenMoss, the huanglong and SKOZZOKONZ like this.
  5. SKOZZOKONZ

ANd the Danavas even more unlikely since they are one of those toys aleph should have and probs doesn't like people knowing about.

6. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

SAA is also frontline army. The thing is, most of direct combat in this universe is against CA and Aleph would likely support these armies which are fighting aliens. I hope for some aleph units because they won't count as 5 new profiles and can support IA withoutcempeting with other units in vanilla YJ. Dasyu and thorakitai would solve a lot of current problems.

7. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

I really don't want to have to rely on ALEPH troops as sweet as they are.

8. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

AVA Total Netrods, lets you run 'one giant expensive HI Invincible link' lists, 'every model has AD its just a pile of orders waiting around for the arrival of Shooting Stars & Tiger Soldiers' lists... ^_^.

9. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

Me neither but with only 5 units arriving and shang ji rework, it's unlikely to cover all the weakspots. I'm not complaining about number of profiles we will get, but they better be worth losing JSA. I just don't want "50 shades of zuyong" sectorial with no flexibility.

Kallas likes this.
  10. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Nobody have officially said the Invincible Army will get only 5 new profiles. That's a pure supposition players made based on words Bostria said/spoiled to a player in the last Interplanetario. He just said that at current time they were working in five concept arts for IA units.

11. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

I hope you are right. On the other hand, these concept arts can be new ones for existing troops. Imagine Bostria saying:
    - Ok. Now let's look at 5, new, lovely IA arts. zuyong with combi, zuyong using automedkit, yan huo with 2 missile launcher (neurocinetics version), yan huo holding a pistol and a tinbot. Now time for some awesome JSA stuff.

This would be great starter.

But seriously, it would be great to get more than 5 units. Even 5 is enough if they are well balanced and bring new mechanics to the table.

12. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Ah true id forgotten that SAA had aleph units too!

Still it doesn't feel right within what we know about IA. I think there could be a lot of versatility with mixed links though and IA could be the mainmain fac to bring it.

SKOZZOKONZ likes this.
  13. AdmiralJCJF

Yeah, if NCA and SAA both have ALEPH units then there's zero argument that IA won't have them.

14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Here's how I see it; IA will have Aleph units for each role CB feels they need to fill where they don't want vanilla Yu Jing to have a corresponding unit. See particularly Sophotect. Dasyu as someone proposed earlier is perfect example as well; CB might not want vanilla Yu Jing to have a competent TO skirmisher that does 90% the same job as Guilang, nor might they not want IA to have Ninjas, but they might still feel IA needs AVA 1 or 2 of a decent skirmisher.
    Edit: well, realistically Nagas, because Dasyu are upgraded Nagas and why send the elite on support.

#134 Mahtamori, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  15. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Netrods please.

Kallas likes this.
  16. AdmiralJCJF

lol

Good luck with that.

And I think Nagas are less likely specifically because another list already uses them.

17. the huanglong

I just don't see a place for anything else.

18. AdmiralJCJF

You think there'll be new camo infiltrators or MSV2 units for IA?

19. the huanglong

The Rui Shi will be there for sure for MSV2, as for Camo I am still hoping they unfuck themselves with the Daofei - literally IA's infiltrating Camo in the lore.

20. SKOZZOKONZ

Man I really hope we dont get aleph stuff, it already irritates me that I basically have to use a sophotect in ISS, but IA which is suppoosed to be the New Future of the yu jing armed forces doesnt seem right to have to rely on support from another entity.

Kallas and the huanglong like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation