1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Yu Jing Cultural Cookbook

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Golem2God, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Haqqislam has a thread that focus' on the Middle Eastern/Mediterranean cuisine/recipes and has a good number of people sharing. So I began to wonder why Yu Jing hasn't created one of their own? Asian cultures have alot of different meals to offer for a thread like this. Plus I myself find Asian food delicious with a slant towards Korean over other Asian cuisines.
    Even though I don't play Yu Jing (yet), I thought that I could help contribute to a thread like this. So I decided to start off with a few recipes to begin the discussion. Any links or typed out recipes or food ideals is welcome. Lets expound and showcase eastern, western, northern, southern, inland & island Asian food to the forum at large.

https://smittenkitchen.com/2019/01/crispy-rice-and-egg-bowl-with-ginger-scallion-vinaigrette/
    https://abraskitchen.com/wprm_print/12613
    https://carlsbadcravings.com/recipe/asian-burger-recipe/print/

2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Well, have one as a gesture of good will form the Haqqislam:
    (if you can bear with my translation of the recipe)

Taitai's Boullion

Ingredients:
    • chicken carcasses (for broth). Optionally, scraps of pork.
    • Garlic: whole bulb, cut across with peels still on.
    • Ginger: walnut-sized piece of fresh ginger, or 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger.
    • Soy sauce: 2-4 tablespoons
    • a hull of piri-piri pepper, or 1/4 teaspoon of chili flakes
    • salt as per cook's preference
    • Water: 1 - 1,5 liter
    Preparation:
    • put the chicken carcass in your pot with water.
    • Put it on big fire, with no cover.
    • Once it starts boiling, remove the scum from top, and reduce fire to minimum.
    • add the spices (soy sauce first, salt last)
    • boil under cover on small fire for about 2 hours.
    • Turn off the fire, leave the pot to cool down.
    Can be served with noodles, but in my home it is usually served as a hot drink. Very well-liked, especially in the flu season (hey, garlic & chili & ginger! Warms you up real well!).

I'm not sure about the name's origin, but one book I've read had "taitai" as "The First Wife" (back in the days when polygamy was still a common thing in China, at least among the wealthy people), i.e. the most important woman of the household.

Azuset and Golem2God like this.
  3. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Errhile Thank you for sharing a recipe on this thread. You seem to find/come up with interesting foods to post. And the history lesson is bonus to boot.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation