1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra Política de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

The Way of the Angry Monkey Fist - The New (post Third Offensive) Morat Tactica

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by DaRedOne, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Jam800

Jam800 Member

Hello Chaps,

After having played a few games with Onyx Contact Force, I decided to jump over and give Morats a go.

I'm currently a bit limited to what models I have available and am kinda looking for suggestions as to my next buys.

I've played a couple of games with the following list and it faired ok...

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9
    RODOK Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    RODOK HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 27)
    RODOK Lieutenant Combi Rifle, 2 Light Shotguns / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    RAKTORAK Combi Rifle + Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    RODOK Hacker (EI Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    MORAT Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    SOGARAT (Full Auto L2) Feuerbach / Assault Pistol, AP CCW. (1.5 | 67)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID (Journalist L1) Submachine Gun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]5
    DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
    OZNAT Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 18)
    GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    5 SWC | 300 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

I kinda feel having the Raktorak in the Rodok link limits the mobility of the Rodok and so I'm toying with the idea of putting a Rodok paramedic in to replace the Raktorak - would be interested to here other folks views...

2. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I think what you want is a Raktorak NCO in that link. It helps by using the LT order to reposition the fireteam at the end of your turn and make sure you keep all the more invaluable pieces out of danger. Remeber the Raktorak only idles if you declare Jump, and there's no need to jump everywhere. The Raktorak is also mov 4-4 instead of 4-2 and gets the same forward deployment option as the rodoks, so they won't really hinder your movement much.

I'm unsure about running Oznat+hungries out of a link, though. I would rather drop the oznat for a pair of Ikadrons if possible.

Edit: I messed around with your list and came up with something I would use:

Morat Aggression Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]1
    RODOK Lieutenant Combi Rifle, 2 Light Shotguns / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    RODOK Hacker (EI Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    RODOK HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 27)
    RODOK Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    RAKTORAK (NCO) Vulkan Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID (Journalist L1) Submachine Gun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    SOGARAT (Full Auto L2) Feuerbach / Assault Pistol, AP CCW. (1.5 | 67)
    KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    R-DRONE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2
    ZERAT Hacker (EI Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

There's no need for a vanguard hacker if you ain't buffing anything, so swapping him for a Zerat that can actually push buttons and (maybe) kill something is neat. I also dropped the oznat for a krakot and swapped the two pretas for a single R-drone. You get 1 less order in this list, but considering you're swapping 2 irregular for 1 regular, it may not be much of a loss.

#62 DaRedOne, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Jam800 and Golem2God like this.
  3. Jam800

Jam800 Member

Funnily enough I was having a play around myself, based on your feedback and was looking at something similar to the list you've come up with.:smile:

One thing I'm still getting my head around though, is how to set up the Groups (I ran a lot of limited insertion lists with OCF).

Based on your example list, I'd have likely put the Krakot in Group 2 and the Zerat in Group 1. Is there a particular reason as to why you've done it the other way around...?

Also I'm yet to see the value of the Krakot over the Daturazai, as the smoke grenades are so useful. Is it the meta chemistry that pushes the Krakot above and beyond the Daturazai in your opinion...?

4. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Well, as I mentioned in the main topic, I actually think Krakots are better than daturazi at pretty much everything:
    - Krakots are more easily controllable;
    - they deal more damage (dual chainrifles vs single chainrifle or berzerk DA CCW vs MA3-4 AP CCW);
    - they cost the same, but can gain an extra skill from their Metachemistry;
    - they have forward deployment;

Generally speaking, I prefer krakots unless I need the smoke for some reason. And there are good reasons for smoke, either to MSV stuff, or to more safely capture objectives in objective-heavy missions. Daturazi are probably the best unlinked smoke throwers in this game, or maybe tied with dog-warriors for that role.

As for the group disposition, I usually like my krakots to be able to spend orders on, so putting one in group 1 makes sense. And since the zerat killer hacker is a turn two/turn three piece, I leave her on group 2 until I need her (when I spend a command token to switch her around).

You could easily swap Doc Worm and the zerat's positions and I think the list would be better.

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Jam800

Jam800 Member

Thanks for the advice!!

I'll give the Krakot a go - I hadn't picked up on the fact that I could decline to use the impetuous order if I chose to, so that does make a huge difference!!!

I must admit in the two games I've played I've found the smoke to be incredibly useful (and having come from running lists with no access to smoke, it's been quite novel), so have very quickly fallen in love with the Daturazi

Golem2God and DaRedOne like this.