1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Victorious Hassassins: A Tactica

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by QueensGambit, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

With the March 24th update, Yasbir gained +1 burst on his light Shotgun for free. Any thoughts? Burst 3 Damage 14 Blast Templates sound fun.

2. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

I actually think the fireteam update has largely invalidated my tactica, since so much of it was about the HB utility Core which effectively no longer exists.

I'm not the right person to do an updated tactica. I've been playing Vanilla for the past year, and plan to stick with it, especially after the update which I didn't find inspirational for HB. But, there are other HB players who are really excited about the new fireteams, so I trust that in time someone will be in a position to write a new tactica, or at least substantially redo this one.

I think it will involve a full rethinking of what HB players will use fireteams for, and without that I don't have an answer to the specific question around Yasbir. If he'd had +1B under the previous rules, I wouldn't have been too interested since my Core didn't want to advance to template range anyway. But with the new fireteams, who knows! If someone's making a CQB assault haris, Yasbir might be a good pick?

Errhile and Urobros like this.
  3. CmdrSandmann

CmdrSandmann Well-Known Member

Yasbir is still 27 points minimum and has only one wound. Not the type of unit I'd go on a suicide run to deliver some templates.
    It's nice to have the option, but I don't think I'll be taking him anytime soon sadly.

vorthain, Errhile and Urobros like this.
  4. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

While I have played Hassasin a lot since N4 arrival's I feel the same way @QueenGambit does, because the changes to the fireteam have had high impact on how the hassasin list can be made right now. I had a lot of saved lists in my "army" for hassasin which are right now "almost unplayable" (better to say not really competitive ones), I don't talk about the ones with asawiras+ghulams, but a bunch of other kind... What amazes me more about the early N4 changes for hassasin wasn't the "full five members fireteam of ghulams salty with Asawira Spitfire AP", but the flexibility we had to make viable fireteams, pretty much you didn't have to be confident of fidays doing her job anymore. Playing hassasin was really fun because you didn't neet to put fiday or asawiras in order to have a full working list... Humble ghulams with avicena+barids+muyib could do a lot of work without any need of heavy support... but this can't be anymore.

I hope Hassasin players find the way to make it work again. Eventually I will play hassasin before the new box come, but it will be not enough to find a way the fireteams changes work properly. I'm a little scare to find a way to play again with hassasin to have to change it in short time again. So, I prefer to wait and in meantime play with others things, vainilla appeals to me a lot right now, ramah too, even I'm tainted of coming back to Pano for a While.

Errhile likes this.
  5. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Hmm, not really.
    But Burst 3 (or even Burst 4, with Fireteam bonus) BS Attack at +6 to hit (close-range, of course) is nothing to scoff at, IMO. Can pull it to +9 (Fireteam bonus, if there are 4 Ghulam or Muyibs behind Yasbir).

Situational, of course. And not really an advantage that'd persuade me to field Yasbir anytime soon. But undeniably it is there.

Urobros likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation