1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The use of remotes in HS armies

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by prophet of doom, Mar 31, 2018.

1. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Ever been inside one of those? Ever loaded one of those? Not much room for machinery haha. Seriously people. Small to mid sized boxes, heavy metals, even a deconstructed TAG could probably fit... but anything over 6’ tall has a real hard time. Anything over 3’ wide has a harder time. Sitting, standing, laying down - you name it, it isn’t reasonable. One of the trucks could do it no problem, but the vans just don’t have the space. I worked for UPS for years and have seen several strange items try to fit in those vehicles, I do have actual first hand knowledge regarding the topic.

Still, the amount of time all of you have taken out of your lives to debate this is hilarious. Well done.

In an effort to not hurt anyone’s feelings more then I have, I’ll exit this conversation.

Thank you all for the entertainment!

2. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

The other manufacturer lists payload space as 1150 cubic feet for the MT45 (1500 for MT55). That is over 32 m3, which could be 2*2*8 m, fine to carry a TAG on it's back or side and unload by tilting the truck back, or sliding and dropping a plataform (remember, it would look like the official thing, but it's a disguised one, so no internal shelves or anything, just correctly looking bodyshell in the outside). *shrugh*
    Or all the step vans look the same or you don't realize what are "those" (picture and links).

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Since someone else beat me to looking it up...

Payload mass and inside capacity are fine. Since you've worked for the 'Cargo Nazis' (sarcastic name due to brown uniforms), you know what the inside of the trucks look like. Lots of shelving in the way of a really big box, right? So take the shelving out! It's not structural, is it?

Now, the back door might be a bit tight, but a light TAG can fit through a double door (technically only 5 feet wide) and a standard-size TAG can fit through a normal garage door (~8 feet wide) at room-clearing speeds. The TAG might have to shuffle sideways through the door (like the Heavyweight rule), or you might have to A-Team convert the truck to only look like a FedUp stepvan from the outside, have the whole back end turn into a ramp.

The point was that a relatively small, so-common-you-see-3-of-them-every-day truck could be hauling a TAG and/or an Infinity strike team around. The suggestion of Antenociti's Fast Panda Food Truck is even better. You don't need a monster like a HEMTT, you don't even need an 18-wheeler semi. All you need is a truck the size of a medium RV or large package carrier, and at least in the US those are so common as to be beneath people's awareness.

4. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

This is a very interresting topic, but i just want to add something. If it is for military transportation (that is, not spec ops), you don't even need to use some closed van, since the TAG has more armor than any truck, even military grade, would have. Just a reinforced platform with racks to fit TAGs in, being either on a truck or a flying vehicle.
    It would even make loading/unloading faster. Truck stop, rack is unlocked, TAG activate and get out of the rack, then proceed in doing it's job. When it's finished, on the condition the TAG is still running, it just has to get into the rack, desactivate, lock it, and then the truck can bring it in another operation location.

Of course, any army would have recovery system for damaged TAGs, but given their light weight, a simple lifter on a truck or a chopper can do it. TAGs would be fast and easy to deploy with good armor and weapons, allowing a quick response to the opponent's moves. I guess heavy tanks and artillery may also be used, but only where it is really needed.

Section9 likes this.
  5. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

Why use a crane and truck when you could you have two TAGs with a stretcher to carry a damaged TAG back behind the lines for repair? ^_^

More seriously, would an engineer TAG be viable to do battlefield fixes of other TAGs? Larger tools for heavy work, maybe a big shield to place down for cover so an engineer pilot could dismount and do finer work by hand. TAG chassis means it can move along with the TAG units themselves during operations.

6. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

The stretcher while hilarious is a practical solution I can see it happening in the battlefield, but it is highly dependant on lifting and carrying capacity TAGs actually have, can two 4 ton TAGs carry 4 tons?

A recovery TAG with a huge ballistic tower-shield to cover engineers while they to extensive battlefield repairs sounds cool though.

AdmiralJCJF and Abrilete like this.
  7. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

I doubt that your standard battle TAG is equiped, or even fitted, for heavy lifting. But a rescue and repair TAG seems totally right - and cool :)

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  8. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

You can Casevac if PH is equal or higher. So a Gecko can carry another Gecko. Stretcher? Imagine one TAG over the shoulders of another of same kind or slightly bigger. Or "drunk" and being dragged like a cape or huge backpack, leaving the foot marks like if you were ploughing. *giggle*

9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I was thinking a bit out of game rules, I am not sure it is economic or practical to make a TAG body behave like a human one, then again why not, it could have the same tolerances or more a human body has in lifting ectr, it may have less.

I am not converting a recovery Gecko I am not.

10. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I assume that 'normal' deployment for TAGs is broadly like the setup in the anime Gasaraki, where there are two TAGs sitting with their knees up on a short trailer, and two trailers per hauler. (sorry for lack of link, computer doesn't like youtube anymore)

itsuncertainwho likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation