1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Thorakitai box

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Stiopa, Nov 27, 2017.

1. perseus

perseus Angry Clown

Dear Phalanx players. buy 2 box and find smgs/chain rifles

2. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

Now I can see better pics I've to say they're better than the old ones, from an aesthetic point of view, I played only few times swc Thora, but this time I believe that me and many other players, will change something xD.

3. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

They look fantastic, in my opinion. I really like ‘em.

4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The SMG also carries a chain rifle, so you have two 12 points with this box and the starter (of which 90% of SP players have, since they were the only source of Thorakitai). Then you have the Combi (starter, and the Chandra specops) and, I think it's the precision rifle?, so you have the engineer and a filler (for those loose points you cannot place elsewhere). Finally, you have the three heavy wepons: LRL (starter, and now you can use it to proxy Thrasymedes), Feuerbach (for ARO duty... 2 EXP rounds are fearsome) and HMG.

Now, it would be time for CB to remove Alke's profile and turn her into a non-character "Thorakitai officer", with Combi and Spitfire profiles, both Lt and non Lt option, without chain of command.

5. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Why delete her and turn her into an officier instead of creating a new profile/mini ?

6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Essentially, because that way we can use Alke's miniature as "thorakitai subofficer". And because almost no one uses her, once they have access to Thrasymedes or Héctor, so it's a way of avoiding the clutter of the Army.

7. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Hands off my waifu!
    [​IMG]

I'm very thankful for Phalanx to get some more work! I love the Thorakitai a lot.

8. stargorger

stargorger Well-Known Member

Agreed, I love Alke *&@$ off with that waifu-shaming ;)

New Thorakitai actually are what have finally convinced me to start Steel Phallus. Not a fan of the Myrmidons or the older Thorakitai sculpts, but I think I'm getting tempted to the boyz' side with Vedic taking so damn long to release.

9. pedrogzc

pedrogzc Well-Known Member

I'm regular phalanx player and firmly defender of Thorakitai... Love the new sculpts. Surely I will retire old combi rifle and lrl. Hope Thrasymedes will not be shorter than new ones.

The problem with Alke is 1,5 SWC. Leave her with just 1 SWC for a spitfire and could be seen more. But having Thrasymedes for 30+0,5 or HMG/Feuer for 22+1,5 is very difficult to make room for her.

10. stargorger

stargorger Well-Known Member

I dont mind the SWC cost myself, seeing as when I play Vanilla my SWC is usually already eaten up by Atalanta, Proxy mk3, and Penny or Teucer lol.

11. Savant

Savant Lhosthost
    Warcor

Adore the new sculpts. I think Alke and Thrasmedes are both great characters, maybe a generic Thora officer in the future like the myrms have.

xagroth and Stiopa like this.
  12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Been asking for that "Thorakitai subofficer" for ages... even if she wouldn't get Chain of Command nor NWI (so she's around 20 ish points).

Abrilete likes this.
  13. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

Yeah, Thorakites really need at least another option of making a link so you can actually make a thorakites core list.

14. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Or you go to the old Paradiso Campaign and see how you have 3 strikes before not being able to field Thorakitai fireteams: Thrasímedes, Alke, and Hector...

15. Pictures

Pictures Active Member

already in itself, trasimedes is skinny and short ... I think thora women will look like ayax sisters in front of him.

:smile::smile:

pedrogzc likes this.
  16. pedrogzc

pedrogzc Well-Known Member

Yeah such stance makes him look smaller. and Nesae is the opposite, long shanks :)

Enviado desde mi SM-J330FN mediante Tapatalk

17. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Naaaah, he has wide leg trousers and a broad chest, but he tries to look smaller so his lovely Lupe can reach to kiss him "by surprise" :p (or his "not so loved" Achilles can't see the rocket coming for his ass XDDDD)

jherazob likes this.
  18. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

Well, Hector is too expensive, point. Yes, he is great, but when he is in a list then the list is centered into him necessarily. And he is much more flexible than only being in a Thorakites link.
    Alke is *very* expensive SWC wise, and you can get nearly the same in standard Thorakites with the HMG, without risking breaking the link and not being able to reform when you get critted.

The only really good option for links Thoras is thrasimedes, tbh.

19. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

No no, you have misunderstood me here. In the old Paradiso book, the Campaign mode was introduced, and one of its particularities was casualties, a system applied to all characters (including specops) and custom specops. After the end of the battle you would make two rolls (with target numbers depending of faction), the first would depend on the presence of an active Baggage or medic troop, called Medevac and representing that troop being carried unconscious but alive out of the battlefield (applied to any null state at the end of the game, even NWI dead troops), to which Ariadna and Morat were the best at, and if you failed there was a second roll, called Cubevac, for troops with a cube; in this second roll Aleph's troops would always succeed (roll 20 or less in 1d20...)... but if you faced the Combined Army on any shape (shasvastii, morat, generic...) then you would automatically fail, no roll allowed.

So let's say I play Steel Phalanx and I face 3 CA players one after another using this campaign system. First game, Thrasímedes dies and fails Medevac... he's trully dead; second game Alke... and she dies, also failing the Medevac roll. Welcome to strike 3: Hector or no Thorakite fireteam... and if Hector dies against CA (and fails Medevac) that's it, you still can make Myrmidon Fireteams thanks the Mym officer, but no linked Thorakitai for you.

20. Elessar

Elessar 80stalgic console cowboy

Nesaie Alkê is a wonderful Thorakitai enomotarhos, I never dig in for Hector (game and model wise) and I definitely prefer Thrasymedes as an infiltrator and to do ITS jobs up close and personal, midfield SF stopper and the like. So to me Nesaie is quite a natural leader for a Thorakitai link, plus sporting an 360* visor is just good enough if you can't go full team and get the juicy SS L2.

Stiopa likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation