1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The StarCo. Field Manual

Discussion in 'StarCo' started by Tourniquet, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Yeah, this was written before the kamu became the problem child of the meta, But my general go to is to apply hardcase and/or bandit to it's friends before taking it down. Or coord order a HMG from behind the WN and have the lunk run a koala out in the open, been meaning to try with spare fireteam members though.

Here it is;
    https://aenemyspotted.wordpress.com...i-2aymikfO-NnmVk8oiFwT5iNos9ThQa-2afl7cq81pb8

It very quickly became my go to list especially when I don't have time to tailor something specific.

inane.imp and Savnock like this.
  2. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

Thank you for this guide! Having analyzed it and StarCo's army builder: is it just me or do Brawlers feel like a fifth wheel of a unit in this faction? Both background- and gameplay-wise, I feel like Kaplans would fill Brawlers' niche much better. The way they are right now, Brawlers are both too expensive to be your order monkeys and too unspecialized to be considered an elite LI option.

3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Brawlers are ghetto Wildcats and Intruders. Fluffwise Wildcats and Intruders would fit better... but at that point you're playing CJC with White Noise, Grrls and Emily.

Mechanically they basically just exist for a 0 SWC Lt and the Brawler MSV2 MSR Haris. Which is fine.

Tourniquet likes this.
  4. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

They aren't meant to be order monkeys that's the job of the aggies and Jags, they are meant to be the tool box unit you reach into to solve a couple of problems on the table. StarCo. (and by extension Nomads) tend to rely on generalist toolbox units (Brawlers, Bandit, wildcats, etc) to be more flexible and have the capability to easily adapt to evolving game conditions.

The obsession that people have with everything needing to be hyper focused and specialized is a mindset that I personally believe has an incredibly limiting and degenerative effect when comes to unit evaluation and unit application in game.

To add to Inane's list, the dirt cheap AHD is also great as it works as a good annoyance piece for enemy hackables and as KHD bait to get those hidden/camo KHDs to show their face so you can put them down. You also get access to a long range, accurate template weapon that isn't awful in the HRL.

Tristan228 and yoink101 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation