1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Shock Army of Acontecimento: A Tactica

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by barakiel, Apr 16, 2018.

1. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

shes a midfield dominator, and makes the 3 camo ASA lists doable.

3 naga, 6 baghs and akals are going to be very interesting on the table.

Stiopa likes this.
  2. Death

Death Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Shock Army of Acontecimento
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] DART Submachine Gun, Viral Tactical Bow, E/M Grenade / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 34)
    [​IMG] NAGA (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
    [​IMG] NAGA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    [​IMG] GUARDA DE ASSALTO Spitfire + Heavy Flamethrower, D-Charges + AUXBOT_2 / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 51)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] AUXBOT_2 Light Shotgun + Eclipse Light Grenade Launcher / Electric Pulse. (- | 6)
    [​IMG] REGULAR (Sapper) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] REGULAR (Minelayer, Sensor) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)
    [​IMG] REGULAR Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] REGULAR Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] BULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 23)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    [​IMG] PATHFINDER DRONBOT Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] MULEBOT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

There, a workable list with Dart. Think of Dart like a Prowler, but actually worth the points. :P

#82 Death, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    barakiel, Teslarod, Stiopa and 2 others like this.
  3. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Got a chance to put Dart on the table last night vs Onyx. She sat tight for a turn, then came to life and had a chance to immobilize a Xeodron and do some SMG work. Her durability was, unsurprisingly, quite a big deal... Camo, good PH, etc. gave her a good chance in F2F even when an enemy commits to Discovering and hunting her down. Not knowing if she has E/M or mines is also a curveball that the enemy has to address, since it changes her capability tremendously. Nice use of 34 points.

#83 barakiel, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Urobros, Deltervees, Thandar and 4 others like this.
  4. Rey

Rey Crabbots lead the way

I've tried out a list with Dart and Sikh spitfire as main attack pieces and a solo Bagh Mari HMG as a secondary one and I must say it played out pretty well. The opponent was forced to waste his entire turn to deal with things: linked Sapper on overwatch, nagas and peacemaker in midfield, Dart and Sikh on both flanks. Eventually he killed the Sikh and the peacemaker, but Dart continued down the flank and into DZ and scored 5 kills, including the LT. After such performance I sereiously consider taking her instead of a Montesa as a main attacker in most of the lists.

[​IMG] Dart

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] DART Submachine Gun, Viral Tactical Bow, E/M Grenade / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 34)
    [​IMG] NAGA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    [​IMG] NAGA (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] REGULAR Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] REGULAR (Sapper) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] REGULAR (Minelayer, Sensor) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)
    [​IMG] REGULAR Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 16)
    [​IMG] PEACEMAKER Heavy Shotgun + AUXBOT_3 / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] AUXBOT_3 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] TRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] PALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    [​IMG] MACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] PALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] BAGH-MARI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 26)
    [​IMG] AKAL COMMANDO Spitfire / Pistol, E/M CCW. (1.5 | 28)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Death, AdmiralJCJF and barakiel like this.
  5. Hsien

Hsien Well-Known Member
    Warcor

With new ITS, will Bagh Mari see table? Now with FD lvl 1 and with nagas/peacemaker/Montesa/Dart we can start our army in the midfield. Someone tries them in new season?

6. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

People in your meta are not playing Bag-Mari ?o0

7. Hsien

Hsien Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I have only two acon players in my meta, me and my mate. I try bagh-Mari, but I prefer aggressive regular-link over it. And now I'm looking to Bagh-mari

Urobros likes this.
  8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

People prefer assault Regulars over assault Bagh-Mari ?

Wow, I'm really suprised.

(we have single ACON player here, and I've already enough "how to kill sapper sniper?" games ;P)

9. Hsien

Hsien Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Don't use sapper snipers often. There is one of my main list for acon. Now I try to do the same with bagh-mari

Attached Files:

10. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

You know army has an export to forums feature, so you don't have to attach uncompressed pictures?

meikyoushisui and eciu like this.
  11. Rey

My Baghs see table all the time, in LI rosters full core + Tik + Nagas are devastating. FD1 is a cool addition to an already strong unit (arguably the best MI core in the entire game), their tactical flexibility is greatly increased, even combis can now contribute to tearing through midfield camo spam within combi's +3. I think it's cool, no need to risk losing heavy weapons to bad rolls against camoed skirmishers in the middle.

Recently I've started actively using spam lists with 16 orders, and a Bagh Mari haris that has +4 inches of deployment options looks nice. Will check it out tomorrow and share the results here.

12. barakiel

I mentioned this in the big writeup, but I really like lone Bagh Mari HMG gunners, and I think they benefit the most from the changes this season. Being able to shove them up the table a bit, to put them on a rooftop or catwalk for very aggressive fire + maneuver, is really nice. I think it helps the Haris too, since it means the other Haris members will get to participate in combat, and not just be a 40+ point upgrade to give +1 Burst to an HMG.

For full links, it's nice because it lets you put the Minelayer Sniper's Mine up the field a bit, which is a little more effective for stopping incoming threats before they get close enough to threaten your backfield.

Bagh Mari are definitely one of the winners from the changes this season though. They were already one of the most commonly used Medium Infantry in the game, and now they just got better.

#92 barakiel, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  13. Rey

Okay, so I played Supremacy against vanilla Nomads (heavy on mid-field area denial) today, and those extra 4 inches for a Bagh Mari haris (HMG, combi, BSG) turned out super-useful. Just enough to depoly in a small building, scoring a quadrant right away. Later on they walked out, wrecked faces of a Bandit, Zero minelayer and Moran in SF, proceeded to score enemy's quadrant and detonated a Very Important Container, effectively allowing me to win the game 6-2 instead of 4-2.

FD1 allowed me to save 1 or 2 orders on my Turn 1 and since I had the second turn, they blocked the enemy's advance nicely from a convenient forward position.

To be honest, I never doubted this would be cool, Bagh Maris never disappoint me :slightly_smiling_face:

McNamara, Stiopa and barakiel like this.
  14. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

So, I've recently found myself a love for midfield solo LGLs, such as Wu Mings with LGLs, so... the Montesa now seems like a very compelling unit option for Acon, simply due to it being a BS14 LGL deploying up to halfway across the table. AND it can duo with a Spitfire, so... sounds like a neat idea, no? Having a Montesa do some Spec Firing on 11s from the start of the game?

barakiel likes this.
  15. barakiel

The Montessa is certainly a good tool for that purpose. The risk I find is getting too fixated on using the LGL, and dumping Orders into it, when maneuvering to attack with the Combi or Chain Colt would yield more probable, more Order-efficient results. When you get that chance to lay 3-members of a Link team under the template, or that Interventor LT up on a roof who hasn't Impersonated yet, or a couple of REMs and their Engineer all hiding together, the LGL is amazing. It's just really important not to get trigger happy with it, or roll several misses and then get sucked into using a whole pool of 8 or 10 trying to finish the job. I've been using Spec Shot more frequently, both in PanO and in other factions I play, but the risk on any 1-dice interaction (especially when your opponent still gets a Dodge an a Save) is tremendous.

AdmiralJCJF and delphos like this.
  16. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Yeah, it would indeed need to be able to clip several targets to potentially be worth it.
    That being said, it is quickly becoming my favorite method for TR HMG ( The things are basically everywhere in the local meta. If a faction can take one, then you can safely assume 9 out of 10 lists here will have at least one. ) removal alongside Snipers, since those not only dodge at -3 for being hit with a template out of LOF, but also an extra -3 for being REMs. Clipping the hacker meant to buff it and/or the Engineer/G:Servant nearby it would be a decent scenario.
    Plus the Montesa is one of the more versatile HI options out there ( Among things like Al Fasids or Cranes when it comes to a wide range of applications. ), so not like it can't try shooting things, or maybe even stabbing some CC incompetent Skirmishers ( Lack of Stealth probably stings though. ).

AdmiralJCJF and barakiel like this.
  17. barakiel

I just want to mention that I'll keep this tactica going, and will also update/expand based on any changes that develop for Shock Army of Acontecimento. As I think most Shock Army players know, any upcoming changes don't alter our ability to put our current miniatures on the table and have fun with them. Rumor indicates we may even get some nice perks out of the deal. Stay tuned.

Zsimbi, eciu, volgo and 5 others like this.
  18. Hsien

Hsien Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yesterday, i tried my bagh-mari again vs ISS.
    Shock ammo is a pain. When your opponent crited you with shock - double pain. But in general FD1 is pretty good.It allows me to cover my peacemaker with minelayer. Now i finally bring scylla on the board, but have to get more exp. Now i'm looking toward my akalis (my first mini was N2 akalis blister).

Shock Army of Acontecimento

GROUP 1 9
    LT. STEPHEN RAO Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    BAGH-MARI (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    BAGH-MARI (Number 2) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    BAGH-MARI Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    BAGH-MARI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 26)
    REGULAR (Minelayer, Sensor) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)
    MULEBOT (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

GROUP 28
    MACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    TRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    REGULAR Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    REGULAR (Minelayer, Sensor) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)
    SCYLLA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Maestro) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser + 2 Devabots Charybdis / Pistol, E/M CC Weapon. (0.5 | 34)
    DEVABOT CHARYBDIS Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (7)
    BULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 23)
    PEACEMAKER Heavy Shotgun + AUXBOT_3 / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    AUXBOT_3 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

19. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

That's a nice horde ;)

Just remember that Minelayer doesn't allow you to deploy the mine further than you can deploy the model itself, so in this case no further than 4" out of the usual Deployment Zone. It might not be far enough to cover MechDep units like Peacemaker, but that depends on your deployment in that particular case.

Naga Minelayer, on the other hand... :smiling_imp:

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  20. Hsien

Hsien Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Try my new list with assaul regulars. Much better than bagh-mari. Always have bad dice rolls with them.

What do you think about this list?

Shock Army of Acontecimento

GROUP 1 9
    SCYLLA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Maestro) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser + 2 Devabots Charybdis / Pistol, E/M CC Weapon. (0.5 | 34)
    DEVABOT CHARYBDIS Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (7)
    PEACEMAKER Heavy Shotgun + AUXBOT_3 / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    AUXBOT_3 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    REGULAR Hacker (Hacking Device, FastPanda) Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 23)
    REGULAR Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 16)
    REGULAR Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    REGULAR Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

GROUP 28 / 1
    WARCOR (Sixth Sense L1) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    MACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    PALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    TRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    BULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 23)
    KNIGHT OF MONTESA Spitfire, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 50)
    MULEBOT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    MULEBOT (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation