1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The power level of Vanilla YJ post Uprising

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Zewrath, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Was actually not expecting that.
    Mostly because, at least it seems to me, the Pheasant is basically a Crane Lite when it comes to CC. Since the only CC related differences are 10 PH VS 13 PH and MA2 VS MA3 ( And I suppose we can count the lower wound amount too. ).

Still, fair enough.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

@AdmiralJCJF you seem tto not understand core parts of my argument. As in, there doesn't seem to be disagreement as much as you arguing against tiny snippets that have been isolated so.much that it's irrelevant to argue over them.

Which parts of my argument is it you don't understand how they relate to each other? Just keep in mind, I can't make a complete analysis of a unit, that is literally impossible - too many external factors.

3. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

[​IMG] PanOceania
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] LOCUST Breaker Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Shock CCW, Knife. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] BLACK FRIAR (Albedo, Biometric Visor L1) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser, Drop Bears / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] BROTHER KONSTANTINOS Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Assault Pistol, CCW. (0 | 29)

0 SWC | 89 Points

Open in Infinity Army

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  4. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Zhansi?

AdmiralJCJF and Zewrath like this.
  5. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

MA2, the crap level of MA. It qualifies for pointless bloat on a model that normally just sits at the back of the table and has no reliable method for delivering it into CC.

Kallas, AdmiralJCJF and Dragonstriker like this.
  6. Maksimas

Eh, fair enough I suppose.

7. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I don't misunderstand.

I disagree.

You are arguing that the CC investment on the Crane is not worthwhile.

I have pointed out how that claim is false.

You should now provide some further evidence or argument to support your claim, or admit that you were wrong.

8. Mahtamori

You haven't proven anything. You've proven that the Crane has good CC, I haven't made claims otherwise. I don't think it is possible to prove what you claim to prove, just like I doubt it's possible to prove the opposite.

My opinion of the Crane is increasingly poor the more I play with them. Their performance never match their price expectations, but this has less to do with the CC and more to do with list limitations, possibilities and vulnerabilities. It's simply far too expensive and in ISS very reliant on the Celestial Guard - who don't want to get close the way Cranes do.

9. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Fair enough.

I see the CC capability of the Crane as a useful hedge for the CG + Crane fireteam.

But I can appreciate the frustration of trying to make higher cost HI shine.

10. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

I guess the salt must flow somewhere on the forums...

Thought I accidentally ended up in the PanO sub-forum again coming into this thread.

Alphz and Deltervees like this.
  11. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I find them to be quite capable in Vanilla but he usually competes with either multiple Tigers, a Hsien or a Hac Tao. He’s actually a quite decent datatracker on control missions, looting and sabotage or killing the designated target.

What kind of crane are you using in ISS? His X-Visor means he can engage at HMG rangebands with B5 and he’s one of the only pieces I’ve seen, where you stand to benefit from going beyond 32” against a TR REM which only brings you down to a total BS of 10, while the TR suddenly drops to BS 5. So he’s not really that close range as you make him out to be.

Well to be fair YJ players do have legit grievances due to Uprising. At least we don’t produce this amount of salt every time anyone mentions Bolts or Bipandra. :joy:

P-Chan, Kallas, Dragonstriker and 2 others like this.
  12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Weren't you the one who said he'd be equally pissed if the Church (and ergo Military Orders) seceded from PanO?

What else do you expect from losing 15 of 59 profiles? More to the point, we lost a whole bunch of mid-cost profiles.

yup.

P-Chan, Kallas, Dragonstriker and 2 others like this.
  13. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

Nope, you're mistaking me for someone else. Removing MO would be a boon for PanO. Remove some of the bloat that vanilla PanO has.

Let me see how many of those mid-cost units I used in vanilla... Raiden and the Japanese doc/engineer. Raiden was just a cheap speed bump and the doc/engineer cause it was a point cheaper then the Zhanshi equivalent.

Removal of JSA units hardly effected how I play or make lists. Any other JSA units I would put in lists was for shits and giggles.

The only unit I miss is the Oniwaban for its anti-everything and alpha striking abilities.

Uprising was still a PR shitstorm though. CB gets an F in that area.

#113 Solodice, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    JefePanda, Shiwen and Section9 like this.
  14. Mahtamori

Usually Sensor or Assault Hacker. It's when I try and use them in an assault role that they fall flat, when I'm allowed to let the Crane sit back and pretend to be a Wu Ming, they'll do fine (if a bit more vulnerable to crits or attacks on supporting team members than Wu Ming are, and typically as expensive). But then I'd rather have Wu Ming or a Hsien Haris in those games.

15. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

OK, thank you for the clarification!

16. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I’ve got a gripe to say. I want to know why they would take JSA away from YJ and then not change the AVA on the YJ that was left? If you are going to take away my variety, at lease let me take more than 1 Daofei, Hac Tao, or 2 Ninja, at least for a little while! What is the point of playing Vanilla then? I played a game on the weekend that I feel I couldn't do because I couldn't get the number of men to get the job done. (Engineer & Doctor)

Kallas likes this.
  17. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

In @Bostria 's own words, we're screwing Vanilla, you may want to play ISS for the rest of the year.

Kallas and Dragonstriker like this.
  18. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Asura. CC17, DA weapon, on a Combi-carrying H+ Heavy Infantry XD

Wyrmnax and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  19. Maksimas

That is a rather amusing example to be quite honest-

xagroth likes this.
  20. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I already commited to Vanilla for the league :( if I could change, I would.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation