1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Minotaurs Brigade: Mercenary Teseum Wardens. . .

Discussion in 'RPG' started by stevenart74, May 13, 2018.

1. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Echo sends a "WARNING BOGEY ON OUR TAIL!" to the pilot's Comlog.

"D, bogey from the rear!" said Echo in a no-nonsense tone.

"Don't tell me, tell the pilot."
    replied Dreanna not opening her eyes.

"I already did! This isn't my first rodeo. But if I have to wake up, then so do you!"

"Fine, open me a line to Tony, Miyu and the Desert Rider."

Echo opens a private channel and auto-invites the group.

[Dreanna: Bogey on our six. I've done all I can telling the pilot. Neither me or my Geist are Hackers, but I noticed some of you pack a punch. Please, try not to panic, I need cool heads and decisive action.]

stevenart74 likes this.
  2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

[OOC I'll make this pretty laterPrettified!]

Betty conducts analysis of the old shuttle following them and wakes Tony up.

@Tony: Contact! Ariadnan shuttle pursuing. Assumed unoccupied. Obsolete.

She flashes an image at him, showing the evidence of years of neglect.

OOC: I'll roll this as an Exploit action, because we're awfully short on momentum. TN12 Foc 1 (10, 15 ), re-roll (14). 1 Success, no bonus momentum. :'(

@Tacnet. Cut the White Noise, you'll blind us as well.

@Tacnet: Pilot: I'm assuming that we're on a standard trajectory. How hot can you make this re-entry? There's no way that rust-bucket can take as high a thermal load as us.

OOC: What I want to happen is the pilot change our trajectory so that we're right on the safeties for burning up. Either the shuttle won't be able to follow or it'll burn up if it does. I'm not 100% certain if I need to roll anything, maybe an Exploit?

He reaches up to the overhead locker, grabs his helmet and puts it on.

#102 inane.imp, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Danger Rose and stevenart74 like this.
  3. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

"Hey Artair, My good Highlander Fella how are You. . .??"

"And who is this Big Burly Bro. . ?? Before I mistook it for the Teseum Swordsmith, but it is surely another totally different kind of Morat. . .!!"

"More muscular, more scar-tattoos and totally different Man of Hair. . .!!"

"Whoah, with this Open Policy of Hiring ANY INTERESTING Mercs surely the Minotaurs attract a quite weird bunch of Fellas !!"

"What will be the next, I wonder. .? A Rogue Myrmydon of A.L.E.P.H. or a . . . .?? We have almost EVERYONE possible, from Renegade Tohaas to displaced Varunan Helots worshipping a Nomad-Cyborg Killer-Whale, what possibly We could lack. . .??"

And Hey, is not that Dogwarrior the Sirrah Alistair Mc Elliott, the Scion of that Mormaer Duke. .? Last I heard was lacking an Arm, but now happened to found a totally new one. . . . .and is Pure Teseum if Ma Eyes don't betray Me. . . . .!!!"

A mechanic with greasy coveralls was cleaning its oil-stained hands with a dirty rag, before approaching the Caledonian Warrior that had spoken and appeared nearby the Krakot Daturazi. . .

For a Pit-Stop Crew seemed to be peculiarly well armed, as had strapped on its back an Ariadnan Submachinegun with a long Silencer and mounted underneath an Underbarrell Light Shotgun; also under the mechanic coveralls sported a Kevlar T-Shirt and had some pouches of the suit filled not with Spare Bits and Bolts, or wrench-spanners but extra Slug Shells and S.M.G. Clips. . .

Seeing that its unusual weaponry had attracted some interest, pointed a finger towards the "Enlarged Blackjack Exoframe" where a couple of other Mechanic Girls, a petite Dark Skinned U.S.Ariadnan and a statuary Kazak Blonde, fussed and preened around a not-unattractive Pilot that was left in T.A.G. Pilot Flaksuit and weirdly enough, was disrobing of a Stetson Hat and Cowboy Trench-Duster that a similarly dressed Humandroid Robotic-Drone collected with the solemnity of an Old Earth Butler. . .

"Mah supposed to be on Lookout Guard for tha Big U.S.Ariadnan Tactical Armoured Gear there. . . . .As the External Plating is of Alloyed Teseum and Rare Minerals mah Bozz (that psychotic Fatty Yujingos with Brass-Plated Cyberarms) would not like some of the Bikers getting greedy and try to pilfer some choice bits, or do some too nearby Holophotos to sell on the Open Market of what would be considered a Customized Advanced Prototype. . .!!"

"Balderdash I say. . . . .All Balderdash !!"

"While that Big Suit is impressive indeed, izzat NO MORE than a Stripped Down Guijia but made with Teseum Alloys !!! Sports some nice New Sensory antennas, a Heavy Missile Pod and another one ( 'sposta be "Smart-Missiles Hive-Swarmer" whaddever it dis), and a bigger, badder Autocannon-Rifle, but is rather plain, unremarkable stuff. . .!!"

"A Dime A Dozen, I daresay !!"

The conspiratorially approached His Caledonian Highlander Pal and winked, as if indicating the enormous Kazak Veteran that was checking the Multi-Ammo Backpack that belt-feed its Spitfire L.M.G. while another of its attending Mechanic was opening a couple of Ammo Boxes of 40mm. Warhead Grenades, as if to allow choice between different Payloads for the Riot-Drum "Revolver Grenade Launcher" attached underneath. . .

"That Diz One is DA REAL DEAL !!"

"Dunno know the Speccies, but is 'sposta be some sort of Ultrasecret Kazak Bionic Commando or whaddever it is !! That that You see is ONLY the Lighter Version. . . . .As is 'sposta be some sort of "Modular Cybernetic Multi-Configuration" that could continually Add-On pieces and Pieces and PIECES of Armour, until is some sorta Humanoid Walking Tank that would be able to rip-off the Limbs of that Curse "Bigga Pannoz Exodrones" that Jotummas or whaddever. . .!!"

"And I believe that Fellah, Sergeant Joakim or waddever, will itch to start because izza sort of Wounded War Veteran that suffered grievous harm from da Pannoz T.A.G.s and is now more than ready for the rematch. . . . .!!

"That Reptile-Shaped Nomad Exosuit (that seem to be kitbashed together by Mechanics with some Pinta Guinness to much, after Dogbowl Finals !!) I dunno know ! Apparently 'sposta be some sort of Expert Counselor that participated in Da Sekrit Projikt of da Kazakas !!!"

. . . . .

While its Com-Log automatic translation subroutines tried to translate the hideous "Pigdin Cockney Hybrid Accent" of the too loquacious Mechanic, then Uja received a Priority Message Warning on its Geist hypersecure encrypted channell. . .

It was the Channell reserved for communication with its own Wife, Loup Garou Sniper Sergeant Arabelle. . .!!

After a picosecond then appeared a Small Holographic Window that showed Belle on a Rooftop (based on extant geographical marks of reference, should have been that big, ugly concrete Radome Tower directly opposite on the Airport Terminal). . .

Nearby the slightly worried (but still very lovely) face of His Wife, the Morat Renegade Daturazi Warrior-Monk saw another of the Marksman of Arabelle's Squad (something "Corporal Jean Claude" or whatever) that was busy adjusting the Optical Sights of a Long-Barrelled Antitank Heavy Sniper Rifle; even behind there was a sort of Big Radar Antenna where an unlikely Trio of Technicians (one was a Wardiver Hacker with the Biker Gang Colours, another clearly a scarred Corregidoran Jaguar and the last some sort of "Light Chimera Package" dressed as a Morlock of Bakunin !!) was somehow busy arranging and re-arranging a complex display of Hololithic Screens. . .

"My dear Husband ! On the priority channell there was signaled that Lord Graywulf Family has left their Compund to reach there the Terminal on a Luzige A.P.C. !! As You are its "Raktorak Battle-Butler" I think that soon the Memo will reach You, but is not for this that call You. . .!!"

"You see that Three Stooges at the Radome Control. . .?? They are supposed to be the Biker Gang "Expert Countermeasure Hackers" but now thay are acting as headless chickens (and NO, not as "Brown Hens" !!!) because their "Supposed Hypersecure Network" has not seen in time some sort of "Shadow Afterimage" that SHOULD NOT BE on the Tail of the Orbital Shuttle ferrying Your newer Comrades-In-Arms. . .!!"

"I see that You are surrounded by that all good Mobile Artillery Units !! Maybe some sort of Pre-Emptive Preparations for Anti-Aircraft Duty could be a sensible, prudent approach. . . . .!!!"

Golem2God likes this.
  4. stevenart74

[O.O.C. Useful Infos:

For the moment I keep the Momentum / Heat Pools of the "Orbital Shuttle" Team (4 Players, their "Robo Pets" and the 2 Allied N.P.C. that are the two Nomads Pilots) and the one of the "Land Bound Team" separate. . .

At the moment Land Team down on New Knossos Island airport strip could not meaningfully contribute to the Dropship Plight, but they could start to prepare beforehand for an Effective Anti-Air Artillery. . .

The two Warcor-Paparazzis on the Shuttle COULD be co-opted to help, but they could not do much more than Share / Lend their Hyperadvanced Vizier-Media Geists to help with Vector Calculations. . .

Instead there are MANY useful N.P.C. on the Tarmac & Terminal (and even more "Not-So-Useful" ones that are Bikers wasted by Booze, Drugs or Sex-Orgy After-Effects) but to fully coordinate SUCCESSFULLY them some VERY HIGH "Personality + Command Rolls" are needed (@Beodren 's Character has some "Extra Perk Bonus" to add to His rolls (as fitting as "Designated Team Officer"), and Dogwarrior Form is not an Hindrance but rather a Bonus when shouting Orders around an Airport Strip). . .

@Golem2God Morat is also quite proficient in "Force Commanding" but for rather smaller groups of Elites, rather than larger Bands / Mobs of Soldiers of VARIOUS state of training. . .

@DaRedOne Joakim "Mechanic Pit Stop Team" are "Part of His Retinue" and while not very HIGH on Purely Combat Skills, could function as a well oiled machine. . .

If You are not so keen about what the Success-Generated Momentum that You produce could do, remember that You can "Spend" 1x1 Momentum to reduce the Heat Poll of the G.M.-controlled Enemies. . .

This will means that the coordinated Defence of the Player Characters make far more difficult for the "Shadow Shuttle" to effectively mount an effective Offence with their Counter-Hacking / Tactical Counseling / Better Course of Vector / Flying Dogfight. . .

. . . . .

At the moment the Pools are:

"Orbital Shuttle" Heat (3 x 4 P.C.) = 12; Momentum Pool = 8 (generated by the Successes and clever Skill Usage Tactics of @inane.imp ; @Danger Rose ; @oldGregg and @Yasashii Fuyu ). . .

To let a better flow of Game understanding on the "Shadow Dropship" there will be ROUGHLY 6 "N.P.C. Enemies" that are coordinating flawlessly to a One or Two Actions; they will act AFTER EVERY P.C. as acted. . .

. . . . .

"Airport Land Team" Heat (3 x 5 P.C.) = 15; Momentum Pool = 6 (generated manly by Allied N.P.C. starting to coordinate and pre-prepared Defensive Emplacements). . .

Their "Foe" is a SINGLE Enemy N.P.C. that is acting in "Distant Remote" and could not do much than Active Sensor Rolls or Passive Scans to understand the Defensive Patterns of the Airport Garrison and the P.C. Actions. . .

. . . . .

On the Shuttle the 4 P.C. (@inane.imp ; @Danger Rose ; @oldGregg and @Yasashii Fuyu ) have acted their FIRST Round and the Enemies answered with a not-so-stellar "Piloting Roll"; they are Tailing the Nomads Dropship but could have done far better. . .

It is AGAIN the Players Characters Turn. . .

. . . . .

On the Land the present Players that need to act are @Golem2God ; @Beodren ; @DaRedOne and @Redwulfe with @loricus (those last two could be effectively Autopiloted by G.M. but will heed any SENSIBLE Order by Players Characters). . .

Hope everything is clear; feel free to ask if not. . . . .!!!]

5. inane.imp

[OOC: how is our friendly neighbourhood shuttle pilot going? I kinda need to know what his response was to my suggestion. Because there's an opportunity to really complicate our tail's life by co-ordinating throwing the white noise back up with our shifting to a new, hotter heading.

But at the moment I'm kind of banking on it either not being able to keep up with a more aggressive descent, or breaking up if it tries based on the description of highly damaged thermal shielding.]

#105 inane.imp, Jun 3, 2018
    stevenart74 and Danger Rose like this.
  6. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

(I am at a conundrum here. I have an idea on what to do, but In character I just don't know what's going on. I'm waiting until one of the ground team players gives me a lead in character so I can spring into action.)

7. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

To Arabelle:

Uja'rak: "I don't know what to do about that. I certainly can't use mobile artillery efficiently."
    Arabelle: "Anyone there near you that could?"
    Uja'rak: "I'll check around..."
    Artair: "How about that ben ov'a kazak clanman ov'r ther'e? He seems like he could do somting with dem big guns."
    Uja'rak: "Very well." He then turns to Artair in a whispered tone. "Do you know that mechanic by chance?"
    Artair: "Never. The only way I can figure is that person visited da bar me and you wi'ited in. I'v dun cume to this here island around the same time as you did. So Ize got a right to be cautious like ye about this here place."

After the short conversation Uja'rak headed over to where more metal than man Vet Kazak was standing.

Uja'rak: "Excuse me!" the Morat barked causing the Kazak to turn to him. "I just got word that the incoming shuttle has a suspicious object trailing it. Our hackers on the ground are having trouble trying get this object to change course. Do you have any ideas or suggestions on what should or could be done?"

stevenart74 likes this.
  8. DaRedOne

Warcor

The large kazak raised both eyebrows when he was approached by the morat monk, still not used to these unusual sights in the Minotaurs compound.

Uja'rak: "Excuse me! I just got word that the incoming shuttle has a suspicious object trailing it. Our hackers on the ground are having trouble trying get this object to change course. Do you have any ideas or suggestions on what should or could be done?"

Joakim laughed at the notion, his mirthful laughter echoing out as he straightened herself up, saluting the alien man. The large cyborg turned around and looked up, trying to make anything out in the sky, to see any faint trail of the shuttle and its incoming pursuer.

Joakim: "Ah, yes, of course." The man adjusts his large, round glasses again as he keeps looking at the sky "We do it like we do in Rodina, we take bogey down with extreme prejudice, yes?" He grinned "If we can spot trail, or any kind of way to triangulate bogey's position, we can meet it with extreme prejudice once it enters atmosphere."

As the kazak cyborg spoke, he turned to his pit crew, calling out for the two engineers in particular.

Joakim: "Dunya, Anderson, give helping now, yes?" He jogged over to them, hoping the morat would follow "Shuttle in orbit has bogey trailing it. We want to shoot it down. Can you assist?"

The two engineers hop to it, trying to access the local sensor array as the Kazak veteran moves up to get in contact with the local defenses. The idea is to contact the shuttle coming down, triangulate the position of the pursuing vehicle and attempt to meet it with as much Anti-air fire as the base can muster. This will require the shuttle to come into the atmosphere, but if executed correctly should completely obliterate the pursuer the moment it breaks in.

(OOC: I rolled for observation in an attempt to stablish the exact position of the vehicle tracking the shuttle, and its possible path. I want to hit it with so much flak it's gonna light up like world war Dawn in the Knossos sky.

Rolls: 12,11 - https://orokos.com/roll/628527 )

9. stevenart74

In the Orbital Shuttle, that start to execute some preliminary slight alterations on the Vector Course, to begin a more defensive approach the Nomad Pilot open a small Comm Window to Tony's Com-Log, to address what was asked to Him. . .

"I could plan some very risky trajectories and there is NO WAY that Old Rustbucket could take a steep angle as We can and remain structurally integral ! But the more I do and the heavier the risk we have !! But I see there, on the Cargo Manifesto, that Mrs. Farabella is a certified Engine Thruster Technician, Level 2, and could help a lot alleviate some pressure on Me and My Copilot if She start to calibrate the Motor Reactor output for short, violent burst, without compromising Our Dropship efficiency. . .!!"

"If You are O.K. with this let Me know and I will open the necessary Admin Privileges on the Shuttle Networked System; but there is something weird there, even if armed with Ariadnan Flintlock-Blunderbuss that Junked-Hulk should have YET tried to start firing something on Us. . . . .At the moment is trying to JUST shadowing the Directional Vector that we are using, and while has not our mobility and maneuver output, is nothing if not doggedly persistent. . .!!"

"Let Me know what kind of Dangerous Vector is the one You want Us to try, Mr. Rodriguez, all the while Your comrades try to enlarge our Defensive Infosphere. . . . .!!"

[O.O.C. =

Tony could try to program some Technical Specs for both Orbital Vehicles on its Com-Log Memory to try to assess the "Stress Levels" that are no more acceptable for both vehicles; Int. + Tech. OR Int. + Science Rolls at Diff. 2; followed by an Awareness + Analysys or Extraplanary, Diff. 1, to project it in a solid, useful algorythm. . .

Dreanna has enough Background in Ship Core Reactors (Basic Int. + Tech, Diff. 1) to be useful to "Jury Rig" temporary better motor performances. . .]

Uja and Joakim will quickly synch their Com-Logs to the Sensory Apparatus of the Tech-Support Truck, while the Pit Crew started to organize the Systems for a Priority Scan Analysis. . .

That ruckus attracted the attention of the other various Personnel of the Mobile Artillery Team and soon appeared on their Tac-Net some "Info Queries" that asked, politely but with a certain suspicious eagerness, some more information. . .

At that distance the Morat saw clearly that under that Veteran Teseum Full-Plate Armoursuit the Cybernetic Modifications of the Kazak were quite extensive; in doing that He just lost track of the Mechanic with the Atrocious Accent and that weird person had somehow disappeared from their sight. . .

Meanwhile also on the otherwise placid and laid-back "Personnel" of the Minotaurs Biker Gang started to appear some slight costernation and excited behaviour; probably even the more Drug-Addled Gangers had been warned by their so called "Hacker Team". . .

[O.O.C.=

Uja could try a Personality + Command Roll, Diff. 2, to try to impose a certain order on the Comm Traffic, imposing automatically His authority, or could try to Alert an Higher Ranked Officer. . .

Joakim has started to "Commandeer" the Sensory Apparatus of the Airport to discern the Approach Vector of the "Shadow Dropship" but there are needed some more Successes, as the powerful Heat signature of Orbital Re-Entry scramble quite the sensorial readings. . .

What could YET understand is that the mysterious enemy is trying to use the Nomad Shuttle as a sort of "Cover" expressively for the Anti-Aircraft Guns of the Mercenary Base; the enemy Shuttle is slower, more antiquate and less dexterous of the Nomad Dropship with the other P.C. onboard, and is ALSO rapidly losing the Advantage of Surprise. . .

Could also try to Hail the Shuttle (that as a "Allied Vehicle" have appropriate Encrypted Comms) and try to kitbash together a Communal Strategy. . . ]

inane.imp and Danger Rose like this.
  10. inane.imp

Half way through the pilot's speach, Tony interrupts @Tacnet: on it.

@Betty: help me run the numbers.

[OOC: the Tech test, using 1 Momentum, to work a trajectory that this craft can handle. TN13, Foc 2: 3, 15, 8 rerolling the 15 due Natural Engineer 3 and Betty's help TN10, Foc 1 7. So 4 successes. I'm going to use both of the excess to improve the quality of the success (by which I mean push this all the way to the limits). We're doing this hard and hot. :Evil:]

As Betty and Tony work, they talk:

Betty@Tony: there's a significant chance that the dropship will not be spaceworthy on touchdown.

@Betty: won't kill us though

Betty@Tony: yes, the risks are within your normal thresholds. But, on those odds I'm constantly surprised you're not dead.

@Betty: so am I, so am I.

@Tacnet: hold on tight, this'll be rough. On my mark: @Hackers bring the White Noise back up, @Drea give the engines everything and then @Pilots execute the manoeuvres. Got it?

He pushes the trajectory and data through to the pilot's display. The format is workmanlike, but workable.

Everyone's geists work out that the planned trajectory exceeds the safe working limits of the dropship. They may or may not be aware that they're more guidelines than actual hard limits; or precisely how close they're getting to those actual limits.

[OOC: using extraplanetary to display the data, TN16, Foc 2. 19, 14. Re-rolling the 19 due Meteor Head 17. So just the 1 Success I needed.]

Cinching his seats straps tighter, Tony thinks hopefully Dre doesn't do something stupid and kill everyone on the entire ship.... again. He pulls up the work she's doing to see if he and Betty can help.

[OOC: @Danger Rose , couldn't resist the gibe :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but mainly I'm setting Tony up to be in a position to assist next round.

Overall -1 momentum. I forgot to abuse Spacewalker for an 80% chance of gaining momentum back :sob:

Edit: I've edited my post a little to sync up with Drea's second action a little ]

#110 inane.imp, Jun 4, 2018
    stevenart74 likes this.
  11. Danger Rose

After overhearing the Tacnet communication between Pilot and Tony, Dreanna puts on her goggles and Syncs 'Firefly', her Zondcat.

Using AR controls, and setting her goggles to show her only the Rem's POV, she moved the little machine to the service hatch and made it crawl to the engine relays.

Then with her tongue in her cheek, she used the Rem's little claws to bypass the safeties and temporarily increase the engines' energy output.

@Tacnet: "All right, I'm gonna give you a boost. Don't push it though, you'll be burning fuel at a higher rate."

OOC: rolled 7 and 2.
    http://orokos.com/roll/628602

stevenart74 and inane.imp like this.
  12. inane.imp

[OOC: *cough* read the rules for connecting to Remote Vehicles on page 354 *cough* :)

(I'm increasingly realising how scattered the rules are in the book).

Tl;dr one standard action to connect, then I'm assuming that your tech work is a second standard action. So it should happen over 2 rounds. Which baring something crazy happening should leave Tony in place to Assist you.]

#112 inane.imp, Jun 4, 2018
  13. Danger Rose

[OOC: Darn, I forgot about that. Should I burn 2 Momentums to Declare a Swift Action, or just leave it at "Played 2 turns in advance"?]

#113 Danger Rose, Jun 4, 2018
  14. inane.imp

[OOC: I'd just leave it as two rounds. I think we've got time.]

Edited: I've edited my original post to lean a little forward to sync up with your second action a little more. It's just co-ordinating the team so everything happens at once.

#114 inane.imp, Jun 4, 2018
  15. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

Alistair got out of his transport quickly along with his newest pet looking around and growling low and angry as soon as Glahad spoke to him:
    "Fluffy, newcomers have a tail. Likely intruder." Scottish wolfman looked around for a few seconds, before speaking, as usual, out loud to his Geist.
    "Galahad, get me rest of the squad on the line, if they are near, I want them constantly listening to me." Quick "Aye" was the response of Geist as Wolfman turned to creative SAS comunications expert. "Warn High Command, we do not need them in open field with something in our Airspace. Greywulf and rest need to stay clear, especially if something is about to crash here." Dog warrior jumped out of the truck and roared as loud as he could.
    "Okay Lads and lasses, this is not FUKKIN drill." Lieutant McElliot sadly had his accent show much more now that he was trying to remain loud. "Get Your arses moving and man the AA Guns. if any biker sleeps there, just throw the damned thrash out. DOUBLE TIME!"

[Command TN:10 Roll: 10, 20]

Glahad spoke up Again "Ready to transfer messages." Dog Warrior was already heading towards the truck with the TAGs and grunted quick: "Squad Designation is Delta Whiskey. RZ by truck with our gear." Wolf already planned to get pilots already in base to their machines while rest will cover them. Then a though crossed his mind. "Single shuttle cannot be only thing trying to get us... single vehicle would be a suicide without some support." Alistair in the end, equipped his Molotok, double checking if the weapon was fine as he headed right toward Gear he recognized from Dossier, slapping anyone slacking on the back, especially hard for any sobering up gang member, soon following up with another roar:
    "Why in Gods name you lazy fucks keep the truck in the open, when there is enemy aicraft! Any non essential transports, get into the damned hangar!" Once a sarge, always a sarge. Even if hidden under rank of lt.

[Not sure if that is mechanically correctl and if yelling orders is a standard action, but if needed, second command roll: 7,7]

Meanwhile Galahad sent quick note to all members of the Squad:

@Everyone on the ground and part of the squad: "Regroup by the Truck with Black jack, Lizard and Two Geckos., Squad Designation for all communications is Delta Whiskey. Look for a giant Dog-Warrior."

[I will try to focus on generating Momentum happily for the potential shooters and rest of the team. And looking fluffy while doing so.]

#115 Beodren, Jun 4, 2018
  16. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

To Joakim:

Uja'rak: "Can't help you with that. Never used one of those in my life. Besides I have to get back the chief commander of this operation. I hope your plan works without any side-effects." And with that the Morat turned and went back the way he came where Artair was standing. Making sure he was within earshot of the Caledonian Dogface in charge.

17. DaRedOne

Warcor

(Ooc: I suggest you guys read this while listening to Thunderstruck for maximum tongue in cheek factor)

The Kazak veteran smirks as he adjusts his glasses, looking at the morat and chuckling at his short words.

Joakim: "there's very charming man" he says in a sarcastic tone as the red skinned alien leaves, then turns around to focus on his team and sensor array, checking the results they returned "ah. I see now. Enemy is approaching behind shuttle, clever. But I've yet to meet someone who can outsmart bullet."

The big man rubs his close cropped mutton chops as he ponders his next course of action, thinking until he decides o open a communication channel with the big caledonian dog warrior running the show.

Joakim@Alistair: "Excuse me, sir. Joakim Illari here, heavy weapons specialist. Me and my team are tracking bogey now, yes? Little more time until we have safe firing solution to take it down. However, I've noticed it is trailing our shuttle but not firing, so it might be looking for landing. Way I see it, we have two options: obliterate it as soon as possible with anti-air fire, or let it land and meet with heavy ground resistance. What do you prefer, sir?"

As he waits for further orders, the big man asks his team for two things: the engineers are to prepare the Sasha Armature for ground combat, equipping her with armor piercing rounds on the heavy machinegun and hollow points on the PDWs for maximum efficiency. The rest of the team is going to work with Joakim to keep attempting to track the incoming bogey from the ground, using all means necessary, including eyesight if possible, to make a firing solution for the AA guns to fire as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

(More ooc: I want to roll observation again, got a 1, 20 http://orokos.com/roll/628795
    Additionally, I want to queue two different actions based on the answer I get to my question:
    If I get green light to fire, I'll burn a momentum point AND and infinity point to fire all guns at that enemy flier the moment I get a chance to do so.
    If I don't get green light, I'll go put on the heavy suit to meet the enemy when they land.
    Either way, I'll add colors to this later today when I get home. Carry on ladies and gentlemen)

#117 DaRedOne, Jun 4, 2018
  18. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

Alistair heard the report and answered quickly.
    @Joakim"Let your team do the tracking and potentially firing. Just make sure there won't be any friendly fire." Wolfman was already ready to undock the tags manually if needed.
    @Joakim"Mister Illari, I need you in the gear, in case dropship is just a bait." Wolf stated on secure channel, before once more going public, realizing he is likely the only ranking officer here, that is sober.
    @Local Forces"I need update on AA status. Light units double check the damned perimeter and stop standing in the open! We need a lot of space if there will be emergency landing!"

#118 Beodren, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Danger Rose and stevenart74 like this.
  19. DaRedOne

Warcor

Joakim grins as he looks up to the sky again, still trying to make out any signs of reentry. He turns to his pit crew and nods at them, raising his sunglasses for dramatic effect

Joakim: "Looks like boss prefers me in suit instead of manning artillery, so it's time to get Sasha out of storage. Wall, help me out, yes? Boss wants the rest of you to keep tracking bogey as it descends, and only fire if it's perfectly safe. Might not have the chance to fire at all."

As his team gets in position, Joakim moves towards the truck carrying his heavy armor suit. Behind him follows the oversized USAriadnan woman, the two of them working overtime to make sure the Kazak cyborg will be properly armored when/if the enemy comes down at them.

(ooc: sorry for jumping the gun. Now it's official, as @Beodren has given me an order I can no longer take a shot at the ship, for shame :D. Anyhow, I won't make another post until @stevenart74 does. Final observation roll: 14,9 https://orokos.com/roll/629231 )

Danger Rose likes this.
  20. stevenart74

In the Orbital Shuttle everyone is ready to execute flawlessly their supposed role; the Pilot is ready to do the rather violent and abrupt maneuver (suggested by Tony, enhanced by Miyu quick calculations and made possible by Dreanna "Tinkering" with the Reactor Fuel-Core, through Her trusty Zondcat Drone) to "Detach" the Shadow Dropship from their tail, shaking-off the obnoxious pursuer. . .

All the while the Co-Pilot is busy coordinating the "Defensive Netsphere" of the Nomad Shuttle, by leaving the Haqqislamite Desert Supersoldier to launch at opportune moment some "Virtual Chaff / Flare" further enhanced by the quick "Booster Algorythm" done by Kasa (the Robo-Maid) of Miyu and bounced through the Ship's Antenna by the Kameel Drone and Tony's "Bandersnatch" Zondbot (still secured in the Cargo Bay). . .

All the while the two Warcors-Paparazzis are busy whispering excitedly about how the whole experience is "True, Genuine and Adrenalin Filler" and that their Maya Ratings will skyrocket soon. . .

The Pilots make some further adjustement and the Passengers Seat have the restraining belts stiff a little more to secure their "Temporary Owners" while in the Rear-Cushioning there is a sensation of "Being Swalloved" as Anti-G polymers inflate the Seats. . .

The Med-Drones bay on the Passengers Area open to reveal a couple of tiny Arachnobot Drones with small red eyes and ominous syringes, ready to intervene should someone of the Passengers will feel violently ill. . .

The enemy Shuttle try to follow the steep, new angle of re-entry, but is doing it far worse than the Nomad Dropship. . .

. . . . .

[Orbital Shuttle O.O.C.

Please ANYONE Organic on the Shuttle Roll D1 Resistance / Extraplanetary / Spacecraft test for avoiding blacking out (going Unconscious) due to the EXTREME abruptness of the Risky Maneuver (I will roll for the Pilots and the Warcors, along with the subsequent Action of the "Pursuers"). . .

Momentum of the Players stay at 8, thanks to the many Successes generated by the Players even expending them. . .

Heat go down at 6, because the "Enemy" has expended A LOT for Reaction and Special Skills. . . !!]

. . . . .

On the Airport Tarmac soon the Com-Log of Alistair receive a confirmation "Ping" about His orders being executed; apparently High Command has appreciated the swift "Assumption of Emergency Leadership" and granted Him the Tactical Rank of "Operation Coordinator" (his Molotok is positioned on a nearby Van, with extended bipod and ready to be fired sky-side towards any kind of approaching enemy). . .

Soon the Parked Vehicles are moved out of sensible threat ranges, while a Defensive Anti-Aircraft Perimeter is quickly, but NOT "Uncautiously Hasty" prepared. . .

The "Giant Blackjack" and the Nomads Lizard T.A.G. soon link their Sensor Feeds to execute the orders of firing of the Squad Leaders; the Kazak is quickly surrounded by its dedicated Mechanics Pit-Crew and the small "Laika" Traktor Mul, whose deft Micromanipulator Arms are soon busy detaching unnecessary Metal Platings of the Armour and revealing that its Artificial Limbs of Myomer Muscle-Fibers will be soon detached and substituted with far heavier Hydraulic Servomotors. . .

It seems an uncanny reproduction of the Panoceanian Nascar Rally teams that quickly strip-&-remount Hovercars, but done on a Bionic Soldier to make its appearance match more and more the Enlarged Blackjack. . .

Near Uja a couple of Staff Sergeants are busy opening some rather large Ammo Boxes of 40mm. Grenades; one is debating to have Fragmentation ones loaded with a Predetermined Explosion Time as to act as perfect "Saturation Flak Shots" while the other is instead promoting the concept of using Armor Piercing Slugs, with a narrow proximity detonator, to avoid endanger the "Friendly Shuttle" and instead JUST striking very nearby the "Enemy Target". . .

Eyeing the Underbarrell Grenade Launcher, mounted under the Morat Vulkan-Boarding Shotgun, they try to entice the Daturazi Krakot to join the discussion and try one of their solution (or BOTH !!!). . . . .

While deciding on this the Renegade Alien see that also the Lizard T.A.G. is approaching (with a swift gait disbelieving the large size) the Grenade Ammo Boxes, as both of its usual Integrated Arm-Guns (an high velocity caseless tri-barrelled "Minigun" H.M.G. and a Heavy Flamethrower) had been substituted with Non-Standard Belt-Feed Semi-Automatic Grenade Launchers. . .

One of the Wardrivers present on the scene launch a warning that "Something" quite distant is doing a rather large-widthband, long-ranged Sensor Sweep of the Airstrip, but SHOULD not be so difficult to scramble it. . . . .

. . . . .

[Airport O.O.C.

Anyone on the "Land Team" is going on "Optimal Firing Positions" and could easily mix-&-match tactics to answer to UNEXPECTED happenings. . .

The good rolls have increased the Momentum Pool to 8, while the "Faraway Enemy Spotter" had needed to "Burn" 5 of its former 15 Heat points (for doing a "Reactive Scan Sweep" with rather primitive and limited available technology), reducing it to 10. . .

ALL PLAYERS OF BOTH TEAMS ARE NOW AT TURN 2 ]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation