1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Joys and Griefs of Mixed CJC links

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by HotFreshTofu, Apr 9, 2019.

1. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I assume this hasn't actually happened for you because you're not considering the nearly certain death from Crazy Koalas.

inane.imp likes this.
  2. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

to knock the +3 bonus off a link I'd take that trade.

Generally I find hackers in links not to be worth it unless I have a very good reason to put them in there, or can garuntee their safety through other means.

3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Most people don't like to trade 30-40 points.

4. Freki

Freki Well-Known Member

I've been running tsyklons agua links, and actually leave the HD out of the group.

Benefits are numerous, you can activate your HD without the link. If your link face AROs, you can buff the remotes first.
    If you lose a member you can go back to 5. And you make yourself less of a target since the other guy won't remove your +3 bonus.
    Overall CJC is very weak on hacking, and more and more I leave my moran further and further back to prevent a hacker to get access to the repeater.
    Also koalas are good but easy to counter. The koalas will quickly be gone of a KHD looks to take advantage of your network.

So yeah bring 6 alguaciles, and have the HD out.

Vakarian likes this.
  5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I take an EVO in group 2.

inane.imp likes this.
  6. Tourniquet

21pt zero KHD for a 18pt aggie hacker and removal of the +3BS bonus, seems fine to me.

csjarrat likes this.
  7. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I mean I'd try for the trade if I had to. But I'm usually going to spend the orders to clear out the Koalas first with Morlocks. Because there's good chances I need two bites at that cherry: the Zero is 30% odds of bouncing off the Alg vs 93.75% odds of dying to both Koalas.

And yes, I pop my Bandit KHD in response once the Koalas have been dealt with. That's why I have a KHD in my list, to punish that play. It's 61% odds of removing probably the only KHD you'll need to worry about.

Why I prefer the option of not having my Alg in the link is more to do with AD and the Supportware on the linked Tsyklon shuffle.

Tourniquet likes this.
  8. Tourniquet

Trying to clear the CKs if possible should be high on the list, whether with warbands, zondcats/mates, or your own CK's, I was just making the point that the trade isn't actually that bad of an option. Especially in vanilla where you often have another KHD or two(though this may just be my list building preferences).
    In the event that the bandit does stick it's head out to redrum the Zero I have the option to split burst against both on my own redrum forcing it to eat a -6 or take trinity with 2/1 split and try to outburst the bandit and contest both, or just double down on one of the targets. Win or lose one of the more dangerous midfield hunters you have access to is revealed for me to deal with through other means.

Or maybe I should stop sending Zeros on suicide missions.

This probably the better reason for not doing it as the second that the HD activates to do something useful another member of the team thats watching a fire lane is probably going to get shot.

The only time I would consider a hacker in an aggie fireteam would be if I was intending to use offensively with a Brigada pointman and the mission has the hacker bonuses in effect.

9. inane.imp

No. You can't split burst vs the Bandit.

3. Camo'd Zero moves into ZOC of the Moran
    4. No AROs because the Zero is Camo'd
    5. Zero declares Redrum vs the Alg
    6. Alg declares Brainblast, Bandit reveals and declares Skullbuster

I probably don't use the Bandit unless I get Normal rolls.

This whole argument clearly underscores that KHDs universally avoiding Firewall mods is so annoying.

loricus and Tourniquet like this.
  10. Tourniquet

This is fine for the most part, what with the super narrow focus and application of the KHD. Additionally, when tinbot b's exist in fireteams with devices with a lethal hack that can make any form of hacking have an obscenely low chance of success the second you have to deal with FW then for a lot of hackers it becomes pointless.

11. inane.imp

Most Tinbots + KHDs exist in factions with limited Repeater coverage. Their ability to ignore hostile firewalls adds to the pointlessness of hacking them if you're in a faction with decent Repeater coverage.

If you compare Sword-3 programs to Brainblast they nearly get to ignore Firewall MODs twice: through increased Damage + Burst/MOD bonuses as well as the native ability to ignore Firewalls.

Honestly I'd prefer to see Firewall removed from the game entirely over the present state of affairs.

12. Tourniquet

So would I. Though in that case Fairy Dust would need to be reworked.

13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Hackers in big links without sufficient KHD support is a good way to lose your link bonuses. You can't just have HDs sat in a link I find, all it takes is a Pitcher and basic bitch with a KHD and that's a popped brain.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation