1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Hacking Issue and AHD

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Nemo No Name, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Assault Hacking Devices kick ass against hackable targets. They are strong area control. Hackable targets are also relatively prevalent in many factions! The problem is that they absolutely aren't in others, and AHDs are useless otherwise.

I would say that AHDs need to be more effective against "non-hackable" troops and the defence against that would be mostly based around Shield Programs.

Like, Shield 1, hack transport aircraft, u-turn, and a program where you can ARO to give - 3 to a hacker's WIP when it tries to hack an allied trooper (firewall I guess)
    , but not the hacker. Shield 2, same program but -6 (firewall l2), and one that's - 3 and the attack is reflected if you win the ftf. No stacking of programs. So basically hackers assist other troops against hacking attacks. Spotlight becomes B2 and an Oblivion equivalent vs non hackable guys that makes them isolated but can reset out. Stuff like that.

theradrussian likes this.
  2. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Sure, use hackers but wonder why your enemy is still standing and you have not done anything.

your "risk free" thing statistically take one-fifth of a combat group's orders, assuming the opponent was silly enough to leave a hackable HI in the ZoC of your hacker. Since they likely werent, let's count 1 to 3 more for you to get into position without being attacked by other aro threats, or to successfully land a pitcher or other repeater there. We're now 1/3 to half down on orders, to...immobilise 1 guy that they can reset out of in ARO.

If you want "risk free", just pick a faction with a linkable E/M LGL with x visor and spec fire away. Same NO RISK that you want, while actually causing some long term impact.

If you really want to use hacking vs HI, in most cases just using oblivion is better as it harms their order pool flexibility.

3. Eightballz

Eightballz Well-Known Member

Na, dont simplify it. The Hacker could still be in deployment Zone or in reach to an objective. No wasted Orders. Maybe it is the drone with repeater, that expands the Hacking Zone. And in the same way it can be the target to just immo the HI. And it can be worth it. But Maybe the drone kills him after HI is hacked. And of Course there are different ways to solve the Situation. It is Infinity.

4. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Yeah sure then assume you always succeed and always crit and they are going to stay in your ZoC because they want to be hacked. You still haven't removed any orders, or killed anything, and if the IMM-1'd model gets to ARO it resets out of it. These are facts that cannot be waved away by saying I am over simplifying.

Try it out, go ahead. Bring all the hackers you want! Hack away! I'm just saying that as far as facts about the game go, in its current state it is of limited utility.

I'd be inclined to take your knowledge of the game seriously if you were proposing, say, using oblivion in aro through a previously setup repeater to break HI out of links (ideally the link leader), but the fact that you feel the IMM-1 state is the be all end all pinnacle of hacking has me really wondering.

There are more ways to solve a problem in infinity, but oftentimes there is a better way, and then the other ways.

5. Eightballz

Eightballz Well-Known Member

I dont want to argue with you. BUT listen: All my calculations were made for Hacking in Aktive Turn. So there is no HI Walking out of ZoC.. I just took the interventor with HD+ for example and my Zoe because they are in my list. And the Stop! Programm is really nice. Thats what i had to say. No Need to agree

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation