1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future of Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Greysturm, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

The fact that you are constantly unable to defend your position. We literally have pages of discussion involving X doesn't make sense because Y, 20 days of unsanctioned warfare is insane, PsychoCrane's actions go against everything an elite counter insurgency agent would be trained in...

Hell @Section9 has written enough on his own to fill a small book of issues that Gutier's fluff has.

Then you come in and tell everyone "No, it's good because it's good. If you don't understand it obviously that's a failing on your behalf Gutier is clearly so good he is worthy of a nebula award there is absolutely nothing wrong with what he's written."

You have a constant habit of doing this. When people are discussing the issue of Oniwabans leaving a large unfilled hole in the YJ roster, you try to tell them something completely nonsensical like Ninjas do what Oniwabans do. Or when people like @AdmiralJCJF complain that Bipandra is bland and lacking rules compared to top tier dire foes characters, you try to tell them that she's perfectly good.

You don't engage in sensible discussion. You fanboy. That is all you ever do. That makes your opinions often stupid ones. There is usually no logic behind it ever, beyond your self professed love for the game.

Hardly. He asked a question, it's hardly my fault the answer is unpleasant when it's caused by his own actions.

#341 Triumph, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    AdmiralJCJF and Aldo like this.
  2. Eldritch

Eldritch Well-Known Member

Physchoticstorm should perhaps be the one reigning it in.

When you try to defend some decidedly racial genocide happy fluff you had better be damn careful the places you are willing to go to defend it.

Claiming that nations have no control or responsibility over their own intelligence agencies or military bodies (or judiciary or head of state or...) is offensively ignorant and nihilistic in it's own right. Not as a matter of tone, but as a matter of CONTENT, especially as a defense of war crimes and ethnic cleansing. It is directly offensive to claim that nations cannot be at fault for ethnic cleansing because at some level individuals either were or weren't personally involved.

Worse still if he had any comprehension of the nature of the topic matter he might just realize that his CIA example isn't just really bad for his case but also actually a massively offensive beehive in it's own right. The CIA, and by extension the US is responsible for countless reprehensible historical acts, about the only thing anyone remotely informed disagrees on is on exactly how many, and he is sitting there telling us that the nation behind that agency and those acts should not be held responsible in any way.

And then he just put a cherry on top with a round of fight picking that started with accusing people of personal attacks against him and ended with him claiming he himself cannot be offensive because he can't control his own tone.

Again I stress. This wouldn't be a hornets nest if Psychoticstorm didn't keep kicking it with his latest goal post shift straight off the sidelines into genuinely offensive territory.

xagroth likes this.
  3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I have yet to receive were in the book it says PanO started the attacks 20 days in advance.

Also I gave my reasoning and defended my position, some of you simply do not accept it, I cannot do anything for that, the crux of that debate is it is unreasonable to treat Infinity's superpowers the same way real world countries bound to a single planet with finite resources.

Fact is Yu Jing used effectively to their advantage O-12 many times more than anybody else it makes little sense to make anything against it since its existence is to their advantage, I have to remind Neocolonial wars ended with PanO bombing the Yu Jing capital, the war stopped because O-12 gathered the political pressure to put an end to it not because the superpowers were in a stalemate and even in that humiliating defeat O-12 reset the geopolitical clock to the start before Neoclonial wars, at the position of power PanO was at the time they could have either pushed to stop Yu Jing from existing (or at least make them a minor power) and drag the war a few more decades or at the very least demand humiliating war reprisals(sp?) for example having all of Svalarheima for themselves.

O-12 is a tool in Infinity it does not matter if it would make sense in our real life, it is an internal mechanism of the setting what it matters is it is internally consistent.

saint and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  4. Eldritch

Eldritch Well-Known Member

That's not remotely relevant to anything you've said for pages.

5. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

I'd be more worried if he was the Prince of Nigeria, and I'd be more worried if the person writing your post wasn't... well... you.

Again, Koni doesn't get this shit, and I think the differences in Mod behaviour are clear enough to show why.

He still doesn't understand why what he said is bad, so I don't know why you're surprised.

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

The ideals of the "Alt-right" has been around a bit longer than their manifesto, and it's the ideals that are problematic, not the two words put together to describe them.

7. psychoticstorm

As a moderator I have to say
    I do not think debating "alt right" and "alt left" or any other contemporary political situations will lead to anywhere good I am afraid.

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Then by all means, please moderate the use of extremist rhetoric and dog whistling so we don't have to call them out.

xagroth, Eldritch, Shiwen and 3 others like this.
  9. DFW Ike

DFW Ike Well-Known Member

Its on page 33, October 2, the Uprising Book.

I provided hard data from the book [note that this is about the switch of Yu Jing from "Hyperpower" to "Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain"] in that one thread that got locked [here]. I can understand why you didn't find it since the thread has more replies than the whole Ariadna forum section [in English]. I would say that Gutier has some Grade A Skub here, but Corvus Belli has since decided to double down on the portrayals of ethnic war and genocide, which are hardly insignificant topics.

Maybe y'all should take a step back and think about that: one thread on the state of Yu Jing fluff has provoked more discussion [1374 replies] than 2 major faction subforms have (Ariadna [1170 replies] and Tohaa [976 replies]).

10. psychoticstorm

I see, it does not say anywhere it was unsanctioned, just that it was the test-bed, I would agree the steel wall could have a passage of itself to be better explained, but unfortunately it does not.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  11. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Thanks for reminding me, it's time for the daily bitching about forum login still not working properly.

Aldo and DFW Ike like this.
  12. DFW Ike

So, you're coming from the "it doesn't say its approved, so it must be approved", while I'm coming from the prosition from the "They distinctly say its approved later (pg. 29), so it must be unapproved before then" standpoint.

I do agree that the whole Steel Wall thing should have had a passage explaining it, but there are quite a lot that CB needs to explain (like why they decided to include acts of ethnic cleansing, a race war, and adding an SS brigade into their setting out of the blue)

13. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

It's actually an SS Division.

Led by a Colonel, for some reason, but a Division.

n#1 Leibstandarte ISS Pol Pot

That has a nice ring to it. I played a tournametn yesterday with these lists, I think I exhausted my nazi joke repertoire

14. psychoticstorm

The point of contention is we disagree that the actions described are of that intensity or out of the blue.

To me given how Yu Jing background is written and how ISS background is written the acts done seem both expected and tame, they could have gone way more than that, now I agree and nobody should disagree the acts are racist, our disagreement is if they go more than that.

Fyeya, saint and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  15. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree that it doesn't seem out of the blue. Yj and iss fluf and a lot of imagery made them seem like not nice no nonsense kind of dudes. One of the in my mind iconic posters for the game is the imperial agent holding the citizen by the face and scanning them. It sort of had a dystopian police state feel to it. I think yu jing was always presented as the darkest shade of gray of all the human factions. To me it all seemed in character.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  16. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

Under the historical communist military organization divisions are actually the size of brigades, they are just called divisions. Not sure if YJ still uses the terminology this way but I know little about the manpower numbers of each unit.

17. DFW Ike

Dystopian police state != ethnic cleansing. All of YJ was towards keeping the state secure and lawful. Why would someone take the time and care to scan each citizen by the face to ENSURE THEY HAVE THE RIGHT CRIMINAL, but also somehow have the same mentality to flood a whole city, or burn a pile of civilians on TV? Those seem at great odds. On one hand, you have this dystopian police state that is very dark, but very lawful and careful, and on the other side you have these big flashy, not-careful things that are not about law and order, but about personal revenge and genocide. How is that keeping in character?

Edit: basically, I'm asking how you equate the police scanning citizens in one book, to having the police leveling whole cities in the next.

xagroth and Aldo like this.
  18. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Because the police are 1) at a minimum a paramilitary force, if not a full army and 2) in the middle of a civil war, fighting against an enemy wholly enmeshed within and hiding amongst the civilian population. Add in the fact the “police” are the internal security force of an authoritarian and totalitarian state, and it can be fairly simple to see.

19. DFW Ike

I still don't see the connection at all.

Will Mossad flood Jerusalem just because there are some Palestinian terrorists there? Because that's what's happening here. The Japanese are still Yu Jing Citizens until the end of the book when Yu Jing accepts O-12's accord.

You don't go from "scanning each citizen in the face" directly to "destroy whole city of citizens", particularly since dealing with civilians IS THEIR JOB, and they have YEARS of experience at it.

This leap seems absurd.

Edit: A Mão Esquerda: Please give me locations in the fluff where this leap is spelled out.

xagroth, Triumph and Aldo like this.
  20. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

@DFW Ike first I just said what my interpretation is. For me personally I don't have much experience with police in full military gear grabbing my face and scanning me. If that were to start happening where I lived I'd assume some serious shit was going down and bad things were coming. From my understanding totalitarian regimes and dictators aren't kind to rebellions especially ones that use terrorist tactics. So a militarized police force in full combat gear checking civilians makes me think police state and then I look at who the police work for and it's an authoritarian government so I imagine they would be pretty no nonsense and even brutal to those going against the party. Idk if its stated in the fluff but I'd assume YJ media is controlled by the gov so they don't have to worry about public opinion especially if there is only an election when an emperor dies.

Dude likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation