1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

The Expanse is canceled, long live The Expanse!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Icchan, May 12, 2018.

1. Red Harvest

Red Harvest River Cool is where I belong

And it, Ravenloft -- the module and the setting, was all garbage, like everything else from the Hickmans. Pure railroading, story-telling garbage. Not that I have a strong opinion one way or the other. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

The Roci is listed as 1:500 scale. The Stealthship is 1:1000. I suppose one could ask if it was possible to get an enlarged version. Scaling up a digital file should not be too tough. ( I guess.)

There is an Expanse board game. From WizKids. Anyone played it?

2. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Scaling the file is easy, adjusting the details is a different matter, unless you want a chunky print. Also, at Shapeways, you have to play the optimization game (now with extra guessing) or will pay lots more for 2x size (in some cases 8x, in others and specially with new hidden pricing schema... go figure). Tough times at Shapeways, check the forums, new CEO, lots of things upside down or bad (shipping nightmares...).

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I'd actually rather have a 1:1000 scale Roci. That's the scale for all the small craft in the new Jovian Wars game by DP9. Though I'd play using the Lightning Strike rules instead.

chromedog likes this.
  4. Lothlanathorian

Lothlanathorian Not a custom title

And White Dwarf started as a D&D support mag before Warhammer was a thing, and that was just D&D backwards, as D&D evolved from a larger battle game and Gygax wanted to being able to play as a single soldier with his friends in that battle.

chromedog likes this.
  5. Red Harvest

Red Harvest River Cool is where I belong

Say, here's a link to a quickstarter pdf for The Expanse RPG. http://greenronin.fetchapp.com/permalink/9d9d05 There may also be a crowd-funded project too, that funded rather quickly, but y'know that the forum has rules about linking to such things. Green Ronin is behind it. You can track down the links if you want.

I have no comment about Green Ronin. Or about the Blue Rose RPG. But if you like the AGE system, then maybe you'll like this Expanse RPG.

6. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

There were some kids at school who played it back in the mid 80s when it was newish (the module).
    I didn't (still don't) "do" D&D.

I also know one ex-WHFB Vampire kingdoms player who called his Vamp general "Strahd von Zarovich" who may have played that game, though.

Apart from minor dalliances with mass-battle fantasy R&F games, SF has always been my primary gaming thing.

7. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Season 5 starts filming around Toronto next month, just letting folks know.
    Season 4 airs on the 13th December, Amazon prime (worldwide) - so late 13th/14th for us on the other side of the planet.

8. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Very good news !