1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the end of N3 fav unit thread

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by dhellfox, Jun 8, 2020.

1. HotFreshTofu

HotFreshTofu Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention that in my post. I agree with you, but I rarely need all 6 SWC in Haqq so it simply isn't an issue most of the time.

Xeurian likes this.
  2. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

My favourite sculpts in N3 are the Nomad Bandit and the Bashi Bazouk, both with Boarding Shotgun.

I use the Bandit as a Farzan for my HB and Haqq Vanilla (and another Bandit as ... Bandit in CJC and StarCo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). The Bashi saw use in several sectorials I tried in N3 (StarCo as Spector, as Bashi Bazouk with QK, Druze, Ikari and Dahshat).

3. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

My favourie N3 unit, by sculp and in game is the Hsien Hmg from red veil. Badass sculp and porfile that carried most of my games with ISS and vanilla. Not my most used porfile but the one with more memorable plays for sure.

Honorable mention to my Samaritan on Onix. Protheion + superjump + glass armor mix on very wierd and funny games.

#43 krossaks, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    HotFreshTofu likes this.
  4. Ashtaroth

Ashtaroth Aragoto GP Organizer
    Warcor

On JSA:
    Oniwaban Shinobu Kitsune (as if it wasn't obvious by the profile pic).
    Also, the Aragoto are also super awesome! Specially the Spitfire sculpt.

On Aleph:
    Dakini HMG (the sculpt is really cool, our playgroup calls it the "bucket of bullets", because of the ammunition barrel it has on the back).
    Also Dart, which is what I wanted Shinobu to be, power wise. But the sculpt and profile are wicked cool.

Abrilete likes this.
  5. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Zulu Cobra Spitfire-used-as-a-Shock-MMR and Echo Bravo Combi/Medikit.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  6. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Overall my favourite troop is the Spitfire Prowler be it in terms of the motivation to play him as well as in terms of the design (the old Spitfire looks so much better than the new one). But since the Prowler is a 2nd edition sculpt I choose the new Zoe as my favourite for the looks.

Spitfire_TheCat and inane.imp like this.
  7. Ecthelion

Ecthelion Well-Known Member

As my profile pic would suggest - the Bandit Hacker.

This goes way back to when I first started Infinity. The new hacking rules had just come out, and I was playing against another new player who was running the new Red Veil Yu Jing, including the badass Hsien HMG. He went on a pretty solid run with him (as you do) but made the mistake of parking him way too close to one of my camo tokens.

I walked up to the building with the Hsien on the other side and hacked him, immobilizing him. I then turned the corner, and as he was busy trying to reset, I shot him unopposed with an adhesive launcher. After that, I of course ran up to the helpless dude and started caving in his armor with my DA machete. I still remember my opponent's look of horror and incredulity as he said 'damage WHAT?' and I just grinned and said 'MA2, bro'.

It doesn't end there. The Hsien's armor saved him from being gibbed in one order, which of course was great news for a Bandit. Ruthless scrappy girl that she is, she curbstomped him, took his HMG with Scavenger, and started murdering cheerleaders with it. It was a 200 pt game; it was over.

First time I ran a bandit. For a debut, that made quite the impression. Several years down the line, the Bandit AHD/KHD remains my favorite profile. Pretty sure she's influenced my preferences in Infinity entirely, as my favorite units still tend to be killy midfield toolbox skirmishers.

8. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Miniature-wise... I just like a lot of Infinity minis. No other wargame I know comes closer to my understanding of what a kickass mini is. Guess that's a strong reason why I'm in all this at all.

Gameplay-wise, I like units which express themselves through impactful active abilities rather than through being good at playing by general rules really well. Impersonation, HD, AD, even basic docs and engies, a lot more of all that whacky stuff. Another reason why I'm here is that Infinity has a lot of these units that sort of break rules by which everyone else play.

Unfortunately, it all leads to some subjective issues when it all clashes with unforgiving and swingy nature of Infinity matches, leading to all these nuanced personalities with detailed equipment we have as units to often do nothing or dying horribly trying to change that. Truly a tragedy of war, lol.

Abrilete likes this.
  9. Sim198k

Sim198k New Member

I really like the new Naga sniper model, such a great, fluid pose and sassy attitude ❤️

Devil_Tiger likes this.
  10. Swiftage

Swiftage Well-Known Member

It's so hard to pick just one, but certainly I think my favourite acquisition has been the ITS female ABH sniper. Mainly because I started with N3 & it was only a couple of months later that the mini went OOP before I realised. I finally found one around 3 years later. Fluff, background & even usefulness on the table may not be all that, but she's still the pride of my collection & a great mini too.

#50 Swiftage, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  11. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Oh man there are so many.
    Bolts and the Anaconda got me into the game. I love everything about both of those units and use them every chance i can.
    the most recent sculpts that i would consider my favorites are
    Tac Bow Ninja
    Ayaar
    Shikami (with big hat)
    Raicho
    Szalamandra
    LE CSU Icestorm

Runners up:
    Druze hacker
    New Kaplan
    CSU with pistol

12. Zmaj

Zmaj Active Member

Prowler with Spitfire got me into Nomads and Infinity in general. I actually use him in Countermeasures and Highly Classified and he always scores those Veteran and MI objectives (never got to plant his D-Charges for Sabotage cose he's too slow) but funnily enough never does much shooting. I hope they do something with him in N4 because there isn't much point in taking him over Heckler RF.

#52 Zmaj, Jul 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  13. KwarkyMats

KwarkyMats Well-Known Member

Way too many, so I'll list a few of them!
    Govad HMG - I just really dig the coat paired with the visor and the general Haqqislam near future look.

All the Haqq S5 big boys. - The Azra'il and Maggie got me into Infinity and Haqqislam and then Red Veil got released giving us the new Al Fasid sculpt. This obviously made me very happy.

Talking about Red Veil, I initially wasn't too hot on the Yuan Yuan, but after this performance in a few games, he really grew on me. His highlight is killing around 140 points of Reverends in a single game. This guy has a huge kill list and as such I painted his gun in gold and silver. I know, tacky, but the man deserves his bling.

14. Ecthelion

Ecthelion Well-Known Member

I'm just dipping into Ikari and finally seeing what the fuss is about concerning Yuan Yuan. These dudes just don't give a crap. They're so much fun to use and exert a crazy amount of pressure during deployment which is already intense with way too many things to worry about. I'd say they're worth it just for the psychological effects.

A gold-plated gun might be tacky, but it's also exactly what a crazed lunatic of a space pirate would do if you paid him for his ridiculous kill count. So if anything, it would fit right into the fluff.

KwarkyMats and Willen like this.
  15. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

O12? Omega FO. There is nothing this guy can't do...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation