1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The definite N4 Comments, Suggestions, Ideas, wishlist's and Bugs that need fixing thread

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Same reason why the SHIELD programs don't work, you need to be targeted in order to declare them.

2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Yup. It's a mess.

Zewrath and theradrussian like this.
  3. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

That's why all of the "exploits" of Reset involve either two models or a hacker in your zone of control behind you: You get an ARO to either Reset or Change Facing, before you're attacked, and then the active model choses the other option. (Then you get into the mixed-stealth ARO forcing...)

That's what made the defensive hacking device so disappointing, and why the improvement was a device that had sixth sense--if you Idle or Move first, the defensive hacking device holder has to declare Reset, and all of the Shield programs are useless. :(

Berjiz, Barrogh and Hecaton like this.
  4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Right now the problem with Symbiobombs is that, when used for healing, they might or not work, and you only get one chance. They are incredibly cheap for the utility they provide, but many times you don't even get the chance to use them.

Giving them more utility would be nice, even if it made them more expensive.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  5. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you need something to provoke an ARO in the first place? And when you have it, pretty sure you can already declare something else that will make you drop HD.

To clarify, by "lifting Reset requirements" I don't mean allowing to bypass reactive activation, only what happens next.

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Engineer doesn't function quite like you imply it does, Revitalis is strictly better because it doesn't damage the TAG if failed and you don't need to move an Engineer up to do it, but again from the perspective of the Gorgos being an Escape System TAG it would probably work pretty okay as long as SymbioBombs actually had something going for them over SymbioMates and if the Gorgos wasn't quite so expensive.

7. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

?

I wasn't implying anything about Engineers, I was just complaining about the "just one chance" functionality of the Symbiobombs.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  8. Barrogh

Speaking of which, since Tohaa gets native Pheroware these days, what would you say of Kumotails getting profile with Revitalis?

WiT? and Berjiz like this.
  9. Mahtamori

Yes, and that's implying the alternative you stated you wanted is more than one chance, which it isn't because of the damage mechanic typically resulting in the attempt only being made on a unconscious TAG that'll be Dead if you roll 14+. Effectively that's a little worse than "one shot"
    The issue with Revitalis is that it only works on the user themselves and only works on Symbionts with 2+ wounds.

It would be very interesting if it could be used as a one-shot no-reuse revive of a Symbiont targeting a model in ZoC.

10. Barrogh

Oof. I thought that's how it worked. The more you know, I guess.
    But indeed, the idea is there.

11. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

All Tohaa computers are meat based. Their hacking device is literally a ball of meat.

Re: Fixing the gorgos, Simplest thing would just be to change the way fire damages Symbionts. make it function like T2 and you make the Gorgos and Ectros better, and the 1 Wnd Symbionts worse. Which is probably what needs to happen for the faction.

12. Spellbreaker90

Spellbreaker90 Well-Known Member

Or even easier they could just give Gorgos some rule like BIGGER SYMBIO this guy threath fire as normal and call it a day.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  13. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

We could give the Gorgos Immunity (Fire) but I prefer changing the symbionts vs. fire rule for a few reasons:
    • It creates a more linear progression. Each level of symbiont gets gradually better against fire.
    • The Gorgos and Ectros would both benefit while still being scared of fire on the game table.
    • The Smaller Symbionts that are generally considered extremely good get a tiny bit worse.
    • It doesn't introduce a new version of a special rule to the game it just revises already existing ones.

14. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I dunno about that. being able to block LOF is really important.

15. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

CB, please fix the terms for weapons that aren't CC weapons and just call their attacks "Ranged Attacks" instead of BS Attacks, so that we don't have to deal with confusing word salad like "a BS Attack using the BS attribute"

16. Nathonicus

Nathonicus Well-Known Member

I would like to see unconscious models not block movement. I find ‘tactical corpses’ a little immersion-breaking.

17. Mahtamori

Just be glad CB doesn't do realism as a priority, or they would still shoot you. There's a reason why NATO is looking at up-calibering their guns.

Hecaton likes this.
  18. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That was N2, though a 'dead' trooper was still combat ineffective.

19. Spellbreaker90

Spellbreaker90 Well-Known Member

I don't know if someone already wrote this (47 pages are a lot to read) , but I would like something to better balance the order gained from Higher costing unit and low cost unit. Something that makes 1 single BG list more viable. I like the approach of ITS11 giving TAC.AWA. to Tag, but I think HI over a certain point cost need something like this too.

Cthulhu363 and Hecaton like this.
  20. SpectralOwl

You are not alone in desiring a more even playing field for more elite lists.

I think the solution may be disincentivising order spam/warband spam/camo spam instead of providing more orders to elites, however. Games are easier to understand and to fit into the schedule when they are shorter. Ideas like increasing the cost of an order, regular or irregular, and removing/reducing discounts like Fury have been floated in the past. Lower-order Infinity would probably also require changes to a lot of other things, like Camo and Impersonation being order sinks in active no matter how good the equipment countering them is, and baseline ARO potential would need a boost to prevent Rambo strategies wrecking a whole team on turn 1.

Hecaton and toadchild like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation