1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The definite N4 Comments, Suggestions, Ideas, wishlist's and Bugs that need fixing thread

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Because they're far less effective at doing their primary job: slowing down your opponent's movement.

Being less effective at the thing a game element is supposed to do = nerf. You can argue whether it's an absolute nerf or a relative nerf if you want; but that's not my point, my point is that Active Turn Dodges resulting in Movement makes deployables weaker as a defensive tool.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Want to bet whether they address the Dodge-into-Trigger-Area quantum shenaniganery in N4 or not? If not, that'll just make it an even stronger mine nerf :)

3. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Deployables waste at least half of a short skill because you have to move + dodge through them. If you can still move on a dodge, you're losing less movement, or depending on the C1/N4 implementation of Kinematica, not losing any movement at all.

Stiopa likes this.
  4. inane.imp

And for 6-2 + Kinematica HI you potentially GAIN movement.

OTOH there's possibly a semi hidden balance point.

If you look at the Quick Start rules for Code One the Restriction for Dodge is that you need LOF to an Enemy trooper (or be B2B). Even allowing for that to include Hostile Markers it means that you can't declare Dodge pre-emptively. So you'd need see the Mine after the first Short Skill to be able to Dodge as the second. Also it means that Perimeter Items (as they're defined right now) don't fulfil the Requirements of Dodge. This opens up a lot more options for how you layer defences.

Now clearly we can't make any conclusions at this time (it's entirely possible that's not the Dodge skill in full), which is a lot of the reason why I'm on the fence about the changes. But it does show that there are lots of options to keep it simple and still limit the impact of active turn Dodges on Deployables as defensive tools.

5. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

Just a thought. When you give spec ops a weapon, it would feel a little more thematic if they lost their rifle. It’s weird to have a model running around with an hmg and a combi rifle. Or a rocket launcher, rifle, light shotgun, pistol, and assault pistol. Maybe primary weapons that replace the original rifle could be a point or two cheaper. Maybe sidearms that replace the pistol could be a point cheaper.

6. SpectralOwl

In all seriousness, this actually isn't too weird; I know that at least the US military was/is looking into issuing carbines as sidearms to machine guns or sniper rifles, instead of using pistols. And in Infinity terms that rifle gives you excellent rangeband coverage and Suppressive Fire even if your new primary weapon doesn't, which can be incredibly handy for all kinds of things.

7. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

I would actually like it if kinematica was worthwhile. In N3 if i see it on a profile i'm like "Nice to have, i guess." It could use the upgrade to "That's cool!"

So far i actually like what i see\hear of CodeOne\N4. (Even though i do know it is still mostly speculation till the full rules drop)

SpectralOwl likes this.
  8. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

If we want to be optimistic the exact timing of the dodge move we have in the quickstart rules could be a clue here. They could simply exclude the effects timing from the mine triggers and the problem would be gone.

9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

That's funny, I already see it that way on almost any troop that has it. I would really love it on certain troops like the Bandit.

10. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

I love the idea of the sniper, particularly TO multisniping super stealth ‘ninja’s of the future, one of the reasons i chose Aleph. However paying a quarter of your SWC vs a sixth for a HMG, the best gun in the game, makes you feel, you’re gimping yourself, when taking it.

loricus likes this.
  11. inane.imp

I agree: Dakinis should absolutely pay 1.5SWC for the HMG [emoji14]

12. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I finally thought of something and hope it hasn't already been said. i'm not going to go through 115 pages.

Since they seem to be simplifying some skills. I'd like the Doctor/Paramedic skills to become one. To become Doctor and Doctor +3.

Paramedics essentially get the current doctor skill (no more of using the subjects PH at -3). And existing Doctors all gain a +3 to the Doctor skill. So they become Doctor and Doctor +3. Don't worry Haqq guys, you still have the advantage on doctors just by the sheer amount of them you can take and higher than average WIP. Whereas say Yu Jing only has one Doctor and a few Paramedics and other factions are close to the same.

I'd even be happy if they made it Doctor -3/Doctor. At least WIP tends to be higher than PH.

Florian Hanke, Hecaton and Mahtamori like this.
  13. Mahtamori

What if Paramedic and Doctor were both WIP to recover, but Doctor allows Command Token use to re-roll? PH-3 is for when you shoot people with a "medical" dart or for people with Medikit but lacking the skills

14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Might work too. But the main thing is to turn two into one! But I like the simplicity of just getting a +X. Simple and straightforward. Using a Command token makes you go to look up command tokens! ;)

Hecaton likes this.
  15. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

If the goal is simplicity then yeah, doctors having a reroll is good, but since that presently relies on cubes all Ariadna doctors are somewhat downgraded over paramedics. Maybe paramedics could just lose the -3 in b2b, so it's target ph?

It gets wordy though if the idea is also to shorten skills to be more immediate on the profile. Medic (Target PH), Medic (User WIP), Medic Plus (User WIP+3), etc. But some skills just won't get easy.

Maybe cubes could now allow up to two rerolls a use, and no cube is just one reroll?

If doctors got +3 to their WIP, maybe doctor plus gets a free reroll?

#2295 Del S, Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  16. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

One of the issues for me is that it's currently inconsistent when you get to reroll. It applies for Doctors, but not medikits, automedikits, or regeneration. I'd be happy to see that streamlined in the new edition so that all forms of healing are treated more equivalently.

Xeurian and Space Ranger like this.
  17. inane.imp

Healing never killing the Trooper would fit with that.

Paramedic = target PH
    Dr = user WIP
    Medkit = -3 MOD but can be used at range
    Regen & Automedkit combined into 1 skill that uses users PH

Cube allows Rerolls on all 'healing' tests.

Simples?

This, incidentally, would buff lower burst higher lethality weapons over HMGs. High burst weapons are very effective at doing 1 wound, but with better / easier healing you want to do multiple wounds a lot of the time as knocking Unc doesn't remove the threat.

Also, a good reason to nerf / entirely remove Shock as an insta-kill effect.

18. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

The only problem with paramedic = target PH and Dr = WIP is that paramedics will actually be better at healing HIs in many cases.
    In JSA for example a Keisotsu Paramedic will heal a Domaru or Daiyokai on 14s while a Tokusetsu Doctor will do it on 13s.

Berjiz and the huanglong like this.
  19. Mahtamori

Unless Paramedic is part of the Doctor levelled skill ;)

Space Ranger, dhellfox, Del S and 2 others like this.
  20. inane.imp

Why is this a problem?

PH14 + Paramedic costs more than a WIP13 Dr.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation