1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Crooked Grin Of Corregidor: Tactica

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by GHoooSTS, Feb 9, 2018.

1. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

:+1:

And yeah they're a top tier unit imo.

2. fez_the_druid

fez_the_druid Member

I love the bandit, depending on the mission, one of the hacker profile always finds it into my list!

loricus likes this.
  3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Points permitted I like the Combi but I often end up with the Killer Hacking Device to give a bit of protection to my Wildcat Assault Hacker.

4. herod1204

herod1204 Knight of Santiago

Thankyou for reminding me I need to paint mine up! I need to get my Corregidor sorted out.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

fez_the_druid and loricus like this.
  5. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

I've absolutely fallen in love with this as the basic building block for Corregidor lists:

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1 | [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] SEÑOR MASSACRE Breaker Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Adhesive Launcher, Panzerfaust / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 13)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] BANDIT Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 25)​
    GROUP 2 | [​IMG]5
    [​IMG] INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)
    [​IMG] MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)​
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    3 SWC | 192 Points | Open in Infinity Army
    Complete the Jaguar core with whichever profile you want, depending on points/SWC, then either add a Wildcat Haris with Lt and HRL, McMurrough, a Gecko, whatever! The Jag Core, Bandit, and Intruder provide three very strong attack pieces, and the Morans and Transductors alone give you a ton of options in the reactive turn. The Jag core absolutely needs all three types of Jaguar in there, but the 4th Jaguar gives you some customization room. Would recommend against downgrading Massacre to a BSG, because you need a burst 4 weapon in the link. Full credit for the original idea should go to Seth Hancock on FB.

I've run it with 2x Bandits, McMurrough, Gecko, and I'm gonna try Intruder Lt and Hellcat soon. Can't recommend this enough for someone looking for the basis of a high order count, flexible list. You really really want to keep the Intruder in the second pool with all the stuff that's in there to power him, and let the primary pool power the Bandit/Jag core. You can easily pretty much table someone in the first turn if you're not careful.

For a long time I've been struggling to find a Corregidor list I like. I don't like the Alguacil link, because it wants to do too many things and is kinda bad at all of them. StarCo does Brigada better IMO, and I'm still pretty clumsy with the Wildcat core. The Jaguar core is pure, unadulterated face punching goodness, and damn are they good at it. They're also a terror to dislodge because they can stop CC monsters like Devil Dogs and Yojimbo, and they have DTW for any ODD/TO nonsense, can handle TAGs/HI with ADHL and E/M, the list goes on.

Here are some examples of the core of the list in action:
    I've got another Transmission Matrix game versus Tohaa that I'm writing up still, but the results are basically the same as from Fight of the Intruder. I'm sure I'll try other stuff, especially the Wildcat core, but this list fits like a glove and I wanted to share the wealth with the rest of the Bromad Nation. Hope you Bromads find this useful!

#85 WiseKensai, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    jimbo slice, Q.A.I., Vakarian and 2 others like this.
  6. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I really need to crack out the Wildcat Haris more, it's pretty great.

loricus likes this.
  7. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I still haven't gotten around to using them but I've been taking 4 Wildcats just to get 2 B DTW in my DZ plus SS2 AHD plus Lt., and one game I had the spare SWC for a Spitfire. At one point sending the 3 up (leaving Lt. behind) was by far my best choice and was very successful.

I'm seeing their use now but I think it's something I wouldn't use unless I know the mission. If I have a plan. Usually it would be "turn 2 or 3 I send them to secure objective then defend with DTW". Frankly they don't even need the Spitfire although it adds a lot. I would consider them a feature to move power to later turns, and to defend the DZ on turn 1, not unlike the Gecko.

edit: I would only not put the Spitfire if you have a Spitfire or HMG on a Hellcat. If you need a horizontal gunner and they're stuck with Combis and no backup they might not be able to move.

8. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I like Spitfires (or Red Furys, or FAL2 Mk12s etc) and MSRs the most out of all the SWC type of guns tbh, so I'd probably go with the Spitfire myself, but the HRL is probably a very strong option too.

9. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I'm a HMG guy myself. Most fights I have with SWC weapons happen at 16-32. It's why Reaction Zonds see more game time then Tsyklons and why I'm one of the few people who like the TM HMG (well, it seems like it anyway).

Inside 16 I lean hard on Combi and Multi Rifles or set up shotgun/DTW engagements.

When I first played Wildcats I played them as my go to attack piece with a Spitfire as the lead attacker: I found that I struggled to really leverage it. I'm looking forward to trying them again more defensively, fosusing on HRL+AHD... but Bakunin/StarCo/Vanilla/Tunguska is keeping me busy.... Hmmm. I really should sell my Yu Jing.

10. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

HMGs are very good but I like the Spitfire because it's dominant within and without rifle and HMG range, and if I want to outrange enemy heavy weapons then I prefer the MSR to the HMG, because that can outrange HMGs as well. It's also more reactively deadly too, which is cool.

I think the Taskmaster HMG is good, I just massively prefer the flexibility of those other profiles. I can't see myself ever taking the TM HMG in Vanilla either, not next to the mighty Kriza Borac. But that's definitely not Corregidor relevant haha.

11. inane.imp

The issue is that MSRs (even linked) aren't ideal for fighting linked MSRs/MLs. Whereas a HMG - assuming everything else is equal - is almost inevitably better. I prefer not directly fighting key ARO pieces, but occasionally it's just the easiest way. And you're right, Kriza are ideal for this in Vanilla.

Re: Corregidor.

This means that a Spitfire/MSR SWC split needs options for dealing with oppressive AROs on long firelanes. In my meta.

This can be a combination of Smoke, and push the Spitfire forward (which is great for Tsyklons, less so for the Wildcat link). Enter from the side (Hellcat). Or push Camo into their faces (Bandits). Or use Smoke+MSV to isolate a second link member (Intruder + opponent's mistake).

12. WiseKensai

Warcor

MSRs are funny guns. Coming back to playing Nomads/CJC after playing FRRM and Haqq really makes me sad whenever I spend 1.5 SWC on a MSR. It's a lot of SWC to be spending on a relatively unimpressive chassis like the Alguacil, even linked, so then you're looking at buying something like an Intruder MSR (which I absolutely love), which is also pretty squishy. I also generally have never really been satisfied with the performance of defensive link teams, but that's of course just my perception and playstyle.

Intruder MSRs are even more vulnerable to crits than HMGs because you can't go crit fishing effectively yourself, and I'm always too afraid to leave them out in ARO (and my opponents are savvy enough to use B5 weapons against it, which will generally kill anything). There are games where I wish I had an MSR instead of a HMG, but those are pretty rare these days. My experience has been that B4 with mod stacking is sufficient to deal with most threats, even those that are in good range for both parties.

I think MSRs really shine in particular terrain configurations, but can be quite terrible in others, so in general Spitfires and HMGs are more useful on average. I will say that as of late one of my favorite uses for them has been to stun things with total immunity though. That's pretty entertaining. Talk about a "flash pulse," haha!

13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

On the active turn, I like MSRs because they allow the outranging of HMGs. And that's very useful to me. I love my Moira Sniper for that in Bakunin, Spektr in Vanilla and soon probably Tunguska too, and the Intruder in Vanilla/CJC, just allows me to pick off anything from so far back and with serious BS mods to any incoming fire.

Reactively, a Sniper outside 32" of any stripe is tricky to deal with, with a BS mod if you don't have MSV they're very tricky to deal with indeed. Even a 5 man, say, Rodok link shooting a HMG at my Moira outside 32" is -9 to hit, 3s, and that's a powerful link I face relatively often.

Snipers are useful on the active at less than 32" but a HMG is probably better, yes. Outside though? MSR all the way.

14. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Can confirm I intensely dislike that Moira sniper, and even less in a link (not that you can take it in corregidor but instead get that Intruder you use as a crutch :p ), In that particular link it leaves me trying to get rid using the ML which is a much less comfortable experience than drowning it in burst

15. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I'll stop taking INTRUDER ALERT when he stops being good i.e. never

Q.A.I. and loricus like this.
  16. inane.imp

Unless you’re running dual MSR a Moira link should have a B5 Gun and a MSR. So the HMG fights the linked ML inside 32” or the MSR from outside 40”.

Or, you just ignore it and smoke and push buttons and force him to fight your MSR(s).

But yes: Grrls are better.

McNamara and loricus like this.
  17. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I find Intruder MSR more often useful than the HMG in a typical list. The main reason to use the HMG is if you need it for reactive links.

18. WiseKensai

Warcor

I suppose it's probably a meta thing. I rarely get the opportunity to shoot at an HMG from outside 32"--either it's outside of 32" and prone behind something deep inside my opponent's deployment zone, so I'll go dig it out with something else, or it's far enough up that it's in 32" after I get into the required firing position. My opponents know that I prioritize dismantling links so they've started hiding their HMGs and Spitfires.

Are people leaving out their HMGs to ARO stuff against you? That's so weird to me.

19. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

There are also HRL and Feuerbach. Plus TR bots.

inane.imp and WiseKensai like this.
  20. inane.imp

Flash Pulses, Panzerfausts and Blitzen as well.

Often it will only kill 0-1 thing against an experienced opponent but the threat of it will dictate his Deployment.

They can also pair really well with Bandits / Hellcat BSGs.

Order 1. Smoke Intruder.
    Order 2/3. Execute Flash Pulsers covering the approach to the defensive fire team.
    Order 4-x. Kill 2 link members with your Shotgun. Stripping SSL2 / +3 bonus for a Link.
    Order X+1. Fight the ARO ML/MSR through Smoke with Surprise Shot if necessary.

I've got a whole StarCo list primarily based around that 1-2.

Corregidor doesn't get it, but the exception to the 'they don't really kill that much' are infiltration MSRs and Caterans who can quite often get into places where they can find gaps in even a highly conservative Deployment.

loricus likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation