1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Crooked Grin Of Corregidor: Tactica

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by GHoooSTS, Feb 9, 2018.

1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

The Brigada BSG was because they Dunn goofed. When CB considers a Sectorial done they don't really revisit it. ISS is the only real exception which has seen a trickle of updates (Bounty Hunters, CSU and Lunch).

2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

They do whatever they want.

McNamara and inane.imp like this.
  3. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

This won;t happen. Brigadas stay as is in Corregidor and that because we just got new army where they have a different fireteam composition. It's more like "want to play Brigadas differently? Go StarCo" and adding all these goodie goodie options to good ol' Corregidor would render StarCo rather uninterresting.

I would assume that we will see some Corregidor action in two-three years. Big comeback once Tunguska and then Baku get their fill.

Call it a hunch.

4. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

At least StarCo can't do 5 Brigada. I'm not really playing them on either team though.

5. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Full HI core links are much more resilient, that`s a big thing in my book.

6. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Rethinking a lot of stuff got an idea for this:
    [​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]4
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)

0.5 SWC | 82 Points

Open in Infinity Army
    Basically just as a SS2 AHD, Lt. fulfillment with decoy and a spare guy for a B2 DZ LFT. Everything I want out if them doesn't need the BS bonus. To be paired with repeater heavy force as noone but Corregidor/Vanilla could do, the SS2 prevents stealth from bypassing the repeaters, if they reset all your hackers go off. Also KHD can't surprise shot.

7. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

Might as well swap a Combi/LFT with a BSG to save a couple of points and add some flexibility.

Off Topic: I did a CJC breakdown a couple of years ago. Since the faction hasn't changed much it should still be mostly relevant. It's less in depth than what is here, and I mainly play Vanilla now, so it probably won't be updated, but here it is if anyone is interested.

Edit: I don't give 2 f**ks about page views and the like, so feel free to ignore it. I wrote it to a, help me evaluate every unit, and b, help me process and remember the information by writing it down, but definitely not to be internet famous.

#47 wellspokenman, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    loricus likes this.
  8. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Unless I'm using a Spitfire aggressive link I want the LFT for the DZ.

9. wellspokenman

Fair enough. I've been a fan of Stun grenades since they helped me gun down a rampaging Shinobu. At LFT range that Wildcat will be hitting with a BSG on 19s with 3 shots. It won't be of use against Camo though, so if that's what you are worried about the LFT makes sense. The deployable repeater could be useful for the AHD, but that is probably too situational to really matter.

10. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I don't plan on ever spending an order on repositioning them so whatever I give them needs to work from the DZ, that's all.

BTW skimmed the guide I think it's pretty good. I liked the idea of Haris HRL/Lt. but didn't because of the SWC. But for some reason there was a logic gap and I wasn't comparing the SWC of the alternative Alguacil Lt. Might use it a bit more now.

Kind of wish Wildcats had higher AVA like Bolts and Muyib I don't think anyone could argue it would be unfair but I could have fun with it.

wellspokenman likes this.
  11. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

BSG is almost as good and in some ways better. You should be B2 on 19s before mods, even a Spektr Surprise Shotting you is still fighting B2 7s.

Another option would be an Engineer (sat near a REM). Upgrading a Wildcat to an Engineer is ~Zondbot cost and would pair quite neatly with an off-table Tomcat Engineer to repair things outside your DZ.

All that being said, I still think you’d be better off adding in a HRL and thinking of it as a defensive Core. REMs are SWC cheap, so you should have SWC spare.

You can happily add a Tsyklon/Reaktion, 2 x Morans, and still have 1.5 SWC.

12. SuperD

SuperD Well-Known Member

I've had a ton of fun in the last half dozen games with this is as a general "take-all-comers" list for a variety of different scenarios. It plays how I envision Corregidor in my head... almost like Ariadna (but with Intruders), simple and blunt with lots of close combat and fire.

The 2x wildcats HRLs additional weapons tax really hurts but it's similar to taking an Alguacile lieutenant. It then allows me to play the wildcats very defensively which improves my lieutenant's survivability to no end... I don't normally take the Number 2 or the shotgun profiles as I find the flamers/lieutenant decoys more useful.

At first I was a little hesitant about playing Nomads without true hacking but it's been surprisingly punchy and has toppled MO knights and a Charontid without hacking support.

The 2x bandits haven't really paid off yet but they're simply some of my favourite models/profiles so I keep trying them out! Swapping one for a Moran (and dropping the panzerfaust for SWC) is probably a better play but I just love mid-field camo tokens a little too much. Mcmurrough with 4 regular orders is just the right amount to be annoying but I find he often needs just one more for true carnage which pairs well with the assessment of swapping a bandit for a Moran and dropping the panzerfaust for a second flash pulse bot.

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (2 | 20)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (2 | 20)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] TOMCAT Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    [​IMG] BANDIT Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] BANDIT Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] McMURROUGH 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Templar CCW (AP + DA). (0 | 31)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Adhesive Launcher, Panzerfaust / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 13)
    [​IMG] DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Elric of Grans and loricus like this.
  13. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

@SuperD Looks great. If you end up with a Moran consider the Wildcat AHD. SS2 AHD can add a lot to a repeater and is a hacking feature Corregidor does better than any other.

The Moran could also go in group 2 so you can choose between grabbing a few objectives or using McMurrough. That way when and if McMurrough doesn't want to come out you can keep the orders doing something useful. I wouldn't do this with a Bandit because you want all regular orders for McMurrough.

14. SuperD

SuperD Well-Known Member

I did take the AHD wildcat quite a few times when I tried the more typical spitfire/HRL link. She wasn't bad in that the threat of an immobilization through a Moran was a big deterrent and the SS2 and BTS6 was massive in deflecting KHDs however she was a weak point in that she opened up the link to all sorts of annoying isolation/immobilization AROs but couldn't do much about it in return. With 2x HRLs I'm not going to be activating the link very often so maybe it's a good idea to get her back in.

15. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

@SuperD yeah I had the same problem as a mobile link but as a DZ link it hasn't been a problem. And when they can't actually sneak stealth armor or hackers past the repeater it's great, a lot of people rely on that.

16. wellspokenman

I preferred a Moran over the second Bandit, and I never used the Jag ADHL outside a link, but this is pretty close to what I ran as well. I found with McMurrough that leaving him somewhere really inconvenient for your opponent was often more useful than killing things with him outright. Imo, McMurrough is at his best eating your opponents orders, not necessarily their troops. CJC is pretty squishy. I found Morans and some kind of eminent threat like Massacre or Mac to be key to keeping your opponent from tearing you up.

17. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

@wellspokenman I like the unlinked Jag but the point is the Panzerfaust. Low low cost for a easy to deploy long range ARO that requires all the same attention to remove anyways. With a Panzerfaust they need to move a sniper or HMG to remove it, or throw smoke to get around, but it hardly touches your resources. Unlike most long range AROs if they get under range you still have a OHKO ARO. Plus it is great for combined orders.

18. wellspokenman

Never cared for the SWC cost or the lack of smoke on that profile. I don't think it's terrible, I just never really brought it.

19. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Most long range ARO guys cost SWC and don't have smoke. Just isn't similar to the other Jaguars.

If they didn't cost SWC I would take at least 2 if not more most games.

Rubberpiggy likes this.
  20. wellspokenman

Generally I felt I had enough long range AROs and would rather spend the .5 SWC on a Moran. I agree that without the SWC cost I would definitely take him.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation