1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That plastic Vostok...

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Lucian, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Not exactly about Vostok, but on other CB non-metal miniatures:

I have unpacked my first non-metal Aristeia models yesterday (Reckless Hearts, i.e. Hippolyta & Axl Steel. They're for the Aleph / Steel Phalanx army I'm painting for a local player: the most feasible way to get Hippolyta - and axl will make do as a HVT).

In my eyes the quality is comparable to their metal models, despite the two being single-piece cast (either that, or they were assembled before packaging...). The only issue I can see is Hippolyta's sword being slightly bent downwards (in metal, I'd simply straingten it and not even mention it, here, it keeps returning to that slightly bent shape. I'll have to try applying some hot water).
    Effectively no flash, and mould lines barely noticeable under inspection.

In my eyes
    , the quality is absolutely satisfactory, up to the standard I have expected form CB.
    So, CB - if you could keep it to this level with Vostok / Bearpode / other new models, I wouldn't mind, absolutely. Regardless of what kind of plastic are you going to use.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Yeah, calling BS on that. Your very first picture has a huge ass mould line across the whole front leg, left there and you primed over it. Your definition of a high standard for models surely doesn't match mine and a nicely painted Octavia doesn't change a thing.

Elessar likes this.
  3. Nuada Airgetlam

The later PVC A! models were pretty decent, but I hope you never have to paint the early ones, like the soap faced Gata.

4. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

He's been informed, apparently my time estimate was off, he did it in five minutes to have ready for a throw down. He'll fix it next time he's around. I'm concerned about infantry too but there is a reason they're starting with bigger stuff first, hyped for the Bearpode to arrive even if I need to get replacement parts sent.

I honestly didn't look too closely, I took these after I finished my morning work out. Again, brothers model not mine that he put together in a rush. But it's not like either of those things can't be fixed in about a minute.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  5. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

If that's your standard, I apparently have to send back 90% of the metal models I get from CB. Almost every model I've gotten has some spot where I have to shave down a mold line flush to an armor panel. It's usually still semi-visible after priming, even though it's flush to the touch, but disappears after painting.

6. Nuada Airgetlam

That's a non-sequitur, mate. If the material was as easy to work with as metal, 90% of the Vostok issues would not exist or be extremely easy to remove. As is, they exist and are a chore to remove because you cannot file, you cannot scrape, only thing you can reliably do is cut and it's very easy to make marks that you then can't really remove or find the lines and mould shift in places you cannot reach.

Unless they've really improved the way they do Siocast (and I know it's possible, I've seen good Siocast models from other companies!), the Bearpode and its pouches / soft and hard armor will be an absolute nightmare to work with.

7. Morray

Morray Well-Known Member

Right or left leg? I'm looking at my miniature right now scratching the old head here...

My standards do actually speak for themselves. I predict that if these are good enough for me, then they're more than good enough for you...

Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  8. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

I would actually love a all in one with higher material Aristeia! minis, plastic even. Though it will never happen - the core set minis are just not good. :(

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  9. Billy

Billy Member

My core and early expansions aren't good. They do get noticeably better though in the later expansions. I still wouldn't want my full blown infinity models to be that quality though.

I should clarify my issues with the Vostock aren't that mould lines exist etc. It's that fixing those issue is significantly harder than on metal. On the Vostock with its flat panels that is mostly okay - on the bearpode? Not happening!

Hopefully the bearpode is the quality of the Jackbots rather than the Vostock.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  10. Nuada Airgetlam

The fact that I can see this many issues clear as day on this shit quality blurry picture and you can't see them in person speaks volumes about what's "good enough for you". It's definitely nowhere close to "good enough for me" and these are the exact same issues people have been pointing out this whole thread.

FFS, you or your buddy didn't even remove the huge ass vent mark and glued the model sideways on the base. I do not think I'm really going to trust your eye for detail, mate. You're either trolling hard or legally blind.

[​IMG]

Elessar likes this.
  11. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

@Nuada Airgetlam , Morray is asking about the vostok in these pics, not the one you posted from someone else.

12. Morray

Morray Well-Known Member

Jesus, are you always like this? I'd seek some help mate, you honestly sound like some other shit is going on in your life, if so I'm sorry chum, it'll get better trust me.

The only thing I have to say is put the time in to get better at painting, then you can start worrying about the miniatures quality. But until you're really good, there's honestly nothing to worry about. I'm very good at painting, and if they're good this end you've got nothing to worry about yet.

Peace. x

13. Nuada Airgetlam

Fair! I mixed up guys who are happy with their models. I was like WHAAAAAAAA, this is what you're so happy with? :D

@Morray
    Ah yes, insinuating mental problems and lack of painting skill as the source of being displeased with the mini quality. Cool story, bruh.

BTW, issues on your model. Enjoy painting! :D

[​IMG]

Elessar likes this.
  14. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Essentially, yes, he is like that like, always. Check his older posts in general.

That's the way things are. Some people have put some other peole on ignore on this forum, because they couldn't have stand them.

15. Morray

Morray Well-Known Member

Sorry matey but what you've zoomed in on there aren't problems. the scratch on the left isn't any where deep enough to be worried about, the gun is straight, your line is off :flushed: the leg is a reflection, the spot in the middle is a join and not a fault, look at the flip side. The only one that is accurate is the small paint gather to the right of the head which I can scrape off but that's me rushing the prime not the model.

If the model is good enough for people that actually need to care about model quality then it's good enough for dudes that don't even paint them/are still learning the basics.

In all honesty if you're having a tough time the DM's are open, I'm here for you, honestly no joke.

16. Nuada Airgetlam

Damn, mate, your skill at self-denial and explaining obvious issues away is amazing. The straight line that follows the straight line detail next to it is "off" but your bent gun is... straight? Amazing skill at denial, indeed.

You don't seem to realize that you're saying "the model is good enough" in a thread chock full of both proof and users saying that it isn't, do you?

Please take your dishonest and fake "concern" and shove it. Who the hell do you think you are to even presume proposing something like that to an absolute stranger. It comes across as nothing else than a belittling sense of superiority. You're not that, dude.

17. Nuada Airgetlam

Always. Every single second. Especially when I'm not.

18. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

According to my last eyeglasses prescription a few months ago there has been some deterioration in the left eye but the right is still holding strong, but thank you for the concern.
    This is a five minute 'put down and play' assembly not a 'i'm going to paint this' assembly I thought it might be a useful thing for people to hear/see that it's not all requesting replacements from CB not that it's Jesus if he where a Vostok. And if you're worried about my Brothers eye for detail... IMG_20211109_121933.jpg IMG_20211109_121852.jpg IMG_20211109_122522.jpg
    I think it's just fine. As for me my basement is much more poorly lit than the workstation where I do final inspection but I still do ok. PXL_20211109_020439836.jpg

Morray and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  19. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Just out of curiosity - @Morray - is that Oktavia you showed a finished mini?...

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Morray and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  20. Morray

Morray Well-Known Member

:joy: How very dare you! Haha. x

1-0

KedzioR_vo likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation