1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That Loving Feeling: VIRD Team 1 at Rumble on Route 66

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by barakiel, Apr 16, 2019.

1. TobyW78

TobyW78 Member

Very insightful discussion, and congratulations on taking 2nd place. I have recently played Varuna in our league and won two of the three games. I struggled with long-range TO camo threats with just one MSV2 model. I forgot about the triangulated fire option with the ZC jammer though. How would you deal with such threats, e.g. Noctifier missile launchers?

barakiel likes this.
  2. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Good question.

It's exactly that phenomenon that made me steer away from Haris, and towards more use of solo Camo and Airborne Infiltration Snake Eaters. Since we obviously lack smoke, being able to maneuver with Camo troops is the second best option for avoiding those lethal TO Camo AROs. Especially since both ALEPH and Vanilla Combined Army / Shasvastii are pretty common opponents, and both have such lethal TO Camo pieces, you definitely don't want one of them catching your Haris team out in the open. But Camo VIRD troops are good at staying out of trouble. Even if you maneuver to gunfight a target, as long as you're a Camo token, the Noctifier still has to declare its presence in ARO and let you know it's there before you even reveal.

If the TO opponent does reveal, you have a lot of options. The Kamau's obviously the best (and I don't just mean the MSV2 either... A Burst 5, BS16 HMG is a great tool too. If that doesn't work out though, Zulu Cobras are lethal. Just be careful though, because you won't have great odds of inflicting the full 2 Wounds necessarily to take those targets out of play. The Posthuman's likely to survive thanks to NWI, and the Noctifier may just choose to go Unconscious and get healed. Being able to push your attack with a Peacemaker or Echo Bravo is a nice way to punish your opponent once they're forced to keep their head down.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation