1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrain files for Cricut/Silhouette?

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by evilmonkey, Dec 1, 2018.

1. evilmonkey

evilmonkey That man over there

I was curious if anyone has any experience designing buildings and other terrain elements that can be cut on a Cricut or Silhouette machine. I remember the awesome laser cut terrain designs from the old forums but sadly my nearest maker space is over an hour away and completely booked solid for the foreseeable future. I am not the most skilled when it comes to designing buildings on computer, I am much better at it using a ruler and pencil. It seems that the Cricut software can import .svg files without a problem but I really don't know how to create said files in the first place. Cutting things the old fashioned way is quite time consuming so I was considering my Cricut Maker as a time saving tool. I am considering using Styrene or basswood since it can cut both easily. Any advice is appreciated as my foamboard buildings and official card terrain will only get me so far.

2. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Somebody on the old forums designed some terrain for the Silhouette and made it downloadable, but haven't seen the dude even open an account on the new ones. I will see if i still have a copy of the files for you, but using them on the Cricut is an exercise left to the reader

Edit: Here's the zip, was exactly where i left it last time, only that Dropbox broke the old link and had to make a new one. Hope it helps.

timberfox, chromedog and Koin-Koin like this.
  3. evilmonkey

Thanks for the files. It is going to be interesting to try and convert them to Cricut files.

4. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

You might like to ask the creator just in case his software has a Cricut export option, who knows? He's the owner of the channel of the videos embedded all over that thread, that should be a start. And maybe he's even made more things.

5. evilmonkey

Thanks for the info. It is definitely worth a shot.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation