1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Templates and dodging

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Rift, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Rift

Rift Member

Reading the template rules I found this

"Troopers affected by a Template Weapon or Equipment can declare Dodge as their second Short Skill or ARO, even if they do not have LoF to the attacker."

My question, what if the attacker is both outside of the enemy LoF and ZoC....what ARO options do you have?

I messed around with a T-Drone and guided munitions and just want to make sure I'm playing it right.

Just as a side point, we assume that you'll still be able to dodge ...FtF vs the T-drone BS (Ph-3 vs BS +6).

Thanks in advance

2. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Outside ZoC or LoF usually gives no ARO options as a baseline. Being under a template allows you to Dodge when you normally wouldn't have been able to... but you are also correct that it would be at a -3 due to no LoF to the attacker.

Section9, Hecaton, Arkhos94 and 2 others like this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

If/when you start using speculative fire, this comes up fairly often. At least when you bring grenade launchers for that 8-16" range sweet spot. You are within ZOC for thrown grenades.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation