1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tao of Tunguska

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by natetehaggresar, Feb 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 1337Bolshevik

1337Bolshevik Let them eat repeaters

Did the zondnautica spitfire drop in price again? It's 30 now.

2. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

motorbikes got cheaper this edition, so ZN got it too

3. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

It's sad that Zondauticas' Spitfire got charged extra swc, but hackers got cheaper so, it might check out. Impetuous hacker is always a nice choice.

4. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

ZN went from LI to MI, and MI heavy weapons usually are 1,5 SWC, that's the only reason (which I always thought was very absurd, SWC cost should be based on the final profile and skills combination, not the unit type)

LaughinGod and csjarrat like this.
  5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

MI does allow them to do a couple more classifieds. But yeah, largely meaningless.

6. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Whats everyone think re:cheerkillers?

7. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

They are great!

A fantastic addition to TJC which allows a cheap but survivable Harris that is excellent at DZ control and midgame attack runs; while freeing up points for top heavy units.

Even the core is interesting if your list can afford to give up a 6S Hacker. TJC has enough Wildcards to open up their potential.

In my games with them, they have performed admirably, the MSV-2 has been the superstar but there is nothing lacking in the others. dodging on 15 is very nice and templates are great for CQC. I've actually been able to bat 3 units with them in CC over the 4-5 games I have run them. One was able to out of LoF dodge into a cheeky walk on Para Commando AP Spitfire and kill him in CC the next turn.

They are one of the more fun units in TJC, and the sectorial is packed with fun to play units.

csjarrat likes this.
  8. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

the cheer killers are so good that securates are like
    CX_u4LuUkAAVF5D.jpg

9. inane.imp

Except for the fact that Sec is still one of the better ways to get an Lt into a list.

They do something different, a lot of times I find myself in list building going "I want to take Cheerkillers but I need Securitate due to my Lt options".

Their lack of a quality aggressive gun is also a structural weakness of their cores: the Grenzer RF doesn't really grab me for the role. Less of an issue for the Haris, particularly if you're using it for clearing out a midfeld.

10. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Yeah I think they complent a Securitate core as a Haris pretty well.

I just wish BJC had something similar, they have a real gap in that price range once you have Zeros already.

11. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

They're fine, the base profiles are great at being DZ roadbumps and with the spec op fill out a nice dirt cheap haris if you dont want to run hollowman. I tried a percy haris with the spec op and the MSV2, wasn't that great, mostly just bounced off of everything, I've been meaning to swap it out for the AP rifle and give it a try.

Ehhhhhh........ not really, I still find myself reaching for the 'tates over the cheerkillers in almost every list just because the 'tate team is more versatile. It allows you to pack a medic to pick up the grenzer, a LT with a decoy and safe place to stuff the interventor to make it a pain in the ass, providing you decide to spend most of your orders first turn developing a repeater net, and thats just the basic config for the team before you start adding in other stuff.

That being said I probably wont run a 'tate assault team ever again when the killers are an option, that being said the assault 'tate team probably isn't that effective in N4 in the first place only packing a HMG which are pretty bad (though the FB is a good option along with grenzer MSR).

E-Warden likes this.
  12. inane.imp

You can't run Percy and Cheerkillers in the same link.

This is an absolute travesty.

Tourniquet likes this.
  13. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yeah.. A self-sustainable smoke+MSV2 fireteam is not permitted in Tunguska.

Which is fine for me. Maybe because as others have pointed out, I also ain't fond of Killers over Tates. But I think they've got the potential to be cheap armor crackers, tho.

14. inane.imp

My biggest issue is mostly, hmm. How do I build a list with them? Wolfy + CK Haris for Panic Room is something I'd consider.

Something like this perhaps?

gfgIdHVuZ3Vza2ELUGFuaWMgUm9vbSCBLAIBDAGGEwEBAAKGBQEBAAOGBQEBAASETQECAAWBiQEIAAaBsgEJAAeBsgEKAAiBlwEBAAkyAQIACoRKAQIAC4RKAgIADIRKAgMAAgUBgZoBAQAChEcBAQADhEcBAQAEgZwBAQAFgZwBAQA=

15. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Okay nevermind then, their viability just dropped massively. Fireteam compositions are nightmare especially in an edition where they supposedly made things more simple and streamlined (more a general issue not necessarily TJC).

Something I have considered, but not tested yet, ran it's CJC counterpart a bunch to great effect.

16. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Wulver and CK Haris seems kinda cheap and viable armor crackers without costing SWCs. Could be a good sub-attacker.

#156 Ugin, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  17. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Had a go with cheerkillers (msv2, ap rifle) with miranda as the point man. Worked pretty well, took a flank on their own vs daturazi, pretas and linked raktorak and grabbed an objective

18. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

I've used CK harris about or six or eight times now by proxy or on TTS.

With no wildcards they are still a cheap harris and excellent DZ defense with great dodging ability, DTW and access to MSV-2. They can be a late game strike force when the harder targets are down. With a bit more investment, by adding a wildcard, they become a toolbox fireteam that can be much more aggressive earlier in a match.

I'm going to start out by saying that I usually make room for the MSV-2, I feel she's a bargain for 25 points, and they are often supported by Zondnautica's or free-range Perseus' smoke.

The most obvious addition is one of the 3 Mimetism -6 wildcards. This takes the pressure off of attacking entrenched fireteam AROs if they aren't using MSV. Raoul is my favorite here (personally I like him much more as an FTO than as an AD in N4) his MR + Drop Bears, or his CC bring a lot to this team in what they can attack. Miranda is the obvious cheap option, unfortunately her PH 10 makes her a weakness in the link that typically is fighting close in, but her profiles do add a lot of utility to the team. The Vostok is the 3rd choice; it's outright expensive and more so because you'll want to bump one of the CK to the Spec Op for the ability to push buttons. It can be potent with EVO buffs, 2 true STR, and the repeater is typically very useful for TJC. Also Climbing+ can let it kind of keep up with the girls in activations after they have had to Jump.

The other wildcard options are interesting too, and I have run the Spitfire Tsyklon several times in a CK harris and love its synergy with the rest of Tunguska. Essentially it comes down to the EVO buffs and pitchers, which can be refilled by the EVO, making it a potent B5 attacker and deploying spotlight/oblivion zones for your 6S hacker. The Feuerbach is also potent here because hacking doesn't solve all problems that wear heavy armor.

Jelena is a cheap sensor option, but for my points I'd much rather have the NCO Grenzer. Our only NCO can be very efficient in TJC, especially if your Interventor (or Lt) is in a fireteam core. The Grenzer is also an interesting option through smoke with his LFT, as templates through zero vis zones impose a -3 on the ARO Dodge while not making the Grenzer suffer the -6 for a BS attack. 3 LFT auto-hits is going to discourage ARO shooting back.

The final option is Wolfgang Amadeus Wolfymcwolfface. I'll straight up say that under most circumstances he's probably just a little bit worse than Raoul and will typically fill the same role for 1 more point. That said he is much better at dealing with DTW and generally just a little bit tougher. Him using his Para -6 while Berserking is an interesting option for a 1st round of combat, especially if he's only likely to take one wound in return. He also dodges as well as the CK and again climbing+ can help to keep their movement from being too inefficient if the CK need to Super Jump. I really wish Wolfy came with grenades, it would up his value by a lot to me.

As for CK profiles, I really want to like the AP Rifle + Multi Pistol, but DAM 13 AP is not exactly the pinnacle of Anti Armor and the SMG profiles more or less cover that at roughly similar ranges. Usually I'm working in a Multirilfe point man/woman anyway, so it just hasn't been a priority for me. All of the other profiles are really efficient. Some of you will probably find fault with this logic, but in my experience with them I have begun to value the high PH dodge almost as much as I would a second wound when they have to ARO.

The CK harris is huge for TJC. It opens up our list flexibility and the wildcard options we have complement them and many of the fundamentals that make TJC a solid sectorial in N4. CK cores are a whole other sack of potatoes, so I'm not going to go into that in this post.

#158 jfunkd, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  19. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Quick question: Everyone's talking about a Kriza Haris, but the profile says he can only Duo. The rules on the Haris are also confusing:
    • Only those units specified on their Sectorial Army List can compose a Fireteam: Haris.
    • At least one of the members of this Type of Fireteam must have the Fireteam: Haris Special Skill.
    So, on the one hand, it's enough if one member has Haris, but on the other hand, only units that the Secotiral army list says can Haris are actually allowed.

I'm asking because if I'm able to put a Kriza in a Hollowman Haris, I should also be able to put a Gecko in a Jaguar Haris, a Squalo in a Bolt Haris etc., and that quickly looks very wrong to me.

20. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

upload_2021-6-5_18-8-1.png

Thanks to the Special Fireteam notation, Kriza can join HM Fireteams. So technically it would be a Kriza in HM Haris, not Kriza Haris with HMs.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation