1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symbiomupdate

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by colbrook, Mar 21, 2019.

1. DustGod

DustGod Well-Known Member

Must not have been you then...
    All I'm saying is the Symbiomates were in need of balance..
    The player that did win was a veteran player I think that has a lot to do with it...
    But he built the force right before the event. It says a lot... I'm not talking ITS Stats either...
    I'm talking "I just built this and won a major tourney" one has nothing to do with the other

2. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Definitively “Greif”, not “grief”.

3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

People have correctly pointed out that if that's the case, the logo is misspelled.

Of course if you've got some source of information that really is definitive on the matter I'd love to hear about it :)

Abrilete likes this.
  4. A Mão Esquerda

The logo I’ve seen had “Designation Code: Greif Operators” on it.

5. RobertShepherd

The one in this post? Because, while you need to squint and the red youtube play bar does no favours, it's pretty clearly 'grief'. If they've corrected it for display elsewhere that'd clear things up though.

6. A Mão Esquerda

I forget where I saw it, but yeah, the one I saw was corrected from that, since the name is almost certainly a call out to “Operation Greif” during the Battle of the Bulge.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  7. RobertShepherd

If you can source it between now and the 27th, post it here :)

8. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

If you try to Rambo perhaps. If you try to play the missions not really.

9. Ben Kenobi

Unfortunately they do.

ev0k likes this.
  10. Ben Kenobi

A experienced player can take vanilla Aleph or Varuna and can win a tournament too. And it's important what missions where played.
    If you know what you can do with special profiles or archetypes, you can take an above average faction and make this miracle.

ChoTimberwolf and ev0k like this.
  11. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Must have missed that somewhere, plus the fact that tohaa isn't much played around my place (and funnily, my sole win with tohaa was... against tohaa :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Abrilete likes this.
  12. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

No. A posthuman TO hacker can wait until the last turn and walk up to a button and push it, with a minimal amount of points "wasted" until that point. Plus, attacking the enemy's ability to play the mission is and should be part of the game.

Plus, some missions are killing missions, which is where Posthumans *really* shine, because they can take quite a bit of effort to kill and are worth peanuts.

13. DustGod

DustGod Well-Known Member

OkieDoky

#173 DustGod, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  14. Aemaru

Aemaru Well-Known Member

Evok if i’m remember correctly when we meet in octogone you play soft and put on table your favorite miniatures (so beautifully painted !) not the most efficient ones ! I totally respect this way of playing it’s very noble but not everybody play as you do :)

ev0k likes this.
  15. Aemaru

Aemaru Well-Known Member

Greif have a signification more likely be the right one (someone pointed out an article on a clandestine german operation during ww2 in which they dresszd themselve as their ennemy)

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  16. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Well, i must reckon that might be true, sometimes... like 90% of the time :stuck_out_tongue:

Aemaru likes this.
  17. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

But you lose the choice on when to use it in the first place. I'd say minor downgrade personally.

I feel like I'm missing something from this conversation. What was the best way to deal with Mate's before:
    • Repeatable mod stacking (Smoke, ODD, Shotguns, TO) to win the fight with low investment.
    • Direct Template Weapons to guarantee the hit and force the decisions
    • Normal Rolls (Back Shots, Coordinated Orders, etc)
    • Crits? (Khwarji kind of count I guess?)

What are the best options now:
    • Direct Template Weapons
    • Repeatable Modifier stacking to proc the mate and survive.
    • Normal Rolls
    • Crits?
    Are these not the same basic counter play methods? Apart from Surprise Shot and Direct Template weapons gaining some value I'm not sure i see the major difference? Outside of the loss of being able to run that risk where appropriate/required as the Tohaa player.

I'd agree with this over all though. New units are good fits for slots that were misssing/hard to fill before. Lots of interesting flexibility brought with them.

I've seen a few people bandy this information around but have yet to see a source. Someone mentioned it was from a german podcast? Or you tube?

18. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

With the limited access to Kealtar, and a very easy to hide LT due to Holo 1, I would suggest taking a look at 'Bombs in Spiral. They have enormous potential.

Not wanting to put words in anyone's mouth, but I believe the counter play referred to with the change, is that winning the face to face, or hitting the 'Mate equipped unit with a template weapon, now has a chance, (however small), of causing wound due to a failed armor save.

Having experimented with these new rules as best we know them over the weekend, I did not find much difference in their effectiveness except in one case where I had to run out into the open against a Multi-Sniper and lost one wound. So the major difference I see is that getting them out of cover, or hitting with Marksmanship LX, is actually beneficial because it increases both the chance to wound as well.

19. Hecaton

It was a german-language youtube video someone linked to me on 4chan.

20. Hecaton

@nehemiah with the new rules, you're right, catching Mate users outside of cover is now more meaningful. With Total Immunity, high-burst weapons would seem to be favored.

Vanderbane and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation