1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symbiomupdate

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by colbrook, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

The mate can now be removed with the flashpuls of a warcore. Thats bullshit imo, but hey, now rambo armies can play there game even against Tohaa, so what.

Robock and Abrilete like this.
  2. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Such is the fate of the most optimised army with the best ability in the game.

It's hardly like mates are bad, rather slightly less OP and not game-breaking.

3. theradrussian

All I hear from this is "wah-wah, now a flash pulse can do to me what it does to literally every other faction in the game".

You do realise that they still need to WIN the F2F roll, right? Tohaa players...you do know how opposed rolls work right...right?

The entitlement is damn strong in this thread.

4. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I've had to symbiomate flash pulses before. This is neither anything new nor anything to complain about. Also, how seriously likely do you think a Warcor is to win a F2F roll with a linked Gao-Rael, or a Nikoul behind a Stratuscloud?

5. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

For what it's worth it's a very isolated voice. The majority of Tohaa players I've heard speak on this topic are in the 'cautious optimism' camp.

DukeofEarl, Xeurian, Cothel and 4 others like this.
  6. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

I'm actually looking forward to the changes. For many players I know, two CoC Kaeltar were autoincluded in their lists. Maybe this will change a little bit now, bringing more diversity to Tohaa lists.

Freeing up 21/0.5 points is actually a big deal, since suddenly, there's space for another Clipsos or other shenanigans. (I know they cost slightly more)

RobertShepherd and theradrussian like this.
  7. spears

spears Well-Known Member

Frankly I'm more concerned about a potential viral nerf with total immunity changes.

Xeurian likes this.
  8. Titus

Titus Varuna Beach Commando

I don't play Tohaa, but I feel sad about Gorgos. He is even worse with this nerf.

I think the symbiomate change is good and very welcomed in general, but poor Gorgos should receive some change. Maybe just give him 'Fire Immunity'.

Cothel, jmmelo and RobertShepherd like this.
  9. jmmelo

jmmelo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think that with the nerf on mates they could probably drop the fire sensitivity on all symbiont armor as well. Tohaa is not known for particularly tough armor anyway. Our HI is ARM 3, ffs!

Cothel and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  10. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

How is he worse? With the ARM9 and new Total Immunity under a mate? Where he'll most likely be immune to everything and we don't even know if he will be Fire-Vulnerable? He might be himself, but having a Total Immunity (no exceptions) mate might override that.

I'll wait until I see the rules, but this could actually be a fix for Gorgos.

ChoTimberwolf and theradrussian like this.
  11. theradrussian

You DON'T actually want higher armor as it costs points above and beyond its actual value tho.

Wyrmnax and AngryPanda like this.
  12. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Yeah, the only exception from it now is Camo / Imp (except during those activations when you use marker trooper to shoot on the active turn) :P

We cannot be sure when exactly we will be obliged to decalre the Mate.

13. theradrussian

Are we just going to assume ARM/BTS values come into play before making a save, and that F2F rolls will be ignored to break fundamental game systems?

14. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Nah, I was just thinking for a moment about possibility that declaration will be required upon being targeted as opposed to being hit, with actual effects being applied during making saves, as normal.
    But that would make them worthless on the basis that Active Turn exists, so that probably won't be the case.

theradrussian likes this.
  15. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Wait, what? The cost of a 'mate is constant. The additional ARM is just a cherry on top of the Total. Of course, getting 2 more ARM is less of a gain than gaining 8 on a LI, but if new Total-no exceptions works like I suppose it does, then using it to remove Fire-Vulnerable off Gorgos is a huge buff.

16. theradrussian

I mean with regards to your base arm stat

17. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

So much this.

ARM is probably the most overpriced stat in the game right now to have in your profile. People complain "oh, but you are only ARM3", well, guess what, you are not paying something like 5 pts to get to ARM4...

Barrogh and theradrussian like this.
  18. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Based on my experience of using the gorgos Id say this is not a buff. But your ymmv. And the gorgos remains perfectly reasonable. Just on the bad side of reasonable instead of the good side .

xagroth and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  19. Einhorn

Einhorn Combined Human Aid Delegation

So when Hiereth pointed out that this thread is mostly non-Tohaa trolls coming in to gloat and not actually Tohaa being upset, your response is to blame Tohaa for the bad and toxic behaviour of non-Tohaa posters on the forum because "such is fate"?

Yuck. Just because Tohaa is a good army doesn't mean it deserves toxic comments made about it. That's gross victim blaming and a pitiful way to engage in a hobby.

20. theradrussian

It's only "victim-blaming" if you're short sighted and see yourself as a "victim"

IMO it opens up design space and makes things somewhat less of a no-brainer.

Yuck. the guy with a symbiomate profile pic is after me! Are you scared your symbio-bomb cousins may actually see the table considering a buff for them wouldn't be surprising?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation