1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symbiomupdate

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by colbrook, Mar 21, 2019.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Please no more personal attacks in this thread.

@Sora9785 I am afraid I cannot remember if this combination was tested, so I cannot comment on it.

2. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I am not arguing that, but I'm also unwilling to cede much credence to claims that there is a first, second or third best faction based on a data set that was assembled before people had been able to build a proper expertise with any of the 3rd Offensive armies and before e.g. Dashat even existed.

That said: Tohaa heckin' awesome powerful and I love 'em.

3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

deleted

RobertShepherd likes this.
  4. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

This is a utterly achaic form of discipline, like from the middle ages... I personnally use a neandethalian one : i hit my boy ... with a stick !
    :stuck_out_tongue:

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  5. bqwer

bqwer New Member

I’ll go back to the point — Flash Pulse vs Symbiomate.

Currently it seems that Total Immunity dominates, as it cancels BTS roll itself (as granted skill) and not making it auto pass — so ‘mate doesn’t activate. Even section that states that using ‘mate is obligatory happens to be intact (as it saying that sucessfull attack must reqire ARM/BTS). Is this it?

Well FAQ on ‘mate will be great to clarify this.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  6. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

No FAQ required. There are two fully separate clauses in the TI rules.

One describes the 24/7 effects on the model as soon as Mate is assigned (ARM9, BTS9, Total Immunity). The other describes the situation in which a Mate is lost (used up, destroyed, whatever). That happens if and only if an ARM or BTS roll is forced on the model.

Flash cannot force an ARM/BTS roll because of the 24/7 "immune to non-lethal" (and Flash is Non-Lethal) effect of the assigned mate. Simply, nothing happens at all.

Instead, if a special ammo type, say Breaker, hits the model, it changes into N ammo, forces an ARM/BTS roll (target player's choice!) and after this is resolved, the Mate disappears because only now the 2nd clause has been used.

Abrilete and LaughinGod like this.
  7. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Also worth noting that a critical does not remove the mate directly. It can if it removes the symbiont armor though.

LaughinGod and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  8. DustGod

DustGod Well-Known Member

Whoa... :scream:
    Lmfao... :joy:
    This startin' to look like DakkaDakka :face_with_rolling_eyes:

My two cents I see a lot of cry babies that don't like the answers they're getting so they're freaking out.... End of Story... Bored Trolls go Paint and become better players

Out of all the attacks and all the harsh words and personal attacks and everything ^This^ was my favorite, absolute hands-down favorite part of everything I read just because of the pure audacity...

Nothing personal @meikyoushisui I just like Wow you're rewriting the game! Lmfao!

That is why it's so absolutely funny like I really laughed when I seen that post... I laughed a few times reading all of it... But that pull a Snort out
    My Girl looked at me... and she's not into this Stuff so the funniness of Pure Unadulterated Nerd Rage is lost on her... It was hard to explain why I laughed out loud at all the Freakout Anger
    (Which I myself have been caught up in a time or two)
    Anywhooo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Back to lurking

Alf O'Mega likes this.
  9. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

@psychoticstorm made the request, you can see it in the post I made since I quoted him. I simply acquiesced his request for a suggestion about how the rule could be written better. That post wasn't harsh words or personal attacks, it was an earnest request to fix the spanglishness of the rule.

Like hell yeah I've been pretty mad over some of this stuff, but that's not really a comment that exemplifies it...

#369 meikyoushisui, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  10. DustGod

It's not personal man... Promise...
    Everything happened in this Topic except a chair getting thrown.. it even got to the point where people were rewriting the rules.

I'm just got to laughing at it all man, not just the rules part but that was my my favorite part.

When people start calling each other body parts and rewriting the game you need to stop for one minute...step real far back from it...
    and see why somebody who just popped in to check out the topic is totally cracking up.

It was like poking your head into a Bar and seeing a Bar Fight taking place be like oh my God and just pull your head back out go to another spot

11. meikyoushisui

I don't get why we're stuck on this more than the fact that someone else who has at least some impact on what could be added to the wiki literally requested suggestions for how the rule was to be written.

I also am not sure why so many people care more about how I say things than what I actually say. I don't argue with people about their tone, I argue about their point.

LaughinGod likes this.
  12. DustGod

here's the Point where I get really controversial...
    You ready for it?

Are you Sure You're Ready?
    Are You Ready!!!!!!!!!

I don't have a problem with any rules from Infinity at all not one not one rule in the game is bothersome to me or has me upset or has me second-guessing corvus belli as game designers... I'm sorry but I love the balance in the game I have no problem with any faction I have no problem with any rules they've created I have no problem with any FAQ they've done I have no problem with anything they've done you'll never see post with me bitching or whining or crying or trying to rewrite the rules that are designed by corvus belli...
    Because I love the game it's wonderful it's the best game I've ever played and I tell you what I've been playing games longer than some of you have been alive I've been Wargaming since I was 13 years old... And I'm 44... you do the math
    I Have a bigger problem with crybabies then I will ever have with the game rules design... I think it's the best tabletop board game ever made and I have played a lot of tabletop WarGames
    (Whisper Text For Effect)

#372 DustGod, Apr 11, 2019
    Cothel and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I think CB is open to suggestions from community. And if someone has them, they should be able to make them without being called crybabies.

14. DustGod

Have you read the past three pages @LaughinGod ?
    I think cry baby is one of the most mild "insults" being tossed around and I honestly think that because of some of the fit throwing that's been taking place in this particular topic and it's real fit throwing man. you can see it I think it's an understatement no disrespect intended to you.
    I think on that note I'm not going to post it on this topic anymore because there's no saving this one there's no turning people's minds around there's no mild joking where it's not being taken very seriously ...
    This is serious serious business... so I'm going to go ahead and hit the door on this topic and catch up with you guys in the more mild and friendly topic .That hasn't debased into people calling each other "Dicks" or blasting each other with personal insults
    Or
    where Warcors feel like they got to step in like some kind of Human Bullet Shield because somebody says the word Cry-Baby... :scream::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    I'm out of this Motha! got no horse in this race

15. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Certainly, they should, and just as CB should be open to suggestions, the community should look at how they make those suggestions.

16. meikyoushisui

I am critical of CB precisely because I think the game is so excellent. They have done amazing things, which is why I am forgiving of some missteps, but as someone who has been playing this game for a reasonably long amount of time, watching them make the same mistakes over and over again is kind of painful.

But I think deflecting any kind of criticism of holes in the rules as people acting like "crybabies" is a great way to write off the other side without ever doing any critical thinking. I don't run around calling people I disagree with "brainwashed CB fanboys", do I? No. Because I care about the game and want it to improve, and I respect the opinions of people I disagree with.

#376 meikyoushisui, Apr 11, 2019
    Berjiz, LaughinGod and TheRedZealot like this.
  17. DustGod

I'm out man talk to another person... like I said it's like sticking your head in the bar where there's a fight going on and now I'm being drugged into the fight kind of jumped into the fight a little bit but not really I was joking around so for real... you can quote all the other posts I've made and everything else I'm not responding to anything else in this Post man not when there's a Warcor who's worried about me saying the word Cry-Baby.. when people are calling each other dicks and rewriting the game
    Y'all can Have it
    all this fighting isn't going to change a damn thing anyway...
    :heart::v:

18. islandOfMisfitToys

Welp... this thread had run its course

Bellyflop, DustGod and meikyoushisui like this.
  19. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Guys it was a honest request, please do not start a war because somebody decided to reply in my request, if people think the rules could be written in a different way asking how this would be and them replying is entirely normal.

20. meikyoushisui

Thank you for this.

DustGod and borings like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation