1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symbiomupdate

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by colbrook, Mar 21, 2019.

1. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

You say that in sarcasm or jest, but I strongly recommend it. Nothing quite demystifies a perceived terror in the night like stepping into its shoes. :)

DukeofEarl, nehemiah and OrderMonkey like this.
  2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Oh, my playgroup has army swap days after big tournaments. I've done it. But what's more important is the tournament stats that were scraped off the site recently. That's far better than any anecdotal evidence.

3. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

To not derail the discussion in the rule section anymore I answer you here and sorry quoted the wrong message. More expensive units that like to use flash pulse in aro like sun tze have other weapons to choose from they don't depend to use Flash Pulse.

4. Hecaton

Nah, the design for the Umbra and Sun Tze is that it clearly is meant as a defensive option. Look at the range bands relative to their other options.

5. RobertShepherd

I mean you're banging on about our pre-daedelus data like we didn't all know this was objectively the best faction.

borings likes this.
  6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I disagree (to my chagrin, since I have Tohaa too): the PDF has been revised, and indicates in the 'mates entry that "the player will roll, applying the Total Inmunity effects", and in Spanish it uses the equivalent to "the player MUST roll, applying the TI effects", meaning that the roll is forced by the piece of equipment, checking the "discar 'mate" clause even if you don't need to roll because TI.

Remember he has, regarding rules ruling, as much weight as any other Warcor.

7. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Again, Flash Pulse doesn’t force any Roll, so that text doesn’t apply.

That you keep saying this or equivalent things doesn’t make it true. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

If it's so clear cut... CB will give a clear answer by tomorrow, right? And also consider the thing about crits.

So you do have official endorsement by CB to clarify the rules for everyone as Palanka did back in the day? If so, accept my most sincere apologies.

9. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

How to miss the point. :-(

10. Hecaton

Eh, given that the default state of Flash ammo is a BTS roll, that's still very much up for debate.

It's also fairly bullshit that they work on the Biotechvore zone now.

Don't try to be a clever dick about it. What is the point?

meikyoushisui likes this.
  11. RobertShepherd

Why is that bullshit? Makes perfect sense to me.

12. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

That someone who is a frequent contractor/freelancer for CB and specifically permanently over projects such as the wiki and editing (not just proofing) the rules is a bit more than a run of the mill WarCor...

13. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Careful. This too may be too clever.

14. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Yeah, kudos to @ijw for not treating this personally. The personal attacks he's getting from people are downright rude and completely uncalled for.

DustGod, ev0k, Postmortem and 7 others like this.
  15. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Are you arguing that adding a half dozen units and actually improving symbiomates (based on the interpretation being offered here) is going to make them worse? The Kriigel alone is worth the mate change.

I don't envy the position CB has put him in in terms of rules interpretation. Many players consider IJW rulings to be as close to a CB ruling as is possible, which shows a failing by CB to actually address problems in their ruleset. CB should either make him officially the arbiter of the rules, or step in and be more proactive about these types of rules discussions.

xagroth, ev0k, borings and 4 others like this.
  16. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Yeah, he's somewhere in the middle of the spectrum of "experienced player" > "RAI interpreter who's in contact with the designers" > "part time designer, RAW interpreter" > "RAW (FAQ, errata) writer / game designer";

We need people from the last bracket to talk to us, but maybe nobody in the company can or is willing to take such a public spot and become the face of changes people will be whining and downright abusive about from day one. It's not like the community is helping such people step forward, so what we've got is what we've got.

Without people from the middle brackets (psychoticstorm, RAI interpreter; IJW, RAW interpreter?) we'd be down to "old Games Workshop" lack of attention and contact / support. We've got psychoticstorm and especially IJW here basically 24/7, we ought to recognize their limitations, but also appreciate the extent of the help they can and are willing to provide - especially in the view of the treatment they're getting.

We could probably use people like Gutier (game designer) or at the very least Palanka (CB confirmed RAW interpreter / referee, whose interpretations are final)

17. Hecaton

Considering the rules are frequently unclear and don't even use complete sentences much of the time that's not a mark in his favor.

18. Hecaton

Because it allows them to leave ARO pieces in the biotechvore zone while everyone else has to get them out or risk losing them.

19. Hecaton

He already made it personal by appealing to his personal authority.

20. Hecaton

Make good rulings and it won't happen. I wasn't saying anything bad about the SymbioMate change until it included a passive immunity to nonlethal weaponry, which is against the spirit of a one-use piece of gear and might actually represent a buff from the pre-DF symbiomates.

Prior to the TI change I was wondering how they were gonna handle nonlethal attacks... turns out they just didn't.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation